Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Maximus

Creating Our Home ...

Jas>If mine was a semi- recessed basin does it work? sorry as im bk with qns again...

Max bro sorry hijack your thread again but jaskel always as usual the walking encyclopedia of RT no qns too tough for him and since u at this topic hehehe btw your vanity top in toilet so nice!! Must compliment again! Mind sharing the material with me? Bet your reno nt cheap :x

As the cut-out sink is est. to be ard L3.5ft by W400mm, this size to made it into vanity top will be quite difficult as the backsplash is ard 60mm, the front profile is ard 40mm, that left with the surface width ard 300mm. Don't think your basin is so small right?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

sorry decide to post my questions and replie on jaskel's t-blog instead of hi-jacking here again ;)

Edited by sng28

You guys are more than welcome to discuss on this thread but it will just be a little difficult to trace this back some time later in the future ..

My vanity top is Brown Galaxy Granite. I have Black Galaxy in my Kitchen and brown galaxy in the bathrooms to go with the overall balinese/resort theme.

About the cutouts, its between you and your ID. I had discussed this with my ID and he had said that he would give it back to me if i wanted it. So i told him before installation that i would like the cutouts back as i plan to make a footstool/side table out of them at a later point in time, as Jaskel suggested.

I will definitely post pictures very soon. I think the house has come together quite nicely, but of course i would be biased - after all, i am living here!! :)

You guys are more than welcome to discuss on this thread but it will just be a little difficult to trace this back some time later in the future ..

My vanity top is Brown Galaxy Granite. I have Black Galaxy in my Kitchen and brown galaxy in the bathrooms to go with the overall balinese/resort theme.

About the cutouts, its between you and your ID. I had discussed this with my ID and he had said that he would give it back to me if i wanted it. So i told him before installation that i would like the cutouts back as i plan to make a footstool/side table out of them at a later point in time, as Jaskel suggested.

I will definitely post pictures very soon. I think the house has come together quite nicely, but of course i would be biased - after all, i am living here!! :)

wah i tried google brown galaxy granite and there's like heaps of versions for it. Ya ya upload more pics if you dun mind can tk a closer shot for your toilet vanity top ? woo so yours is balinese/resort theme..hehehe nice bro! must have cost you a bomb? hehehehe i like yours very much! :yamseng:

I promise, pictures will be up before the coming weekend is out !! :)

I thought it would be helpful to provide some inputs on how my appliance shopping / installation experience was:-

1. Panasonic BY601 fridge from Everjoint: I had bought this fridge on 2nd Feb in order to get their promotion of free extended warranty for 2 years (total of 3 years). Transaction with Everjoint was smooth and so was the delivery - very efficient and impressive in their attention to detail to not scratch etc. The fridge is working great and i do think that the inverter model (freezer below) is a very strong concept. FWIW, i am a vegetarian so dont store any meats in the freezer and so do not open it that often.

2. Samsung CE117AB microwave from Goh Ah Bee: What i liked about GAB was that i gave them the order over the phone. They didnt have ready stock so they asked me to come 1 day later by which time they would have got it to their shop. Sure enough, i went over the next day and all the billing had been kept ready for me as well as the product itself too. :) Happy with this buy as well because of the steam function. So for people looking to buy a microwave, make a conscious choice about whether you want a rotating turntable or just a static tray (like in Panasonic's newer models). Both have their own advantages so we took the rotating turntable by choice.

Thats all i have time for now, will follow up with more of these reviews (Built in oven, hobs, hoods, aircon, furniture etc).

Continuing with the reviews ..

3. Daikin Aircons (Single non-inverter, System 2 noninverter, and System 2 inverter): I was pretty sure i wanted only Daikin or Toshiba as I regard them as the best aircon manufacturers out there. Since i had been browsing the forums for a bit, i knew that Aron and Sam from Imperial Distributors had positive reviews. Nevertheless given the promotions that Gaincity so often does, i had them come over as well to give their own quote. Gaincity folks were very helpful as well and did a good checking of the house and gave me quotes for Panasonic, Toshiba and Mitsubishi. Eventually, i went through with Aron. Transaction was very smooth and i didnt have to do any supervision at all, during installation (in fact i was not even there). :) There was a minor hiccup in a model number for one of the aircons on my quotation being different from what was finally installed, but this was resolved very quickly as Aron let me know that the installed model was a newer version than the one on my quotation. So all-in-all, a satisfied customer here.

4. Fujioh Hood (FX900), Electrolux Hob and Oven (3200 3 burner, 53000X): This was a maddening process trying to shop for the ideal combination. Made countless trips to HN at Millenia Walk, MegaDiscount at KLP, Courts at NEX,Tampines, Hoe Kee at IFC etc. Originally considered Bosch and Brandt. Prices were through the roof. While at HN@MW, wife saw a Electrolux hob that she fell in love with but we didnt get to see any nice hoods from them so we had to switch the brand for the hood. In terms of the Built-in oven, price-vs.-features was best for the 53000X from Electrolux. So we chose this combination finally. Asked for prices from GAB, EJ and MegaDiscount. The person at Megadiscount (Thomas) was very helpful and patient and thats always an influencing factor in my decision making. As it so happened, he was able to give me a competitive price and i went through with them. They accept credit cards as well so that was another help.

<!--quoteo(post=619416:date=Mar 17 2011, 09:14 AM:name=Maximus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maximus @ Mar 17 2011, 09:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=619416"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->(Repeating my question here from a standalone thread)

Hi folks, i have a query. When i install my kitchen sink and my bathroom washbasin on my granite countertops, there is going to be the 2 cutout pieces and i was wondering if i can put them to any good use. My ID did tell me that its not advisable to reuse the same in shelves etc so i was wondering if there is some other creative way of using them? Any suggestions are most welcome excl.gif

What do you typically do with the cutout pieces anyway? Throw it or keep it?

Cheers

Maximus<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Make it into a side table for the sofa or the bed. I have make the left over pieces(solid surface) into a dining table top.

will i have any leftover cut out from my kitchen granite?? :P