Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
renovade

Preventing Window Curtain From Wind Blow

Sorry guys hope I am not posting a stupid question here.

I have a minor problem. My place is quite windy and I have those day curtains which get blown out of the window every now and then.

Is there a way to prevent it? Please do not respond the obvious like, close the windows, change the curtain to heavier types, etc. I love my current curtain but only complain is that it is so light that it gets blown out when there is wind.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Maybe dont open the window so big or perhaps put some weight at the bottom of the curtain or clip them together?

Sorry but that is all i can think of because i doubt we can change the wind but we certainly can to the window or curtain.

I had the same problem as you, what I'm doing now is to tie the curtains. They will still be some movement as the wind is strong, but no more out of the windows.

I have a minor problem. My place is quite windy and I have those day curtains which get blown out of the window every now and then.

Is there a way to prevent it? Please do not respond the obvious like, close the windows, change the curtain to heavier types, etc. I love my current curtain but only complain is that it is so light that it gets blown out when there is wind.

You can get those nice curtain ties from Joo Chiat Complex - lots of curtain shops to choose from! It's basically a small loop the you tie around your curtains to bunch them together and it's heavy enough to hold them down so they don't fly out of the window.

If they are day curtains, I doubt you will be tying them up, but there isn't any other way to prevent it from flapping around, even the heaviest curtains, unless they are very stiff - it's like a sail, however big and heavy, it traps the air and moves.

Not sure how much tassels at joo chiat costs, but if you get them from wholesalers, it should not cost more than $5 for the cheapest ones or $15 for the better ones.

I supposed you have no grill and curtain fully extented, wind blows out through windows.

Only way is to get powerful-enough clips, clip the cloth onto window frame....Velco tape not poweful enough.

Edited by bepgof