Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kewlboi

Phillips Living Colour

Hi anyone using phillip living colours? It's a kind of table/floor lamp which can make the wall of your room to many different colours.Saw it at lighting.com.sg.any feedback? Thanks. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi anyone using phillip living colours? It's a kind of table/floor lamp which can make the wall of your room to many different colours.Saw it at lighting.com.sg.any feedback? Thanks. :)

I am using it and its fantastic - very nice and fun, but not bright enough to be proper lighting. It is strictly for romantic\mood lighting. You are supposed to be able to link upto 6 sets together and use from the same remote, so presumably you can get it to be brighter.

I bought it a year and a half ago, so please note that there might be a newer model now.

it is uber cool. i gt one at the last Philips Carnival. Since then, they've come out wif a new design for the exterior.

but i still like the smoked black casing that i hv. blends in well with my decor. nw waiting for this year's Philips carnival to buy at least 1 more and link it up wif the current one.

it is uber cool. i gt one at the last Philips Carnival. Since then, they've come out wif a new design for the exterior.

but i still like the smoked black casing that i hv. blends in well with my decor. nw waiting for this year's Philips carnival to buy at least 1 more and link it up wif the current one.

cool.how much u u get it during phillip carnival.Retail price aroun $238 for the normal and $108 for mini living colour.u heard about jelllyfish like something like living colour.

cool.how much u u get it during phillip carnival.Retail price aroun $238 for the normal and $108 for mini living colour.u heard about jelllyfish like something like living colour.

Was abt $170 I think during the Carnival.

Jellyfish is the Taiwan one? Wif the Red Dot Design award? if it is, den sorry, i'm not impressed. i saw the video, the brightness adjustment didn't look very functional to me. didn't look like there was any noticeable change in the brightness when the guy was stroking the control panel wif his finger. And it appears he has to continually stroke to go thru the full range of brightness levels, as in, slide finger up, remove finger, start at bottom again, slide upwards again. repeat accordingly to go thru the full range of brightness levels.

also for change of colour, the control panel shows the full range of colours available, regardless of the colour chosen. so while the whole lamp is say for eg. red, you will still see green, blue, yellow, etc on the control panel.

Philips LivingColours has a wireless remote whr u press and hold the "+" or "-" button to adjust the brightness, and has a ring depicting the colours available and u just touch the colour tt u want. the lamp will change to tt colour and u can adjust to a different shade of tt colour by adjusting the intensity.

Was abt $170 I think during the Carnival.

Jellyfish is the Taiwan one? Wif the Red Dot Design award? if it is, den sorry, i'm not impressed. i saw the video, the brightness adjustment didn't look very functional to me. didn't look like there was any noticeable change in the brightness when the guy was stroking the control panel wif his finger. And it appears he has to continually stroke to go thru the full range of brightness levels, as in, slide finger up, remove finger, start at bottom again, slide upwards again. repeat accordingly to go thru the full range of brightness levels.

also for change of colour, the control panel shows the full range of colours available, regardless of the colour chosen. so while the whole lamp is say for eg. red, you will still see green, blue, yellow, etc on the control panel.

Philips LivingColours has a wireless remote whr u press and hold the "+" or "-" button to adjust the brightness, and has a ring depicting the colours available and u just touch the colour tt u want. the lamp will change to tt colour and u can adjust to a different shade of tt colour by adjusting the intensity.

thanks so much for the info.I appreaciate it.agree with u Philip living colour delivers a better function than the jellyfish one..the jellyfish one don't sere any function,it's only give the light source below the lamp which only makes partial of the floor to be colour unlike living colour which make the room walls to be specatular.thanks.

Phillips living colors was very popular in 2008 (it was launch in 2007)..swept across Europe with it's color changing mood LED light.

Somehow, their popularity seems to have faded over time. I wonder why?

Phillips living colors was very popular in 2008 (it was launch in 2007)..swept across Europe with it's color changing mood LED light.

Somehow, their popularity seems to have faded over time. I wonder why?

nice discussion here.

im using philips mini & its gd if you need it to point to the wall.

but the bulb is pointing upwards which may blind childrens eyes when they stare at it.

in europe they have wall mount fittings which u cn fix on d wall to prevent children from touching as well.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/living-ambiance...CONSUMER%3Dtrue

they also have "table lamp" one with lamp shade http://www.philips.co.uk/c/living-ambiance...CONSUMER%3Dtrue

im thinking of switching to Jellyfish as its pointing downwards & more kids save.

also its gd consideration if they are alot cheaper than Philips. Philips is $200+ RRP.

im trying to get jellyfish under $150 if we achieve more units via group buy.

