Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prism

Terminology Clarification - Per Foot Run

sorry I am a noob, but what does per foot run encompass? If there are base cabinet and wall cabinets in the kitchen, is the "per foot run" double?. Can someone educate me on this.. thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
sorry I am a noob, but what does per foot run encompass? If there are base cabinet and wall cabinets in the kitchen, is the "per foot run" double?. Can someone educate me on this.. thanks

I ask this because there are ppl with 40 ft run kitchens in this forum, which sounds big, thats why i'm confused

I ask this because there are ppl with 40 ft run kitchens in this forum, which sounds big, thats why i'm confused

yup, top and bottom cabinets are counted separately.

so if top = 20 ft in length and bottom = 20 ft in length, final will be 40 ft run.

say if the contractor charges $100 per foot run, then the cost for this top and bottom cabinets is 40 x $100 = $4000.

hope this helps :)

yup, top and bottom cabinets are counted separately.

so if top = 20 ft in length and bottom = 20 ft in length, final will be 40 ft run.

say if the contractor charges $100 per foot run, then the cost for this top and bottom cabinets is 40 x $100 = $4000.

hope this helps :)

Thanks! That clarified everything up!

Edited to remove my explanation as Marshmallow has already done the needful .. . :)

Edited by Maximus

Another question...Do carpenters count the foot run of the shared/common portion of L-shaped kitchen cabinet twice? i.e the common connecting section of the L-shape that connects the perpendicular cabinets count twice?

Another question...Do carpenters count the foot run of the shared/common portion of L-shaped kitchen cabinet twice? i.e the common connecting section of the L-shape that connects the perpendicular cabinets count twice?

They will try to do this .. but you should make sure they count it only once. If they tell you that its the industry standard, they are just trying their luck with you. I was told this twice and i told them that since their material cost and labour cost is going to be applicable just once, they cant charge me twice for the L-section. So when one ID told me that this is Industry Standard, i just applied the per foot run for the L-section area and asked for a discount equal to the same amount. End of the day, you just want to make sure you dont get "fleeced". Its not always possible to get the best deal for every single thing that you do .! :)

They will try to do this .. but you should make sure they count it only once. If they tell you that its the industry standard, they are just trying their luck with you. I was told this twice and i told them that since their material cost and labour cost is going to be applicable just once, they cant charge me twice for the L-section. So when one ID told me that this is Industry Standard, i just applied the per foot run for the L-section area and asked for a discount equal to the same amount. End of the day, you just want to make sure you dont get "fleeced". Its not always possible to get the best deal for every single thing that you do .! :)

it's indeed an industrial standard to double count the L-section area. if it's not a lot, let your ID/contractor earn that bit la... don't say until everyone try to "fleece" from customers leh :P

else just nego with your ID/contractor if they can give you discount lor... ;)

Girth is measure. That means 'no' to your question.

Actually, double-counting of the corner is applicable only if that corner is made accessible by both doors, according to my carpenter.

I had a U shape, they counted double for 1 corner coz it was accessible from both sides. The other corner, only accessible from 1 side.

Quite silly la.. since having it accessible from both sides means less partitions but still want to charge more. I still had to pay extra for the 180 degree hinges too.