Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nayli07

Need Advice On Overlaying Floor/wall Toilet Tiles

Hi all,  

I am doing overlaying for my 2 toilets and the contractor quote me at the price of $9500. Is it expensive for an overlaying job? Below are the details of what will be done to my toilet.

1. Overlay of wall tiles/floor tiles for 2 toilets.

2. 2 sets of matrix toilet bowl & basin.

3. 2 sets of instant water heater.

4. 2 sets of aluminium shower screen sliding doors.

5. Hack existing vanity top/sink in master room.

6. Dismantle existing shower screen sliding door in common toilet.

7. Disposal charges inclusive.

8. Copper pipe replacement inclusive.

--------------END----------------

Any expert or anyone who knows can advice on the price issue. Is it too expensive or its around the average price.

*Tiles they giving is the middle rage type.

Thks all.. ('',)  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,  

I am doing overlaying for my 2 toilets and the contractor quote me at the price of $9500. Is it expensive for an overlaying job? Below are the details of what will be done to my toilet.

1. Overlay of wall tiles/floor tiles for 2 toilets.

2. 2 sets of matrix toilet bowl & basin.

3. 2 sets of instant water heater.

4. 2 sets of aluminium shower screen sliding doors.

5. Hack existing vanity top/sink in master room.

6. Dismantle existing shower screen sliding door in common toilet.

7. Disposal charges inclusive.

8. Copper pipe replacement inclusive.

--------------END----------------

Any expert or anyone who knows can advice on the price issue. Is it too expensive or its around the average price.

*Tiles they giving is the middle rage type.

Thks all.. ('',)  

Your price should include all new materials i.e wall tiles, floor tiles, shower screen, toilet bowl x 2, basin x 2, vanity top etc. If not it is way too expensive!

Hi Martin,

Yes, the price includes all the above mention things only no vanity top. 

For each toilet itslf he quote me @$4000 (new floor & wall tiles) . Plus new toilet bowl, basin, shower screen, water heater and installation. Total up to $9500. Do u think its still expensive? Do u know what is the average price? After hacking the vanity i hv no more vanity top and i still hv to buy a bathroom cabinet and that will cost me another few hundred. :(

Actually i have already pay him the deposit but in the agreement says i cant cancel the contract 'if'' the order have been made. But i will only go and choose the tiles after chinese new year. Meaning that i have not make any order yet. Therefore i am having doubts abt the pricing he quote me. I think its way too expensive. If he wants to chop me by few hundred thn maybe its way of bisness but if its more thn thousands thn i think i better make my decision Fast!!.. :'(((( 

Hi Martin,

Yes, the price includes all the above mention things only no vanity top. 

For each toilet itslf he quote me @$4000 (new floor & wall tiles) . Plus new toilet bowl, basin, shower screen, water heater and installation. Total up to $9500. Do u think its still expensive? Do u know what is the average price? After hacking the vanity i hv no more vanity top and i still hv to buy a bathroom cabinet and that will cost me another few hundred. :(

Actually i have already pay him the deposit but in the agreement says i cant cancel the contract 'if'' the order have been made. But i will only go and choose the tiles after chinese new year. Meaning that i have not make any order yet. Therefore i am having doubts abt the pricing he quote me. I think its way too expensive. If he wants to chop me by few hundred thn maybe its way of bisness but if its more thn thousands thn i think i better make my decision Fast!!.. :'(((( 

IMO if you are talking about HDB toilet, $4000 for new floor and wall tiles for each of the toilet is expensive. The price range I got within 1 month ago is average $2100 for new floor and wall tiles for each toilet. 4 ID quoted me floor and wall tiles at $3/ft2. Based on your quote your floor and wall tiles is around $6/ft2!!! Maybe you are given designer tiles (special texture and colour) which are at higher price. Sorry I got no experience on designer tiles so I dunno what is their street price.

Abt the price of the tiles i dun think they give me the high end ones. But as i can recalled he said i can choose the tiles with price not exceeding $2.50 each. I think i better ask him more abt the price of the tiles.. But still i need more advise and opinion.

Really needed help.. :'((

Each item can vary ALOT depending on quality and cost. Ask what model of sink and toilet bowl he is providing, as well as the model of the instant heater and shower set.

Toilet bowl alone can cost from $100+++ to over $500 so it is hard to say that the quote is really expensive.

wow..only $2.50 psf tiles? thats defintely not a good deal...personally i think the overall price is ok, if the tiles hit say $3.50- $3.80... give and take a little. the sanitary ware also plays a big part, and i doubt u'll get $500 basins.. but long as the basins look pretty.. i would think u're assured u're not getting ripped off...(my benchmark is that if they look "pretty".."designer"..then these wouldnt be the $50-100 per piece type...)

end of the day, if u're happy he can do a good job, then dun fret about it..just go with it mate..:)..

cheers..

m.

