Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
micah4

Lpg Hose - How Often Do You Change Yours

aka bottled or canister gas...one lpg delivery staff told me that the hose should be changed every 3 months? Cost: S$10/m

how often do you change yours?

do you replace the hose yourself?

where do you buy your hose from?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
aka bottled or canister gas...one lpg delivery staff told me that the hose should be changed every 3 months? Cost: S$10/m

how often do you change yours?

do you replace the hose yourself?

where do you buy your hose from?

simple. do a soap bubble test every month. run a spongeful of diluted soapy solution over the pipe and the connectors, see if there are bubbles forming (gas leak). if no leak, then leave it.

hmm...I think this is more pragmatic than listening to that guy and changing it every 3 months, altho I doubt many would do that, probably more like once a year for most people...it's more like playing on kiasuism.

it used to be that the gas had some smell, but it seemed that nowadays the gas is odourless, so that "test" is ruled out.

must change wan meh? my hose is concealed in kitchen cabinet. so how?

rubber hose...over time becomes brittle and form tiny cracks/holes.

hmm...I think this is more pragmatic than listening to that guy and changing it every 3 months, altho I doubt many would do that, probably more like once a year for most people...it's more like playing on kiasuism.

it used to be that the gas had some smell, but it seemed that nowadays the gas is odourless, so that "test" is ruled out.

inherently, propane in LPG gas is added with some odourant so that it gives the characteristic smell in case of a gas leak. so i the smell is always there. and the test will always be useful.

inherently, propane in LPG gas is added with some odourant so that it gives the characteristic smell in case of a gas leak. so i the smell is always there. and the test will always be useful.

hi, the brand "solar gas" I'm currently using (previous was esso, mobile, shell...over the years) do not hv any odour cause when I plugged or unplugged the head, I did not smell anything, unlike with the others...and so I erroneously thot that all the other brands are the same odourless now. If that is so, I think I better switch back to esso or shell.

Edited by micah4