Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro

Boxing Up Toilet Pipes In Hdb

Am planning to box up the toilet pipes (practically all of them) and tiling over the boxup. Some said if anything happen to the pipes.. have to break the tiles and boxup. My prev house over 10 years, never had to touch the pipes before. But can get smelly sometimes.

Any advice or experience for this?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Good that you brought this up, as I was planning of doing the same thing. :good:

Yeah! I'm definitely going to box up already, the tiles already allocated the space for the boxup. Some people even suggested doing the boxup to have ability to open at the side. @.@

If u are concealing the pipes, they will look good visually.

However, in the near future should anything happen to your piping or when drilling is required around that area, you'll risk having to hack out all the tiles that concealed the piping.

U might want to check with your renovator on its implications.

Did this for my place before. Just boxing up and painting. I am not sure if the adhesive will hold the tile to the gypsum board / plywood in the long term.

We just bought a 15 year old resale flat and intend to box up most of the ugly pipes. Just worried that moisture would get trapped in the box, will it?

We just bought a 15 year old resale flat and intend to box up most of the ugly pipes. Just worried that moisture would get trapped in the box, will it?

I boxed it up with false ceiling and covered it with acrylic with lights. removing the acrylic will reveal the pipe. Vertical pipes i built a storage cabinet over it. if want, can still access pipes.

photo-63.jpg

hi hi.. I am thinking of boxing the basin like yours.. may I know how much was it? rgds

I boxed it up with false ceiling and covered it with acrylic with lights. removing the acrylic will reveal the pipe. Vertical pipes i built a storage cabinet over it. if want, can still access pipes.

photo-63.jpg

photo-63.jpg

Looks nice and neat. :)

Wish I can do the same but my old 4-NG toilets are way toooo small to do anything. The common toilet can't even fit the wash basin. :(

Besides, I think it'll cost you quite a considerable sum for all this carpentry work right?

Hi, your box up looks really good. Is it openable? Would you mind to share or PM how much did it cost? Thanks