Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
binka

Granite Kitchen Top

Hi all,

My renovation work is almost completed except for some touch-ups. Only one thing to enquire which i hope someone can kindly comment.

My granite kitchen top turns 90deg at the edge, and hence there is a visible line where the 2 pieces of granite are fused/glued/sticked/plastered together. But these lines are not present at my in-laws' house n my sis-in-law's house. Theirs are 1 piece monolithic block. Length-wise, mine is around the same length as theirs... not double or triple the length.

What i mean is illustrated below in the photos, where the top turns. This is not my kitchen.

2v2cqp2.jpg

My question is, should the top be of 2 pieces of granite fused together, or 1 big piece put on top? Any comment is appreciated.

Edited by binka

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It really depends on the granite supplier. If you want a single block with no joins I think you can request and they will cut it from the slab. It's probably more difficult to transport and depending on the size it may not fit in some lifts.

Defintely there are joint line for granite

Every granite i heard from my ID are 6ft so they will be 1 every 6ft for uploading also and lift too

Hi all,

My renovation work is almost completed except for some touch-ups. Only one thing to enquire which i hope someone can kindly comment.

My granite kitchen top turns 90deg at the edge, and hence there is a visible line where the 2 pieces of granite are fused/glued/sticked/plastered together. But these lines are not present at my in-laws' house n my sis-in-law's house. Theirs are 1 piece monolithic block. Length-wise, mine is around the same length as theirs... not double or triple the length.

What i mean is illustrated below in the photos, where the top turns. This is not my kitchen.

2v2cqp2.jpg

My question is, should the top be of 2 pieces of granite fused together, or 1 big piece put on top? Any comment is appreciated.

Usually one big piece they cut into L-shape but if ID cut cost, then joint 2 piece together