Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hafiizh

How Small Is 92sqm?

i would put that eubiq system below my tv console because i would expect a lot of electrical appliances there, dvd player, amplifier, tv, speakers, ps3 etc etc..some of them have their power cables coming out of the left of the appliance..some on the right...

if my power point is concentrated at 1 spot, all my plugs will have to head that direction...i can forsee the mess (like what i have in my parents house now!). criss crossing of wires is inevitable. bundling them up is also not an option because it will be hard to label which wire is for which...

so yeah..thats why i will get that system.

man i sound like a salesman for eubiq!

with eubiq, it will look equally messy. no difference mah, wires will still be shown unless u hide the entire track.

But if u hide the entire track, then might as well do switches... the best way is still to hide everything in a console.

i think hafizh is right, it just looks better. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hehe like i said it's more of an impulse buy. oh hindsight I perhaps should have gone with ala carte but I did the back of the envelope math and the track for the kitchen plus the tower and the tabletop strip i wanted and the number of plugs would be about the same amount give or take. so i chose to take the package.

but definitely perfect for my kitchen since if there are no appliances, it will just be the strip and its hidden below the island. as i mentioned it doubles up as my kitchen counter so when the missus is using an appiance she can plug it in anywhere along the strip so she can maximise the space. already she's planning a group baking session with her cousins this coming few weeks!

my tv console is also at the back of my mind right now. I've seen some innovative solutions to hiding the messy wires so I am brainstorming on my own solution. Prob have to DIY and prob will turn out not-so-nice but for now I kind of like the bare wall look for my tv wall! hahaha

with eubiq, it will look equally messy. no difference mah, wires will still be shown unless u hide the entire track.

But if u hide the entire track, then might as well do switches... the best way is still to hide everything in a console.

my hubby also said eubiq looks equally messy. but i think the advantage of it is that besides looking good, it does allow you to move the appliances around with more freedom.

sometimes even if you have a lot of plugs in kitchen, you still can't move the appliance around due to constraints by the length of the cable etc~ ;)

very difficult to hide wires..thats of course..

but dont you feel that having a few wires all heading for that 1 plug more messy than having a 1m track to aim for? i can put my tv plug on the extreme left of the eubiq...the dvd player plug on the extreme right...the speakers just to the right of the tv plug...so on and so forth..

to each his own i guess. :D

When I first saw the Eubiq system I also really wanted to have this in the kitchen, study and at the TV area in the living room. After thinking about it's real benefits for a long time, I realised that for my situation it didn't make sense. At the back of the TV it will not be visible (no cool factor) and I anyway would not plug and unplug the electrical items like DVD, TV etc. In the study it would be visible but the track distance needed would be short so it wouldn't make spacing the wires out look neater. In the kitchen, wouldn't want so many items plugged in and block my counter top space also having a Eubiq long enough to really make practical sense is too much for my budget. I came to the conclusion that it's a nice idea if you can afford very long lengths so you really have power wherever you need it (almost like an electrical skirting board) but this would mean I would have to sell my wife and kids into slavery to pay for it so decided plain vanilla power points will do...still think it looks way cool though ;)

Hafiizh,

Goshh..where did you purchase the Ipad stand from? how much?

Been looking for something like this for awhile for my bb girl to have her hands free :) ..

hi sheela, i picked it up for $18 at one of those IT shows at the Expo last year. I like it because the connection is firm and the holder is adjustable for almost any tablet - so no worries if upgrading or changing brands of tablets.

Like I mentioned, it was actually one of those ipad holders meant to be attached on the inside of the windscreen which is not really that effective. But it works great on the kitchen counter!

this is not the exact same thing but you can get something similar from places such as gmarket

Edited by hafiizh

Just my thoughts...

I guess the real use of the Eubiq track is when you have to mount it on a glass panel or backsplash.

I'm hacking my kitchen walls (one side) and replacing it with a glass panel and glass door. As the electrical points cannot be mounted on the table top or the glass panel, the next ideal place is to mount it on the glass panel using the Eubiq track.

Just my thoughts...

I'm hacking my kitchen walls (one side) and replacing it with a glass panel and glass door. As the electrical points cannot be mounted on the table top or the glass panel, the next ideal place is to mount it on the glass panel using the Eubiq track.

electrical points can be mounted on table top, even kitchen top. Saw it in magazine before, very sleek de...

holes can be drilled in the glass, so technically u can put the power point there, just that its going to look very ugly.

if u put an eubiq track there, it will really spoil the look of the glass wall... just visualise it...

hi sheela, i picked it up for $18 at one of those IT shows at the Expo last year. I like it because the connection is firm and the holder is adjustable for almost any tablet - so no worries if upgrading or changing brands of tablets.

Like I mentioned, it was actually one of those ipad holders meant to be attached on the inside of the windscreen which is not really that effective. But it works great on the kitchen counter!

this is not the exact same thing but you can get something similar from places such as gmarket

Wow Hafiizh, tat's a very good buy ....ha.,ha i really need for kitchen counter top ..my girl won't eat her meals w/out her you tube fav's..he..he..

By the way ..love your daringness in hacking away the kitchen walls, it's been a daily argument wt me & my hubby..sighhh..do you mind sharing your quote for the kitchen...thanks lots!

Gimz, soulfire >> I think looks wise all very subjective. Like my wife and I have very different concepts of nice and not nice, form vs function etc. In the end, it all boils down to your taste. You like it, who cares what other people think :)

Vjcs >> it's de dietrich, got it from arclinear in park mall. We splurged on this and the oven.

Sheela >> Hahaha my wife is the same, during mealtime she needs to watch something eg friends/simpsons/big bang theory

Wow Hafiizh, tat's a very good buy ....ha.,ha i really need for kitchen counter top ..my girl won't eat her meals w/out her you tube fav's..he..he..

hi there sheela, thought I recommend this for you. definitely a much cheaper (and more practical) option

1000002155.PNG

Hi all,

reno's been going full steam. here are more updates!

Again, full story on my blog. if you haven't checked it out, here's what you've missed :)

11%208:43:30%20PM.jpg

hi, great blog you have here. may i know what the dimensions of your parquet strips are? hope everything goes well :)