Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kueh

Anybody Has Issues With Pest Springtails?

Hi,

Anyone has encounter this before? I supposed this should happen to older home whereby the kitchen cabinet is more to decay? But my house is less than 3 years old and already got infested by this pest.

All this happened becos my contractor did not seal my sink properly hence water leaked beneath my cabinet which caused my cabinet to "rot" I didn't even realised that this will cause springtails(tiny insects that feed on decaying materials n looks like weevils but smaller than that) to form. Though the contractor came to rectify the rotting wood by taking off the laminate and scrubbing the moldy/decayed affected parts away. Then relaminated the affected parts. He said that it will go away after that.

It's been more than 2 weeks and I have trying to keep my kitchen dry and clean. I tried to spray insecticide as well but it doesn't seem to work. Sometimes, there seemed to be multiplying of springtails n it's so irritating n I wonder if it will cause harm to my young children?

Anyone got encounter this before? Thinking of diy solution first before getting pest control :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request