Join the group buy list on the following thread if you guys are interested.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37735

once i gt my Jellyfish im selling off my philips black mini $80 which i got 1yr ago ard $168.00

Edited by ejzoen

Thanks for the reply guys,i really would like to use it in my room,it's best to use it in the corner or part of the wall.Not really keen on the jellyfish..doesn't serve any purpose cos the light is shining downwards.Hope the price would drop..lol

Thanks for the reply guys,i really would like to use it in my room,it's best to use it in the corner or part of the wall.Not really keen on the jellyfish..doesn't serve any purpose cos the light is shining downwards.Hope the price would drop..lol

if you dont have kids you can put on d floor & point it to the wall. if you do, then leave on the shelf away from kids.

i would prob recommend you to take the large Phillips [but more ex$], not the mini,

cos the mini's brightness is miserable.

also, if you turn on d lamp, you can consider to draw ur curtains,

cos outside light also makes d color less obvious.

its very gd in pitch black environment.

i'll try to get a jellyfish sample so that i cn have it side by side with philips for comparison.

my sis interested in it & she's going taiwan next weekend. Lets hope we can get 1-2 pcs back.

Edited by ejzoen

in order to extract the most out of any product, the product shld be used for its intended purpose and within its design parameters.

the Philips LivingColours Mini was intended to be used like a table lamp while the larger LivingColours was meant to be placed on the floor, to be used for mood lighting.

used in a dark room, the larger LivingColours will adequately illuminate the whole bedroom when and if placed on the floor and directed at a smooth wall. the lighter the colour of the wall, the brighter will be the illumination of the room. ideal wall colour would be white so as to achieve the brightest illumination, and as well as the most accurate colour reproduction according to the colour chosen using the remote. a different coloured wall may interfere with the colour chosen and hence, the illuminated colour may be slightly off.

the Mini however, was designed to act like a bedside table lamp. and hence, its brightness is not at a level that's high enough to be meant to illuminate a whole bedroom sufficiently to allow people in the room to see everything clearly.

however, if one wants to use the Mini to illuminate a whole bedroom, then 1 trick is to place it on a high enough shelf and point it directly to the ceiling. by reflecting the light against the ceiling, the brightness of the Mini would appear higher and more of the bedroom would be illuminated, though it would still not be equivalent to that which is capable by the larger LivingColours.

the Jellyfish, design-wise, appears to be in a shape that may be more of a talking point than the LivingColours would. but because the light is directed downwards, if the intention is to illuminate a whole bedroom, i would think a light-coloured, reflective floor would be needed. but until a user can give an objective evaluation or do a direct side-by-side comparison, we won't be able to say for sure which is brighter or better.

indeed, even if one is brighter than the other, it is still very much down to an individual preference and choice.

in order to extract the most out of any product, the product shld be used for its intended purpose and within its design parameters.

the Philips LivingColours Mini was intended to be used like a table lamp while the larger LivingColours was meant to be placed on the floor, to be used for mood lighting.

used in a dark room, the larger LivingColours will adequately illuminate the whole bedroom when and if placed on the floor and directed at a smooth wall. the lighter the colour of the wall, the brighter will be the illumination of the room. ideal wall colour would be white so as to achieve the brightest illumination, and as well as the most accurate colour reproduction according to the colour chosen using the remote. a different coloured wall may interfere with the colour chosen and hence, the illuminated colour may be slightly off.

the Mini however, was designed to act like a bedside table lamp. and hence, its brightness is not at a level that's high enough to be meant to illuminate a whole bedroom sufficiently to allow people in the room to see everything clearly.

however, if one wants to use the Mini to illuminate a whole bedroom, then 1 trick is to place it on a high enough shelf and point it directly to the ceiling. by reflecting the light against the ceiling, the brightness of the Mini would appear higher and more of the bedroom would be illuminated, though it would still not be equivalent to that which is capable by the larger LivingColours.

the Jellyfish, design-wise, appears to be in a shape that may be more of a talking point than the LivingColours would. but because the light is directed downwards, if the intention is to illuminate a whole bedroom, i would think a light-coloured, reflective floor would be needed. but until a user can give an objective evaluation or do a direct side-by-side comparison, we won't be able to say for sure which is brighter or better.

indeed, even if one is brighter than the other, it is still very much down to an individual preference and choice.

well said dude...i totally agree..a large philip living colour will do the job :]

I got the Jellyfish! & i had tested against Philips MINI, the Jellyfish looks very neat, but light is not as bright cos its pointing downwards. if i turn it over its brighter than MINI. but it doesn't work that way. So i had place it on a white shiny surface so that i can bounce off light, & its almost the same a MINI.

overall i thk MINI is still better & cheap. Jellyfish **** cool but is as gd as a table lamp only.