Abt the price of the tiles i dun think they give me the high end ones. But as i can recalled he said i can choose the tiles with price not exceeding $2.50 each. I think i better ask him more abt the price of the tiles.. But still i need more advise and opinion.

Really needed help.. :'((

Hi shicHiro,

Thks for the advised (",) and iyea i will ask him on the brands n the priceS for each of the item he's giving me. Coz the prob is the agreement invoice he gave me dun hv the brand n prices breakdown. What i got is a very strait forward invoice which only include the job to be done n the total amount. Therefore i am very confuse as i dun hv a clearer picture. I was just thinking that this contractor somehow tot that i dun know much n quoted me with higher pricing. He will for sure b a little suprised of why all the suddent this lady became a little smarter.. Hahahaa.. ^_^

Hi gwumpkus,

Thks for giving me some positive tots :D i know the most important thing is the job done must be good n im happy with it..

But again like i said on my earlier post if he wants to chop me with few hundred dollars i can still close not only one but with both eyes hehee.. But if it reaches to thousand of dollar thn i think i better run far far away..

Each item can vary ALOT depending on quality and cost. Ask what model of sink and toilet bowl he is providing, as well as the model of the instant heater and shower set.

Toilet bowl alone can cost from $100+++ to over $500 so it is hard to say that the quote is really expensive.

Floor n wall tiles at $3/ft2 is about $4500 for both toilets. WC n basin both the most will cost u $500.

Water heater good brand about $500 for both. Shower screen for both toilet cost u about 1500. Hacking + Haulage fee about $600. Repiping to SS about $600 for both. Balance $1300. All the above based on the quotation i received from 4 ID less than 1 mth ago.

Edited by martin1023

Ask him for detailed quotation. This is standard requirement for renovation. IMO you shoud have at least the following breakdown:

Demolish works

1) Removal of Vanity Top / Sink in MBR toilet - $? (Normally 1 lump sum)

2) Removal of existing shower screen sliding door in common toilet.

Wet Works / Flooring

1) Supply and lay homogenous / Ceramic floor tiles at common toilet -$?

2) Supply and lay homogenous / Ceramic wall tiles at common toilet -$?

3) Supply and lay homogenous / Ceramic floor tiles at MBR toilet -$?

4) Supply and lay homogenous / Ceramic wall tiles at MBR toilet -$?

Plumping Works

1) Re-run SS piping for both toilet -$?

2) Supply and install 02 units of WC (Labour + material) -$?

3) Supply and install 02 units of basin (Labour + material) -$?

4) Supply and install 02 units of instant heater (Labour + material) -$?

Doors

1) Supply and install 02 units of aluminium shower screen sliding door (Labour + material) -$?

Others

1) Apply haulage services includes sand/stock up/clear debris -$?

Edited by martin1023

Hi Martin,

Thks alot for the details. I have note everything down n am waiting to meet him up for the breakdown. With the info that i've got from u and also the others, roughly i know what am i suppose to do next. I will keep updating the outcome after the meeting. If he is not professional enough to deal with thn i guess i have to either back off before i commit myslf any further. As the deposit lucky me i only paid $100 (instead of $500 that he issist of me paying) but still its money thou :( not refundable, gv him for nothing...

BUT....

I hope things will turns out well for me and after the meeting i will update again .. :)

Anyone can advise me the rough figure of revamping my whole masterbed room toilet which come with a bathtub. I was told by my ID that the minimum price I have to pay will be 5 digit. I need to hack everythin. In short, revamp my whole toilet. (only 1 toilet)

Anyone can advise me the rough figure of revamping my whole masterbed room toilet which come with a bathtub. I was told by my ID that the minimum price I have to pay will be 5 digit. I need to hack everythin. In short, revamp my whole toilet. (only 1 toilet)

If I were you I will find another ID. I have not seen any of my ID quoted 5digit for a toilet. 5digit can do 2 toilets :drunk: . For a toilet with 5 digit means hack everything, buy designer floor and wall tiles at $10/sqf2, install a shower screen with bathtub + jacuzzi facilities :bath: , Granite vanity top, branded basin and WC, waterproof LED lighting and Air Ventillation fan.

Hi All

I got a questions...how do we tell if the tiles that are being used are of the value that we pay for?Anything to take note for chosing tiles?i am going to chose my tiles soon and i know nuts about them...can pls advise? :P

Hi,

First of all, Masterbed Toilet of HDB or Landed?

second is 5 digit includes all vanity items? Bathtub, Sink, Taps, jetspray, Tank heater/instant heater? Vanity cabinet?

& size matters too.

You may PM me with more details.

Juliana

PMI Design Pte Ltd.

Edited by PMI Design Pte Ltd