Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
idealistic

Unforgettable ~~

LOL, grille or not depends on your needs and who is staying there.

Talking about windows, we engage other contractor to do. There is a minor dispute here. While we conclude to change whole house window and grille, the hacking and disposal are still under progress. The id needs to know as the next stage will involve tiling works. After we inform the id about our decision, the grilles are removed immediately on the very day. And based on phone conversation, he will remove and will place the grilles aside. Since he mentioned that, we did not make further confirmation. However, the whole house grilles are gone and out of sight.

Question is why are the grilles "disposed" off and not only the kitchen grilles (the only place which will affect tiling), but all grilles in the house.

Hacking is not completed at the point in time and not a single tile is up. The pace of removing and disposing the grilles are really too quick to believe. When we queried on the very night, he claimed he did not say will leave it aside and he will always ask his worker to dispose all "rubbish" (and this time no charge for that disposal ya..). Joking part is till the end of reno, an old study chair left by ex-owner is there throughout and in the end, we are the ones to dispose it away. :o

One word said by him -- miscommunication.

Since we have engaged a window contractor, they will definitely be responsible for removing and disposing the grilles before installing new ones. At least, the window contractor did not increase the price he has quoted after the loss for trade-in, so issue closed.

Lesson Learnt: Label everything you want to keep or pen it down in writing.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

WARNING!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY -> 24hr Family Plumber

I had my worst plumbing experenice with '24hr Family Plumber' (their website "http://24hrfamilyplumber.com")

They provide a lousy service and they are totally irresponsible when they damage your stuff and all they want is your $$$!

They came to my place and replaced the toilet outlet as it was leaking, and I was charged $180 for it. Though a bit steep but I thought as long as long as it solve my problem and provide a good service, money might be worth spending. After the replacement I still noticed the leaking and requested for them to come back to fix it. That is where the nightmare starts.

I had problem getting a schedule from the plumber to come to my place, each time i called the operator will tell me "I'll call you back" and

guess what...they NEVER call back. I had to pester them more than 5 times before they agreed to come back to look at the problem. On the second visit they finanlly fix the leaking but then I notice the previously working inlet is damaged, water is flowing in non stop!! They are the only one that had touched the toilet system, obviously they had damaged it. I frantically tried to reach them and each time I get the same reply: "I'll call you back" and they NEVER call back. After many attempts to reach them, a lady finally replied and insist that I had to pay another sum of $$$ to get the inlet repair. I was stunned as it was very obvious they had damaged my inlet and now I have to pay again?? This saga when on and on for a week and my toilet never get repaired.

I can't believe they are such irresponsible plumber out they. Please do not use them!!

I had my worst plumbing experenice with '24hr Family Plumber' (their website "http://24hrfamilyplumber.com")

They provide a lousy service and they are totally irresponsible when they damage your stuff and all they want is your $$$!

They came to my place and replaced the toilet outlet as it was leaking, and I was charged $180 for it. Though a bit steep but I thought as long as long as it solve my problem and provide a good service, money might be worth spending. After the replacement I still noticed the leaking and requested for them to come back to fix it. That is where the nightmare starts.

I had problem getting a schedule from the plumber to come to my place, each time i called the operator will tell me "I'll call you back" and

guess what...they NEVER call back. I had to pester them more than 5 times before they agreed to come back to look at the problem. On the second visit they finanlly fix the leaking but then I notice the previously working inlet is damaged, water is flowing in non stop!! They are the only one that had touched the toilet system, obviously they had damaged it. I frantically tried to reach them and each time I get the same reply: "I'll call you back" and they NEVER call back. After many attempts to reach them, a lady finally replied and insist that I had to pay another sum of $$$ to get the inlet repair. I was stunned as it was very obvious they had damaged my inlet and now I have to pay again?? This saga when on and on for a week and my toilet never get repaired.

I can't believe they are such irresponsible plumber out they. Please do not use them!!

sorry to hear abt ur nightmare... i have bad experiences with other plumber companies...

1st incident at my rented place. my water inlet to WC is leaking.... they came and reparied, and said that need to change this and that... Quoted me $100. i said too exp, i'll find other ppl do it. then he said must pay $40 for service. WTF... i asked the security guard took him away...

