Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
superchrisho

Our First Home

img0763uv.jpg

a little concerned if ur timber strips here will cause warping as it is near the toilet area....also the walls sealed up at the original bathroom may develop hairline cracks after some time post-handover.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
img0614by.jpg

Piping seemed to be a problem. Originally we had thought of making a connecting door to the master bedroom, but due to the pipe, we couldn't figure out where to put the sink.

The vent pipe would later be cut off

So didn you still manage to have a connecting door to master rm?

We have a little tiny bi-fold that serves us well :)

img0724a.jpg

Our toilet bowl, shower screen and toilet door installed. Shower screen is a 3 fold, and toilet door is white bi-fold.

This shower screen is brilliant.

For air con, our compressor is a 27k BTU.

Fancoils:

2x 9k BTU

1x 18k BTU (Living room)

Tested the living room one... very nice! Can effectively cool all the way to the kitchen in less than 20mins!

Somemore panasonic give $200 NTUC voucher.

Our total was $3279.00

Can say it is $3079 coz of the NTUC $200 vouchers rebate.

wow, large btu to cool trhe whole hall/ kitchen. :)

curious to know what makes you choose panasonic?

All is looking well thus far :)

May i ask for your electrician's contact please? can pm me?

thanks thanks.

a little concerned if ur timber strips here will cause warping as it is near the toilet area....also the walls sealed up at the original bathroom may develop hairline cracks after some time post-handover.

I think the flooring will be fine. We were well aware that we're taking unconventional steps to put laminates in the kitchen but I think it's coz Inovar uses hardwood and their expansion due to water is only a small percentage, we're actually looking forward to see if there is any warpage.(then can complain to David!! muahahaha) But so far everything is much better than expected. Some more last few days rain, I forgot to close the windows, water came in, I didn't notice it until quite a while later... the floor all wet. Just wipe and it's fine. =)

As for the sealed up wall... dunno... we hope no hairline crack comes, but then we never know. Our hacker put a pretty thick layer of plaster for the kitchen walls, and if hairline cracks develop, it should still be ok coz that's the place where we will be putting the fridge. :D

So didn you still manage to have a connecting door to master rm?

We have a little tiny bi-fold that serves us well :)

This shower screen is brilliant.

wow, large btu to cool trhe whole hall/ kitchen. :)

curious to know what makes you choose panasonic?

All is looking well thus far :)

May i ask for your electrician's contact please? can pm me?

thanks thanks.

Ya lor... no connecting to mbedroom. But better also lah now on retrospect. Our shower area is BIG! haha Make me feel a little lonely in there.

Yup, we loving the shower screen too.

As for AC, we choose panasonic coz it's just one of the more eco driven companies. Every other AC also has inverter, but panasonic has other eco advantages like the patrol system, heat sensor system... I thought it's very smart of the company to have the AC know where to direct cool air to and that makes it one step up from other brands. Also panasonic was having offer lor... got $200 NTUC voucher. haha

I think the flooring will be fine. We were well aware that we're taking unconventional steps to put laminates in the kitchen but I think it's coz Inovar uses hardwood and their expansion due to water is only a small percentage, we're actually looking forward to see if there is any warpage.(then can complain to David!! muahahaha) But so far everything is much better than expected. Some more last few days rain, I forgot to close the windows, water came in, I didn't notice it until quite a while later... the floor all wet. Just wipe and it's fine. =)

As for the sealed up wall... dunno... we hope no hairline crack comes, but then we never know. Our hacker put a pretty thick layer of plaster for the kitchen walls, and if hairline cracks develop, it should still be ok coz that's the place where we will be putting the fridge. :D

do u have a written confirmation from the laminate supplier that they would honour warranty even if laminate is installed in kitchen?

i was told by supreme n pergo that no warranty if we want laminate in those area...

hi neubie, how do we prevent the hairline cracks from developing?

honestly, not possible to prevent hairline cracks due to shrinkage when cement dries.

do u have a written confirmation from the laminate supplier that they would honour warranty even if laminate is installed in kitchen?

i was told by supreme n pergo that no warranty if we want laminate in those area...

No such thing as if put in kitchen then warranty not covered for inovar. Lifetime direct factory coverage against fading and scratches. No laminate company gives warranty against warping or swelling.

Anyways, supreme gets it's board from pergo I believe. Inovar used to supply to pergo but due to some conflicts, no more now.

Don't think it's possible to prevent hairline cracks coz a piece of wall must expand and contract wan... so over time should get some wrinkles. Good mah.... got character like that! haha

Some photos taken tonight

img0773k.jpg

img0774qb.jpg

Our magical mirror counter

img0784wr.jpg

opens through to other side for both side access since it is quite deep.

img0785v.jpg

Corner problem solved with access from other side.

img0783fs.jpg

Solid top from Ikea. Very nice! Got our carpenter to cut, sand and oil it.

Our doors cost a total of $1035. Custom made with doggie door and another one with glass side. Inclusive also of 3 door locks and one main door lock.

img0778nc.jpg

img0792v.jpg

Edited by superchrisho