Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kohhh

Replacing Window Panel Rubber Caskets

One Recommended Term contractor for Window charges S$150 to S$200 to replace the rubber casket of the following windows.

4 pieces of Fixed Panel of 2.5 ft by 8 inches on both sides

2 pieces of Fixed Panel 3 ft by 8 inches on both sides

I believe there are better quotes.

Can someone recommend a contractor that is HDB licenced Windows Contractor that is cheaper.

One contractor and a neighbour told me that the leakage has nothing to do with the window rubber caskets. They were certain that the leakage was due to plastering of sloping walls with no waterproofing materials. What are you views on this?

kohhh @ hotmail dot com

Edited by kohhh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
One Recommended Term contractor for Window charges S$150 to S$200 to replace the rubber casket of the following windows.

4 pieces of Fixed Panel of 2.5 ft by 8 inches on both sides

2 pieces of Fixed Panel 3 ft by 8 inches on both sides

I believe there are better quotes.

Can someone recommend a contractor that is HDB licenced Windows Contractor that is cheaper.

One contractor and a neighbour told me that the leakage has nothing to do with the window rubber caskets. They were certain that the leakage was due to plastering of sloping walls with no waterproofing materials. What are you views on this?

kohhh @ hotmail dot com

Are you using those casement type windows? You might want to check where the water is seeping in from when it rains. Maybe it's through the seals where the screws are in the windows? If that's the case then perhaps a bit of silicone at those areas will help.

If it's leakage on all the sides of the windows that meet the walls, then maybe the vertical edges of the walls are uneven and the window frame doesn't meet the wall nicely so it's causing water to seep in?

I have not heard of waterproofing material being used on the window walls. However, if the whole wall below the window is having mould problems or is damp all the time, then it's a bigger issue that needs to be taken up with HDB.

I had to install some anti-slip thing for my sliding windows last time and because it's a small job, most of the HDB window contractors I called said they don't do this type of work. Only 1 out of the 5 that I called said they can do the job (total was $160). So if it's a small job that needs to be done, you can try this guy (Ah Gui 91446857). He works for a HDB licensed window co. - sorry I forgot the name already, you can check with him.

IMO to change the rubber gasket is not an easy job coz the guy has to take down all the windows and then put them back again. You can't change it with the panels still attached / fixed to the hinges or sliding grilles.

I hope this topic is still live.

Hi I need to replace rubber gaskets for some parts of existing casement and sliding HDB windows. Can anyone recommend any good BCA window contractors to do this job? Thanks much..