Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
west

Change New Aircon?

Hi guys

If the purchased house comes with an existing aircon system (about 4 yrs + old), if its not those so reliable brand or very energy saving kind, would you continue using it or have it replaced?

Is there such a thing such as air con trade in?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
If i am using it everyday i would change it or at least do a full chemical wash.

The aircon might be very dirty already.

I agreed you said, if still quite new looks or work still quite well.

So I will keep for using until the age is coming or something spoil.

Then I just change to new inverter type.

Cause for normal air cond life can be up to 7 years if you have do well maintainer can be up to 10 years only you not satisfied.

hmmm

i will test it first, my concern is that since i am doing some minor reno to the house, i am just wondering if its better to change now.... instead of next time when something goes wrong, i may have to redo all the truckings again, possibly affecting other furnishings

hmmm

i will test it first, my concern is that since i am doing some minor reno to the house, i am just wondering if its better to change now.... instead of next time when something goes wrong, i may have to redo all the truckings again, possibly affecting other furnishings

you are correct, if now at the same time change with reno, cause if change to new inverter type for the gas cooper pipe have to used the new one, so can be conceal together before installed the air cond.

same like mine now, last time i used R22 gas non-inverter for the gas is conceal into wall, for now i changed to inverter type then i cannot do anything just using the trucking at the wall and looks not nice already.

inside my master room, cause due to energy saving and comfortable so i will do.

so if you really not satisfied better change now.

after no regret.

it's the look.

P1020569.jpg

Edited by kimsim

you are correct, if now at the same time change with reno, cause if change to new inverter type for the gas cooper pipe have to used the new one, so can be conceal together before installed the air cond.

same like mine now, last time i used R22 gas non-inverter for the gas is conceal into wall, for now i changed to inverter type then i cannot do anything just using the trucking at the wall and looks not nice already.

inside my master room, cause due to energy saving and comfortable so i will do.

so if you really not satisfied better change now.

after no regret.

it's the look.

P1020569.jpg

Really nice info. Inverter is good if we use it daily ;)

Really nice info. Inverter is good if we use it daily ;)

Agree... Better do it with the reno. Otherwise, its going to be more expensive if you leave it till the next round. Get reliable and established brands such as Daikin or Mitsu Elec inverters. Its a worthy investment in the long run. My folks is using Daikin and i'm using Mitsu Elec which is a tad noisier. If you look up the forum, think you will find feedbacks on the various brands.

hmm.. I'm having the same problem too..the ex- owner had system 4 install in the place.I was thinking of removing 1 of the unit from the living room since I don't need one.Looking at the yellowish cover of the air con especially in the living room make me thinking of changing to system 3.I used the air-con only at night,while my mum and another spare room no one use it,should I get the inverter one?Can the inverter use the old trunking back,since the ex-owner had put the trunking all over the room..hmm dilemma now.If I change I will be over budget,since I'm doing renovation should I do all at once or save money and buy a new system if the current air-con got faulty..any suggestion?

Edited by Kewlboi

hmm.. I'm having the same problem too..the ex- owner had system 4 install in the place.I was thinking of removing 1 of the unit from the living room since I don't need one.Looking at the yellowish cover of the air con especially in the living room make me thinking of changing to system 3.I used the air-con only at night,while my mum and another spare room no one use it,should I get the inverter one?Can the inverter use the old trunking back,since the ex-owner had put the trunking all over the room..hmm dilemma now.If I change I will be over budget,since I'm doing renovation should I do all at once or save money and buy a new system if the current air-con got faulty..any suggestion?

can i ask what is your current model for your living hall?

if you can post some of photo here, maybe us can help.

or suggest you how to do without removed for living hall unit.

cause after removed for the original gas pipe or drainage pipe have to plaster recover back with painting as well.

don't judge a A/C by its look.

My previous owner also left the same brand A/C to us.

He also say he seldom use and it is in good condition, etc etc..

But after hand over the key and when we turn on them.

common room are quite ok except the masterbed room super noisy even during day time.

I insist to change a new one. My spouse was nagging.. say.. extra $$$.

When the AC contractor hack down the old one and let us see the old pipe etc.

My spouse told me "I'm no regret to change the AC" :rolleyes:

the yellowish air con left by ex owner..too change or not to change..haizz

img9083n.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

for your aircond still look quite ok.

i thought is too old model.

can be use magic sponge buy from any store or Daiso outlet.

but have take out the front cover if you know to open out.

cleaning use magic sponge with some water for cleaning.

it's i done before for after clean you will satisfied for your aircond outlook.

hehe lucky my previous york aircond still in my photobucket.com

i can sharing of the original color with after spray painted.

for my 2 units is installed diffirence room.

original color

P8070693-1.jpg

after spray color.

P8070691-2.jpg

Edited by kimsim

for your aircond still look quite ok.

i thought is too old model.

can be use magic sponge buy from any store or Daiso outlet.

but have take out the front cover if you know to open out.

cleaning use magic sponge with some water for cleaning.

it's i done before for after clean you will satisfied for your aircond outlook.

hehe lucky my previous york aircond still in my photobucket.com

i can sharing of the original color with after spray painted.

for my 2 units is installed diffirence room.

original color

P8070693-1.jpg

after spray color.

P8070691-2.jpg

wow kimsim that is nice.u do it yourself?talk to the owner she said the aircon was from the 1st owner and i'm the third owner..the MBR aircon is noisy as she said.Now still deciding to change to system 3.,.but budget go up...haizz...

talk to the owner she said the aircon was from the 1st owner and i'm the third owner..the MBR aircon is noisy as she said.Now still deciding to change to system 3.,.but budget go up...haizz...

same as me.

better change.

no regret one.

Think.. later at night, weather hot.

U on the A/C.. noisy.. how to sleep.

1 one pain better than few night sleepless.

I get a non-inverter SANYO system 3 A/C $2500