Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
panchia

New Sliding Gate Rules

Does anyone know if there is a new rule or guideline requiring installation of strobe light and/or limiter or maybe siren for sliding gate that opens across a meter compartment? Contractor told me it's something new for landed house front gate, due to recent accidents to officer reading or repairing the meter compartment. :unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Does anyone know if there is a new rule or guideline requiring installation of strobe light and/or limiter or maybe siren for sliding gate that opens across a meter compartment? Contractor told me it's something new for landed house front gate, due to recent accidents to officer reading or repairing the meter compartment. :unsure:

Yes. My builder mentioned the same. The strobe light and limiter costs me additional $580. I hope we r not using the same builder by any chance

Yes. My builder mentioned the same. The strobe light and limiter costs me additional $580. I hope we r not using the same builder by any chance

I have just TOP recently and using sliding gate. Nothing was mentioned on strobe light and limiter. My gate is just normal sliding gate. :)

I have just TOP recently and using sliding gate. Nothing was mentioned on strobe light and limiter. My gate is just normal sliding gate. :)

I heard it is a new requirement. Does your sliding gate cross over the meter compartment during operation? The idea of strobe light is to warn anyone working on the meter compartment that the gate is coming....... :o:o