2nd incident at my parent's place. plumber quoted $50 for a repair of choking WC. after work completed, he demanded for $200 because he said he helped to repair other parts as well. my mother didnt want to pay, and that f**ker just sat on our living room floor like a 3 years old kid didnt want to leave the place. we called security, and he argued back that his boss instructed him to stay at the customer's place until he gets the $$$. how freaking barbaric these plumbers....

we get these plumbers contacts from chinese newspapers.... after all these incidents, we have enough... now we only use town council website advertised plumbers. at least anything goes wrong, we will report to town council...

hmmmm... i think they can sell it to garang guni bah.... hahaha

definitely of monetary value, it's aluminium.

1st: "dispose" window aircon on first day (when plenty of debris uncleared)

2nd: charge $250 for clearing of debris (when contract stated is foc)

3rd: "dispose" all window grilles (when tiling has not started and bear in mind that other grilles do not hinder the reno. Only kitchen grille need to be removed for tiling work. And moreover the windows are done by another contractor)

Below is the old chair mentioned earlier which is there even till carpentry work. And by commited to clear all debris, i do not understand why the chair is not disposed. It's a joke over the last 2 months. Maybe i should charge my contractor for helping him to dispose the chair eh

5439178562_9f7a61d080.jpg

If house owner had similar encounter & need plumber, always called for those licensed plumbers from Town Council. Their charges are reasonable, I think I paid $18 to clear the choke for my sink.

wow, can feel your frustration and anger.

Maybe he thought you want that chair?? Or maybe that is the chair he need to sit on to monitor the workers doing work?

The chair is very rotten. One look and you will know how rotten it is and nobody will want it. If i want, i will cover and label it. He is fully aware as during tiling work i have highlighted "Why so funny, how come the chair is still here?" and he replied they will throw away. Hacking alone is full of dust and the chair is already beyond usage. HAHA, ya, well..more like maybe we need to sit to monitor the workers rather than he monitor :P

Lesson Learnt in tiling stage: Esp for those taking package, confirm with your contractor how much they can buffer. Often, they will tell you if the price difference for the tile you have chosen is minimal like 20 - 30 cents psf, they will not charge you. Do not accept this, have a firm cut off point and write down in black and white.

When tiling is about to start, he informed us that we need to top-up the difference for foyer and masterbedroom bathroom wall tiles only. We accept it and confirm with him that no top-up needed for the rest of the tiles.

But... towards the end of tiling work, he slammed more top-up on us. In short, we top-up additional for

- foyer

- mbr bathroom wall tiles

- common bathroom wall tiles

- living room

We understand we need to top-up for the tiles which he conveyed to us during our meetup. However, never expect to have another round of additional top-up after earlier agreement on tiles. :furious: Reason being due to his miscalculation.

Edited by idealistic

Share another funny story in tiling:

He promised that 2 tilers will be in-charged for our house.

First week of tiling gone and we have only see 1 worker everytime when we are there.

Qns: Thought there are 2 tilers?

Reply: Another tiler will come during floor tiling

Floor tiling started and still the same

Reply: At least 1 worker will be in the house all the time

One day, no sight of worker

Reply: Dun question his way of organizing his workers

Of cos, bottom line is so long as everything is on schedule it's fine. If in the first place he did not give the false promise, we won't have question loz.

All these queries can be avoided if he tells us truthfully that only managed to book 1 tiler due to peak season.

Something commendable is that his tiler provided to us has the rightful skill. Thumb up for Mr Ah Lam :good: 1 good worker is enough.

Have been thinking whether to install this retractable clothes hanger.

Anyone use this? Is this durable and effortless to use? If lotsa strength required (w/o remote control type), then it serves no difference from bamboo poles

5444859090_eb6e9877a2_m.jpg

Have been thinking whether to install this retractable clothes hanger.

Anyone use this? Is this durable and effortless to use? If lotsa strength required (w/o remote control type), then it serves no difference from bamboo poles

5444859090_eb6e9877a2_m.jpg

hhmm... looks nicer than bamboo poles?? :)