Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blackwhite.sg

Recommending Good Lighting Shop

Hi,

The most famous places to shop for lightings - Balestier, Jalan Besar, and Geylang........

I've tried numbers of lighting shop around but Highly recommend customers to

1st: FOCUS DE LIGHTING @ 519 Balestier Rd #01-01

Why i recommend them?

Answer: I renovated one of the Hair Salon at Tiong Bahru and ordered 1 hanging light from them, When electrician installed the light then he tell me the light is spoilt (try to fix but can't). I called the boss Ronnie and he sent his men down with a NEW light next day morning and replace it for me. (Appreciated his help cos normally most of the lighting shop will ask me to bring the spoilt light back to their shop replace it. Which i find very troublesome and unfair to us. In my situation I have to re-arrange electrician to re-install again which i have to pay them extra for 2nd trip and i can't charge the owner/customer for re-install right. (nothing is free in this world)

They give 1 year On Site Warranty to all my customers including light bulbs.

If within 1 year, your lights of bulbs fuses or spoilt give them a call and they'll send their workers to your house repair or replace it for FREE......

Quality Assurance

2nd: Number One Lighting @ 673 Geylang Rd #01-01

Cheap, Cheap and Cheap as most of the property agent get from them.

But if your lights spoilt hahaha .....then you have to bring down to exchange and ask your electrician to re-install (sometime electrician don't charge but i personally feel that i should pay them for their time and transport cos their making a living)

Shaw Plaza 2nd floor one of the biggest lighting shop in sg....

Happy shopping.....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply

Yes, I'm an ID so i had gone through nos. of lightings shop like : 168 Trading, 3T Lighting, Chuan Huat Lighting, Strass Lighting, Noble Lighting,

Euro Star Lighting and ........................

Why i recommend Focus De Lighting and Number One Lighting?????? Refer previous post................

For reno sample pls visit www.singreno.com :P :P :P

If you need quotation or assist in reno, please feel free to pm me.

Regards,

aren't you a ID?

http://blackwhite.sg/

i bought my lights from lightings.com.sg located at jalan besar.

the price is good but warranty only 90 days.

i have not received my lights yet though. :sport-smiley-018:

Can i check for Chandeliers from lightings.com is there an installation charge?

Was quoted $25 per chandelier.

Hi All

Just bought all my lights from Chelsea Lighting in Jurong West. One of the best buying experience out of all my stuffs for new hse. Serve by a young chap name John, very friendly and able to recommend you what he feels is good. Only one light I did not buy from them turns out to give me big problem, self collect, broke, exchange blah blah....end up going back Chelsea to buy again.

Overall satisfaction from Chelsea: 9/10

Will give a 10 if i am not a Man Utd fan. Hahaha

Hi All

Just bought all my lights from Chelsea Lighting in Jurong West. One of the best buying experience out of all my stuffs for new hse. Serve by a young chap name John, very friendly and able to recommend you what he feels is good. Only one light I did not buy from them turns out to give me big problem, self collect, broke, exchange blah blah....end up going back Chelsea to buy again.

Overall satisfaction from Chelsea: 9/10

Will give a 10 if i am not a Man Utd fan. Hahaha

Hi,

Jurong West Address of Chelsea Lighting, please.

Only find one at 353 Jurong East Street 31

Can i check for Chandeliers from lightings.com is there an installation charge?

Was quoted $25 per chandelier.

hey there's a lighting shop @ Vertex selling a variety of crystal Chandeliers, you can take a look at their website here if im not wrong they only charge about 45-50 for all the installations

Since Chelsea lighting is spoken here, I'd like to share my mixed experience buying from them.

I bought four led downlights. Asked for four warm whites.

When I made payment, I had the urge to check my goods. Usually I'll just leave without checking, but thank goodness I did - cool whites were given. I politely told them the error, although to be honest there was a slight irate in me.

So several days later when my electrician installed the downlights, two of the lights were cool lights. I went to the shop again to get it changed. I stayed patient and polite, told them those lights weren't warm white. Betty's (apparently the lady boss) said "test already", I trusted her, and went home. *Do note I live in Choa Chu Kang; Chelsea Lighting is opposite Chinese Garden MRT. Each journey is 30 minutes.

I went home and installed those downlights clearly labeled 'Warm White', and it was still cool white -_-. It is frustrating really. Three errors? C'mon guys.

Another half an hour later I'm back in Chinese Garden with all my four downlights for comparison and my dad. I totally had the urge to go sarcastic with Betty saying "Do you mind turning on all lights for me? Me and my dad may need to check for colour blindness." I'm proud to say I didn't, cause it will probably be rude for me to speak to an elder like that. And also to give them the benefit of the doubt that they might not be the one at fault. I asked Betty to see all four downlights. To make matters short, I was right 2 lights were of the wrong colour and it was the suppliers' fault the whole carton was labeled incorrectly.

I went home and installed the correct downlights (again). One of the springs holding the lights to the light box snapped during installation. Bad luck number four.

I called Betty and, still being patient after all these incidents, told her about the spring. After a two minute she ended the call with "Tomorrow I send the spring", I could hear the phone being slammed. Without a goodbye. I feel the rudeness was not warranted. I made a conscious effort to be polite and not elevate my voice. At this point something in my mind just tripped. I had to finally make my first post on Renotalk to let the internet population know of my disappointment. I'm tired of being patient.

Despite all these, there is some redemption. Remember the two downlights with the wrong colour, they sent it to my house together with the spring. Sending to my house wasn't Betty's idea. It was another elderly man working there, I think it's her husband. When the husband offered to send them to my house, Betty told me otherwise, telling me to go to the shop (also again) to get the lights myself. The husband said never mind just send to him. I like that guy. He knows customer service. He should advice Betty proper customer service.

I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend everyone just buy in JB. Much cheaper. I don't know about customer service, but honestly I don't really give a **** about customer service because people naturally don't think they should provide after sales service since it doesn't provide any revenue.

Just my two cents.

Maybe you can take a look at Philips Lighting I saw their promotion in Renotalk and went down to take a look at the products and consider worth buying because I personally went down to balestier and I find some shops the lights are cheap but quality wise.....:(

Brilliant Lightsource service was good and non pushy. I didn't end up buying anything from there though coz there was a light shop very near my place with good pricing too. It's called ION Lights at Changi Road.

Brilliant Lightsource service was good and non pushy. I didn't end up buying anything from there though coz there was a light shop very near my place with good pricing too. It's called ION Lights at Changi Road.

yes, their boss are so friendly even you just buy a bulb from him. :good: