Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marshmallow

Jurong Residents, Gather Here~!

bingo! that's the market opposite my home :yeah: the peppery BKT is quite famous, even my contractors asked if i tried that before :P was just told that the fish soup there is not bad too.

there is a post box next to this market. you can have some excuse to go for BKT when going there to post letter :lol:

there is also one at the Esso station, that's should be the one nearest to you... ;)

there are 2 stall selling BKT at 505 one is the peppery one and one is the craypot style one, soup black black one with you tiao and fish maw...

both also quite nice! :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

agree that Taman Jurong FC is well stocked with cheap and good food..... CKT, ngoh hiang, bbq seafood, BCM, fishhead curry (must try)...

505 market and FC also not bad, prolly the only hawker center in singapore where u have to self serve on kopi, milo, etc.... Go there for duck noodles, bukit timah cai tow kuay (chunky kind), ohhhh and steam chicken served with porridge and yu-sheng! this combo is very nice, and go a few stalls down to buy yew zhar kueh to dip in porridge...... bliss.

I know 303 coffeeshop used to have the stall selling the good chicken curry, same one as the one in Amara Hotel fc... is it still there now after the renovation?

Those of you who turn vegetarian every lunar 1st and 15th day.... can try the vegetarian 'restaurant' at 479.... i find it's one of the best vegetarian in the jurong area.

505 market and FC also not bad, prolly the only hawker center in singapore where u have to self serve on kopi, milo, etc.... Go there for duck noodles, bukit timah cai tow kuay (chunky kind), ohhhh and steam chicken served with porridge and yu-sheng! this combo is very nice, and go a few stalls down to buy yew zhar kueh to dip in porridge...... bliss.

YES! The steamed chicken with porridge for 2 + fried doughsticks ("you tiao") a few stalls down are the usual suspects for my sunday lunch with my fiancee.

Very nice! :P

I'm currently staying at st.42, just opposite blk 505 market / food centre.

next month, i'll be getting my resale unit at st.41; it will be in between the food centre at blk 497 (~250m away!) and blk 505 (~400m away), then I'll have more food choices!! :)

seldom go to Taman Jurong there to eat, cos I also find it quite troublesome to go there (despite me staying in Jurong), unless dad drives la.

usually, we'll go to the food court beside Sheng Siong supermarket.

been to Taman Jurong Food Centre a few times only. same reason: feels a little inaccessible. :|

agree that Taman Jurong FC is well stocked with cheap and good food..... CKT, ngoh hiang, bbq seafood, BCM, fishhead curry (must try)...

I know 303 coffeeshop used to have the stall selling the good chicken curry, same one as the one in Amara Hotel fc... is it still there now after the renovation?

Those of you who turn vegetarian every lunar 1st and 15th day.... can try the vegetarian 'restaurant' at 479.... i find it's one of the best vegetarian in the jurong area.

it took me a while to figure out all the short forms... CKT, BCM... okie now got it liao :lol:

well, you don't need to be a vegetarian to enjoy vegetarian food... can try one of these days :dribble:

you really know a lot of food places in Jurong~ you've been staying here all the while?

YES! The steamed chicken with porridge for 2 + fried doughsticks ("you tiao") a few stalls down are the usual suspects for my sunday lunch with my fiancee.

Very nice! :P

I'm currently staying at st.42, just opposite blk 505 market / food centre.

next month, i'll be getting my resale unit at st.41; it will be in between the food centre at blk 497 (~250m away!) and blk 505 (~400m away), then I'll have more food choices!! :)

seldom go to Taman Jurong there to eat, cos I also find it quite troublesome to go there (despite me staying in Jurong), unless dad drives la.

usually, we'll go to the food court beside Sheng Siong supermarket.

been to Taman Jurong Food Centre a few times only. same reason: feels a little inaccessible. :|

bro you finally reported in liao :)

ya lor that's why my fren said Taman Jurong is like the "oldest yet most unknown part of Jurong". It's funny that the place has been around for so long and yet still pretty unconnected. Best thing is when i asked him what buses he has at his Block 154, he said "only one bus - 154" :lol:

no lah, i am not jurong resident my whole life, just 26 years only. kekkekke

i don't used to frequent the eateries around here at all, till i started working and my friends from all around singapore were telling me how jurong has nice food that THEY always freqeunt, i was like.....errrrrrrrrrrrr... like what huh?

so nowadays i am more well versed with what is available here....

did i mention that the best dessert stall is at 463, a shop near to the center lift lobby? cheng tng there is the besterest, as are the rest of the offerings.

no lah, i am not jurong resident my whole life, just 26 years only. kekkekke

i don't used to frequent the eateries around here at all, till i started working and my friends from all around singapore were telling me how jurong has nice food that THEY always freqeunt, i was like.....errrrrrrrrrrrr... like what huh?

so nowadays i am more well versed with what is available here....

did i mention that the best dessert stall is at 463, a shop near to the center lift lobby? cheng tng there is the besterest, as are the rest of the offerings.

