Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lazybum9

Our 1st Home...

today went to harvey norman sale @ suntec...walked into exhibition hall but find that most stuffs that we wanna get are not available...quite disappointed with the fair...should have went to the gain city one...anyway we did our homework and got the lowest prices for each appliance in town so went over to millenia walk HN to take a look...they are renovating some sections which happened to be the electrical appliances so another wasted trip... :bangwall:

walked back to suntec and realised that there's HN store in suntec...decided to go there to see look...spoke to a salesgal who doesn't seems to know much of products but willing to call agents to enquire more...their prices are quite ok comparing the big players but not with my lowest price...a few calls to her manager and she is able to match my price...big big hole in wallet now...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
glad that the tiles and laminate are not clashing...

They look fantastic, lazybum! Trust me - I've lived in more places than I can count - about 12 homes whilst renting in Australia - I was quite a vagabond and liked to shift yearly or twice yearly just to experience a different suburb, and I can tell you - GREY TILES ARE THE BEST. For concealing hair, dirt, stains, pet hair etc - GREY!

One of the few places I lived in Australia with grey tiles in kitchen:

3178530370_cd17e2dbb7.jpg

3178530492_68cfe1342b.jpg

And grey tiled bathroom:

3177696133_2117d273b1.jpg

Naturally, I went with grey tiles for the wet kitchen for my current home :P

-Ely

They look fantastic, lazybum! Trust me - I've lived in more places than I can count - about 12 homes whilst renting in Australia - I was quite a vagabond and liked to shift yearly or twice yearly just to experience a different suburb, and I can tell you - GREY TILES ARE THE BEST. For concealing hair, dirt, stains, pet hair etc - GREY!

One of the few places I lived in Australia with grey tiles in kitchen:

3178530370_cd17e2dbb7.jpg

3178530492_68cfe1342b.jpg

And grey tiled bathroom:

3177696133_2117d273b1.jpg

-Ely

Thanks for the compliment Ely1...

read in the papers that some units in my estate broken in during their reno, combination locks tampered with...still very concerned that my main gate can't use the padlock...maybe i should change the main gate altogether...but gate is new now change abit wasted man... :(

read in the papers that some units in my estate broken in during their reno, combination locks tampered with...still very concerned that my main gate can't use the padlock...maybe i should change the main gate altogether...but gate is new now change abit wasted man... :(

if you don't have anything in the flat during reno, nothing to steal leh... so nothing to worry, right?

your worry is when you move in or what??

Take a picture of the gate handle / lock and the door handle / lock and will see if I can think of anything to help.

RB

-Ely

yea grey is the way... my next kitchen will have grey tiles............

i have no ways to use any padlock...so dumb the design and developer can claimed they are not in any wrong and that the gate is approved by HDB... :angry:

erm how about just change the main gate/main door lock sets, and not using a padlock at all? anyway when you lock both main door and main gate, got 2 locks liao.

i'm not using a padlock now... and actually in my home town, no one uses padlock...

erm how about just change the main gate/main door lock sets, and not using a padlock at all? anyway when you lock both main door and main gate, got 2 locks liao.

Think the problem is allowing access to the people doing the reno without someone having to be there all the time or having lots of keys cut for all the different workers :( . Combo padlock the best option although those supplied by IDs are usually quite old and could be warn and so easier to guess the numbers. A new lock may be better but still need a way to secure it.

RB

Think the problem is allowing access to the people doing the reno without someone having to be there all the time or having lots of keys cut for all the different workers :( . Combo padlock the best option although those supplied by IDs are usually quite old and could be warn and so easier to guess the numbers. A new lock may be better but still need a way to secure it.

RB

ahhh i see. then probably have to use the existing main gate's lock, then change the lock set after reno is over. also got to delay delivery of most (if not all) valuable items to after lock set is changed.

Finally back after busy period @ work...interface has changed, kinda prefer old one...anyway, not much reno progress past few weeks due to pending selection of wall colours...some pictures of the false ceilings...

29927982.jpg

Foyer

76255117.jpg

Living & Dining area

64149450.jpg

MBR

<!--quoteo(post=624456:date=Mar 31 2011, 03:14 PM:name=wayne900)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wayne900 @ Mar 31 2011, 03:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=624456"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->HH say they will come and see first.. Then my main door is peeling. Whole piece is coming off.. HH will only help to stick it back.. I cannot image after 1 year. what is the problem we can face.

My wife saw one microwave/oven that she like but it is pretty big.. not sure how to find a space for it man.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

is door going to be under the 1 yr warranty too??? if not, can tell HH that u going to get your contractor to change and charge the cost to them cos they are not rectifying the problem, just sweeping it under hoping it's fine...

i thought u are using the space above the washer to wall mount the microwave???

My main door also got same problem, now waiting for them to change a new door. waiting time is one month.