Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
madrose

Looking For Mr Chew (doing Curtains) Contact Number...

hi guys... i've read a lot of recommendations for mr chew (doing curtains). Does anyone has his contact number? Me and hubby looking around for curtains for our new 4 room flat.

Thanks ya!!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi guys... i've read a lot of recommendations for mr chew (doing curtains). Does anyone has his contact number? Me and hubby looking around for curtains for our new 4 room flat.

Thanks ya!!!!

here u go...mr chew 9653 4689...i'm planning to engage him to do my hse coming march too...

<!--quoteo(post=606318:date=Jan 23 2011, 11:56 AM:name=madrose)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (madrose @ Jan 23 2011, 11:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=606318"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hi guys... i've read a lot of recommendations for mr chew (doing curtains). Does anyone has his contact number? Me and hubby looking around for curtains for our new 4 room flat.

Thanks ya!!!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

here u go...mr chew 9653 4689...i'm planning to engage him to do my hse coming march too...

Any feedback?

Oh...who is good & cheap then?

I'm also looking for curtain maker...

Hi Synace,

I'm a window solar film installer, and also work closely with my this vendor, curtain maker. I can recommend him, pretty good and humble guy. Can try his service. Just ask him for quote 1st, no obligation... Laurence, 9320 1379...

Then if you need to do window solar film, to beat the afternoon heat and save on your aircon bills, can ask from my quote too... Same, no obligation. Can contact me at 9126 8582 (Duke)...

CHEERS... :)

For those who r seriously Patient enough, I thought Bro Chew would be a V Gd Wait!

He is currently 'too busy' as he put across, but he Never compromises his workmanship...ever! One sure integrity + promise is: he Never sub-let his assignments to outsiders.

Now for those who r pretty frustrated waiting for him in queue, make absolute sure it's worth his quality + workmanship!...+ the Wait but of cos!

Gd stuffs don't come cheap, but bro chew's not cheapo, r reasonably priced + they're Great!!!

Edited by tuasbird

make an appointment with him 7 days in advance. take 1 day leave to wait for him. NEVER turn up, called his mobile nos 'no tone'.

you can be good and cheap but this really unacceptable and unprofessional. need i said more.... WTF.

For those who r seriously Patient enough, I thought Bro Chew would be a V Gd Wait!

He is currently 'too busy' as he put across, but he Never compromises his workmanship...ever! One sure integrity + promise is: he Never sub-let his assignments to outsiders.

Now for those who r pretty frustrated waiting for him in queue, make absolute sure it's worth his quality + workmanship!...+ the Wait but of cos!

Gd stuffs don't come cheap, but bro chew's not cheapo, r reasonably priced + they're Great!!!

Sorry to hear that singababa! Understand where ya coming from...

I may have related curtain chew's engagement as 'too smooth sailing' here. It is not, matter of fact.

See, bro chew has been 'introduced' by RT, but honestly there had been couple of times I had second thoughts bout engaging this man by hunting for other options. Reason? - same as wat most would have experienced during this period - rubber timing or no show no response kinda from the man himself.

Even my spouse mentioned I should look for another back up In case I gana 'aeroplane', n I think she is giving uncle me a pre-eruptive-Nags' warning...

Allow me to briefly relate my experience w bro chew:

1) I tried contacting chew during the 1st week June. Wet works like flooring only done for living. I called 3 times n the first 2 calls was self-terminated. 3rd call - picked up n said 'busy, talk again' hung up!

2) a day later, called him again. This time he told me he'll 'arrange next week n inform me again'

3) a week later called him on mon 9am. Was told 'maybe these 2 days come n see'.

4) came next day, talked on the phone for 20mins outside my door before coming in to show me materials (patiently) n gave advices (patiently). Then took measurement, drew curtains in a corner of his A4 paper amongst his other clients', wrote my address beneath n bye bye.

5) was instructed to contact himself once my grilles r up, windows all cleaned.

On the day he took measurement, my place was a flat w floor tiles nia on the surface. No paint, no carpentry, no furnishings, no lightings, no nothing.

On the day he came, my painters have completed touch-ups, my carpenters done w their work fully & r probably in Hawaii sunbathing, lightings shining bright bright, my ceiling fan spinning fiercely, my sofa n bedframe sitting quietly in position, etc!

How long does he take? Well me not really into the checkings & countings but it Is v long!

But when comes to anything relating to his expertise, he did Marvellous! From giving advices to choosing materials to workmanship to end.

But yes...the downside is The Wait,...& his inability to adhere to the promised appts.

My style-cum-tips if chew is your only choice: don't press him that hard, 'give flexibility', talk nicely still :)

make an appointment with him 7 days in advance. take 1 day leave to wait for him. NEVER turn up, called his mobile nos 'no tone'.

you can be good and cheap but this really unacceptable and unprofessional. need i said more.... WTF.

singababa,

Maybe u shld have called a day in advance to remind him about appointment time & address?

i did so.

i recently met up with Mr chew. He arrived on time.

He gave quite alot of advises on his curtain materials...plenty to choose from.

Patterns lah...material color to match our wall color lah...amount of light that can/cannot pass thru material...day or night or roller blinds...etc.

We chose it swiftly with his good advises.

Simply love it v much! Cant wait to see the end products! :sport-smiley-004:

I'm surprise that we need not pay deposit.

All based on trust...

i wont rush him...just need to call to remind him again on installation day & time ,closer to appointed date.

Hopefully, he dun disappoint me.

:yamseng:

Edited by Chrissmoo

singababa,

Maybe u shld have called a day in advance to remind him about appointment time & address?

i did so.

i recently met up with Mr chew. He arrived on time.

He gave quite alot of advises on his curtain materials...plenty to choose from.

Patterns lah...material color to match our wall color lah...amount of light that can/cannot pass thru material...day or night or roller blinds...etc.

We chose it swiftly with his good advises.

Simply love it v much! Cant wait to see the end products! :sport-smiley-004:

I'm surprise that we need not pay deposit.

All based on trust...

i wont rush him...just need to call to remind him again on installation day & time ,closer to appointed date.

Hopefully, he dun disappoint me.

:yamseng:

can any one pm me the px like on avgerage for a 4 room flat?

Mine was done by Mr Chew in 2008, when he was still not so busy with his biz.

His choices for blinds were limited at that time.

Yes, he left no mess after putting up the blinds, but I don't find its quality that fantastic, just average, nothing great to talk about.

When I noticed that all the plastic blinds stopper were cracked, I told him abt it on the spot, he said he would come back again to replace all of them.

But he never turned up. I expected it since biz was over & payment fully made. So I used super glue to seal up those cracks.

My master bedroom will have morning sun for 6 mths & study room for next 6 mths, so I only pulled the blinds everyday for 6 mths in each room. After 4 yrs, they are still working fine, thanks God.

My advice is, if your want cheap but ok stuff, go for him.

Edited by yokine9a

Had my curtains done by him recently. Indeed he is very busy and you have to wait for a while to meet up with him, so if you need curtains urgently, not recommended to look for him.

Not too sure how to rate his price but much cheaper than curtain shops we went. Of course I'm no expert in the cloth quality and how good is his compared to the shops, but the cloth material certainly dun look cheapo to us.

One thing is he dun request for deposits and will only take payment after 100% of the job is completed. When he did our house, almost everything was done (we did 3x day/night curtains and 2x blinds) except one of the day curtain was delayed. However, he refuse to accept any payment and only do so when he delivered the last set 2 weeks later.

*he's a ~60 yrs old uncle and told us he intend to retire in 2 yrs time.