Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edelweiss

Mould Bugs On The Walls And Roof

Just to share this with u guys. I tried spraying the magic clean mould killer on the wall then wipe it off later and the mould actually came off. Don't know if is beneficial in the long run or not.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Quote from: Trouble Book Lice at ExpatSingapore

1. Get electric dehumdifier (i have 3 in the house) -- my house is very humid, water gets full 1-2 days

2. Spray insecticides on wall corners, cracks and any where that they could possibly breed...

3. If your bed is infested, likely chance, you will find them building a nest under the downside of the bed, in that case, you would have to wipe it off with cloth, then spray Antibacterial kill 99% germs from NTUC.

4. Change your bedsheet every week to avoid manifesting.

5. Clean your floor at least every 2 days with magic clean, it will trap those creepy crawlies onto the cleaning cloth. Mop regularly if possible.

6. Regularly wipe the furnitures in your house, as chances is that they have lay their eggs everywhere including the bed(so bedsheet must change), use furniture shine spray to wipe, apparently it seems to keep those creepy crawlies off...dun ask me why.

7. Keep all open food into the fridge and empty dustbin regularly(as they will find food inside)

8. Spray on mould receptive items (eg: curtains, velvet material, matress ...etc) with the Antibacterial kill 99% germs from NTUC.

9. Wash all clothes and pack them in bags then inside cupboard and hang only those you wanted on clothes stands...Pack them in bags, you can spray insecticide anywhere you want and also even if you get pest control in, you do not have to wash the clothes.

10. Normal cupboard put dehumidifiers(the normal one)...

11. Keep toilet clean as they also like to breed in toilet.

12. Their breeding place. Under the bed/sofa, walls, toilets, hollow woods. cup***. Basically anywhere wet, as for lighting, i have experiment, it doesn't bother them.

this hygrometer with alarm clock quite cheap My link

thank you topspin, i will order borax end of feb. how much is your shipping cost? u should use borderlinx/cgw to ship

Edited by dean

Yup. For bet results, close the door and window, switch on dehumidifier only. I always switched it on before going to work. After coming back home, u will realise the air in the room is a bit dry. I think mine is ND290. The lowest in electricity comsumption.

how u schedule ur dehumidifier? is it 24hrs each day for each room? do u open master bedroom toilet door when u turn on dehumidifier?

does 12hr sufficient? when turn on dehumidifier should i turn off ceiling fan?

fyi nd290i estimated monthly consumption $38++ i waiting to buy novita nd290i when stock arrive in spore

i got other brand 22L dehumidifier.

Edited by dean

sorry i didnt read all other posts. But i can confirm that u can solve it by doing 2 things.

1. Use dettol mix with water and then use cloth to wipe all the walls including ceiling. Do that for a few times spread over days.

2. Repaint the walls with sealant + anti-mould paint.

3. Always monitor and think of remedy.

Last time my whole house infected with a lot of book lice (which is the mould bugs u all talking about), and drove me bonker! Now can hardly find them.

Hi,

Noticed this is an old post however my house has been having the similar problem for quite a while now, for at least 6 months. We tried to catch the bugs every other day through out the entire house but it never works so basically we have given up. I am being bitten up from time to time, my tights and legs have those brown marks. 

Now taking into a more serious thought, because I am planning to have a baby very soon. The question is, if this situation persist. Would it affect the baby during the pregnancy period if the bugs are still around? Because you never know where they are hiding or is truly completely clean up with either of the methods being suggested by all of you above.

Any tips would be helpful. Thank you. 

Edited by Penelope

I can understand which problem you are going through. During pregnancy you need to be very care full by all this pest which you got at your home. This going to affect both of you. My suggestion is to appoint necessary pest control services nearby your area. This is surely help you to get rid of  unwanted pest which you got around.  My sister who stays in Newyork was facing bed bug  problem in their Apartment that was affecting her health like weakness and unwanted allergies. So,she decided to take help from pest control queens ny which provides both  professional and commercial services. Finally she got rid of this unwanted pest.

Hi, I just did a mold treatment removal and repainting service for my masterbed room. Like many of us here, since last year my ceiling started to have dark spots and I ignored it, thinking that it could be dust or dirt.

However, situation got worse, the dark patch on the ceiling grew and there were crawling insects on the walls. Hence I googled and found out that these insects are actually mold mites who are attracted to mold.

Upon reading more on health issues caused by mold, I now understand why my toddler girl cannot recover from her persistent cough and flu. I believe the presence of these mold affected her respiratory system. In fact, I recalled her PD did ask me is there any mold growth at home, but I dismissed it because I do regular cleaning, servicing of aircon and changing of bedsheets every week.

I'm very glad to find Mr Mynul and his team online. They did an excellent job for the mold treatment in my room. My Mynul was prompt in his response and came down to do a free on-site assessment before quoting me a reasonable price. 

He also has very strong knowledge in this area. Initially, I only engaged his service due to mold growing in my ceiling but he politely asked to check my wardrobe and to my horror, mold has thrived inside too, blindspots that we usually do not notice!

In short, I just want to share this possible option of mold treatment because I know there are other families who are affected by it too. You can seriously consider My Mynul and his team to solve your mold issue. You can contact him at 87663598. 

2 hours ago, MCXY said:

Hi, I just did a mold treatment removal and repainting service for my masterbed room. Like many of us here, since last year my ceiling started to have dark spots and I ignored it, thinking that it could be dust or dirt.

However, situation got worse, the dark patch on the ceiling grew and there were crawling insects on the walls. Hence I googled and found out that these insects are actually mold mites who are attracted to mold.

Upon reading more on health issues caused by mold, I now understand why my toddler girl cannot recover from her persistent cough and flu. I believe the presence of these mold affected her respiratory system. In fact, I recalled her PD did ask me is there any mold growth at home, but I dismissed it because I do regular cleaning, servicing of aircon and changing of bedsheets every week.

I'm very glad to find Mr Mynul and his team online. They did an excellent job for the mold treatment in my room. My Mynul was prompt in his response and came down to do a free on-site assessment before quoting me a reasonable price. 

He also has very strong knowledge in this area. Initially, I only engaged his service due to mold growing in my ceiling but he politely asked to check my wardrobe and to my horror, mold has thrived inside too, blindspots that we usually do not notice!

In short, I just want to share this possible option of mold treatment because I know there are other families who are affected by it too. You can seriously consider My Mynul and his team to solve your mold issue. You can contact him at 87663598. 

thanks for sharing.

may i know the cost you spent?