Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
st96

Hdb Resale Ea Unit At Kang Ching Road

yup...and still haven include electrical cost yet...

its quite usual not to incl electrical, isn't it?

mine also so expensive, and i think my ID also earn abt 20% more than if i choose contractor. :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Electrical cost is another bulk expense. Checking around you will notice electrical price can vary alot.

I did not engage my id's electrician as the charges is higher. More details will be updated in my tblog which i have just created. So far, the electrician i have engaged externally is ok whom i feel is worth recommending.

Trying out the "FloorPlanner", it is still very raw - long way to master it.

3rdDesign.jpg

Edited by st96

Trying out the "FloorPlanner", it is still very raw - long way to master it.

1st_Design.jpg

WAH!!

5 bedrooms!!! Zai...

told you, your EA much bigger than mine liao... LOL...

I can't even squeeze 4 bedrooms out of it. :P

anyway, not too sure if this plan is realistic or not.

must check minimal comfortable walking clearance (at least 60cm wide; 90cm will be better).

and like some forummers mentioned, there might big some waste pipes, beams, etc... which can get in the way.

BUT... if this is really possible, then really :good: leh.. :)

Looks like a long walk bringing the cooked dishes and soup from the kitchen to the dining table eh? Is there a need for 5 bedrooms? The study room looks more promising as a dining room in terms of walking distance. I'd hate to forget the chilli sauce....

Edited by rickoveron

Looks like a long walk bringing the cooked dishes and soup from the kitchen to the dining table eh? Is there a need for 5 bedrooms? The study room looks more promising as a dining room in terms of walking distance. I'd hate to forget the chilli sauce....

can shout and get everyone for dinner as u walked there... :P

its quite usual not to incl electrical, isn't it?

mine also so expensive, and i think my ID also earn abt 20% more than if i choose contractor. :(

is it???cos this is my 1st quotation received from ID so not sure...my thought is that ID bao everything mah...so must quote me everything lo...if not i don't need ID to be project magr, i can be le...

is it???cos this is my 1st quotation received from ID so not sure...my thought is that ID bao everything mah...so must quote me everything lo...if not i don't need ID to be project magr, i can be le...

They bau everything but electrical will be calculated separately depending on how many lighting points or power points you want. So 1st quote won't know that.

Thank you for all these feedback!

<minimal comfortable walking clearance (at least 60cm wide; 90cm will be better)> - shall take note of this.

<long walking distance betw kitchen & dining area> - noted.

<need five bedrooms> - Yes, converting the studyroom to "maid room cum storeroom".

Need to utilise the space fully becos of the size of my family (2+2+1+1+1) = 7 (seven adults in total)

My mother-in-law and my wife, both want to keep so many items from my existing home. Sigh!

Thank you for all these feedback!

<minimal comfortable walking clearance (at least 60cm wide; 90cm will be better)> - shall take note of this.

<long walking distance betw kitchen & dining area> - noted.

<need five bedrooms> - Yes, converting the studyroom to "maid room cum storeroom".

Need to utilise the space fully becos of the size of my family (2+2+1+1+1) = 7 (seven adults in total)

My mother-in-law and my wife, both want to keep so many items from my existing home. Sigh!

My advice of minimal 60cm, is from some of the IDs I've met.

currently, my home using the 30cm x 30cm ceramic tiles... so i just looking at it as reference...

60cm (abt 2 tiles-width) barely enough for a slim-built person to walk thru (normally; not crab-walking or wat)...

if the person is of bigger built, or carrying something, or the pathway is flanked by wall and maybe full height cabinets, then 60cm is very cramped...

90cm - 100cm (abt 3 tiles-width), would be preferred.

note: my current bedroom tile is 30cm x 30cm kind... not the big 60cm x 60cm kind.

But you would know your own lifestyle and needs better.

So better get a measuring tape... and see for yourself 90cm... is exactly how wide.... etc... and whether will it be claustrophobic for the occupants.

wa! i like ur studyroom, living room and balcony stretch!

imagine if u whack the study room, and have balcony combined... a super duper big common space! =)

Congrats!!

My 5room is 132 or 135sqm i cant remember, and i whack a couple of walls etc. reno comes to about $37K. can try him out =)

4th_Design.jpg

This is another alternative of space planning.

Welcome any good suggestion.

Totally dig your balcony area at the MBR. It is unique. Can do chill out corner..lol

If you are looking for contractors and not ID, maybe I can help. As I did my recent place with separate contractors.

Feel free to ask for advise. you need alot of them. ;)

or you can email me at lynd3ralla@yahoo.com

Hi there... interesting layout you have. Large space but 7 adults living there... this requires some really smart space planning! The first layout would only work on paper only, try to tape the areas out on the floor and you'd know what I mean. The second layout is better I think.

I see that there are only 2 bathrooms. This could be a problem. If privacy is not top priority, perhaps you may want to share the MBR bathroom with the adjoining room. Put an extra door there or something. I think it would improve the bathroom situation.

Depending on how much hacking you want to do, I think the 2 bedrooms opp the kitchen could be equal sized. You just need to treat the structural supports as part of the wardrobe.

You could also make the side of the kitchen that faces the dining room open, so that the dining area feels more spacious.

Anyway, you should start to persuade your family members to throw things away now... really. We all have more things than we really need and it feels good to let them go. Plus, it makes moving a LOT simpler.

All the best on your reno!

Edited by january

Hi January,

Yes, we prefer second layout too.

My daughters already request to do this "extra door" to share our MBR Bathroom.

I also like the open concept betw kitchen & dining area.

Thank you!

Sunny