26 yrs very long liao lor... as old as my flat hahaha :lol:

it happens... cos when we go out, we normally go further mah... usually not in our own neighbourhood~ :P

wah must write down the list of food places in notebook and visit one by one.....

hi count me in i juz shifted to jurong east st 24. juz beside wet market :D . The input from wifey 25x wet market is expensive!! and was recommended to go jurong west 49x or 50x. so have to check out there

dunno abt the pre-reno stall, but there is a chicken curry stall in the new coffeeshop. hv tried the chicken curry...nothing fantastic in my opinion. bt it seems they're more popular for their fish head curry.

bro you finally reported in liao :)

ya lor that's why my fren said Taman Jurong is like the "oldest yet most unknown part of Jurong". It's funny that the place has been around for so long and yet still pretty unconnected. Best thing is when i asked him what buses he has at his Block 154, he said "only one bus - 154" :lol:

LOL...

I got classes on Mon, Tue, Wed nights... when I'm home ... it's already 10+pm... usually... I just read some of the posts... no time and energy to post... i didn't even update my t-blog lor... LOL...

coz I like to write long entries... wahahaha... but takes quite some time to organize my thoughts... :P

I've been staying in Jurong West for at least 22-23 yrs too... but I'm not exactly that familiar with the area...

sec 1 to JC2, i spent most of my time in sch.. at bukit timah...

NS, i spent 2.5 yrs at changi

Uni, i stayed in campus for 4 yrs...

now working, i have my 3 meals in town... and usually i get home... it's 10+pm... LOL...

and weekends, I'm usually out... somewhere... :P

LOL...

I got classes on Mon, Tue, Wed nights... when I'm home ... it's already 10+pm... usually... I just read some of the posts... no time and energy to post... i didn't even update my t-blog lor... LOL...

coz I like to write long entries... wahahaha... but takes quite some time to organize my thoughts... :P

I've been staying in Jurong West for at least 22-23 yrs too... but I'm not exactly that familiar with the area...

sec 1 to JC2, i spent most of my time in sch.. at bukit timah...

NS, i spent 2.5 yrs at changi

Uni, i stayed in campus for 4 yrs...

now working, i have my 3 meals in town... and usually i get home... it's 10+pm... LOL...

and weekends, I'm usually out... somewhere... :P

that's precisely what i meant... we actually spend most of the time away from home... it's ironic that many of us are more familiar with places other than our own neighbourhood :P

you also spent Sec 1 to JC 2 at Bukit Timah? I think very likely you're from my "brother" school :lol:

hi count me in i juz shifted to jurong east st 24. juz beside wet market :D . The input from wifey 25x wet market is expensive!! and was recommended to go jurong west 49x or 50x. so have to check out there

if go to 49x or 50x, maybe you can try bukit batok... not kidding here but Bt Batok is actually nearer to St 24 than what many of us think~

my hubby used to rent a room at St 24. his landlady goes to Bukit Batok market everyday... she said things are cheaper there ;) (as compared to the 25x market la )

dunno abt the pre-reno stall, but there is a chicken curry stall in the new coffeeshop. hv tried the chicken curry...nothing fantastic in my opinion. bt it seems they're more popular for their fish head curry.

bro have you found the post box at Esso station? :lol:

if go to 49x or 50x, maybe you can try bukit batok... not kidding here but Bt Batok is actually nearer to St 24 than what many of us think~

my hubby used to rent a room at St 24. his landlady goes to Bukit Batok market everyday... she said things are cheaper there ;) (as compared to the 25x market la )

bro have you found the post box at Esso station? :lol:

ya, i also think bt batok might be nearer to St 24 than say, St 51. turn out to Jurong Town Hall, go straight down towards Bt Batok Road, 1st right turn is Bt Batok West Ave 8 liao.

yes, found the postbox liao. tks.

ya, i also think bt batok might be nearer to St 24 than say, St 51. turn out to Jurong Town Hall, go straight down towards Bt Batok Road, 1st right turn is Bt Batok West Ave 8 liao.

yes, found the postbox liao. tks.

hubby's landlady used to cycle to that market. Sorry dunno where is it exactly but shouldn't be too far if an 60+ yr old auntie can cycle there :lol:

btw, waw the big white tentage next to Jurong East MRT? that's what they're for :lol:

Remarking Our Heartland - Our Jurong Lake Story

Exhibition:

22 Jan 2011: 5pm ~ 9pm

23~26 Jan 2011: 10am ~ 9pm

http://heartland.hdb.gov.sg/index.html

i already identified which veggie stall is cheaper in the market opp my block (Ave 1 market)... that lady really over-charged me by a lot :curse:

which is the cheaper stall? i nd to buy veggie ltr today. cooking dinner for my frens today...

which is the cheaper stall? i nd to buy veggie ltr today. cooking dinner for my frens today...

Oops didn't read RT until today... hahahaha :lol:

the cheaper veggie stall is the one manned by an old couple... the skinny uncle is very friendly :)