Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reglxt

Question About Pixiu

few years ago, i went into a FS shop and saw a pair of pixiu i like. it cost 288 for a pair. i said to it, if i strike 4d, i'll come and bring u home. true enough, the following draw, i won $500. so i kept my promise and went down to the shop and bring them home. :D

Hi u should have ask for toto first prize or big sweep, haha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Pixiu looks really fierce to me. They are celestial beasts. I've ever seen 4 pixius guarding the entrance of a shop that sells jade at waterloo street.

Both my sister & myself got so scared of those 4 guardian angels that we decided not to go into the shop or even walk past it. Just saw it from the corner of our eyes & "siam" really fast. Can feel the "sha-qi" even just by looking at them from a distance.

And what bepgof observed about pixiu is true; evolving to be really cute miniature animals. I just thought that it might be catered just for us folks who are scared of the larger versions?

Pixiu looks really fierce to me. They are celestial beasts. I've ever seen 4 pixius guarding the entrance of a shop that sells jade at waterloo street.

Both my sister & myself got so scared of those 4 guardian angels that we decided not to go into the shop or even walk past it. Just saw it from the corner of our eyes & "siam" really fast. Can feel the "sha-qi" even just by looking at them from a distance.

And what bepgof observed about pixiu is true; evolving to be really cute miniature animals. I just thought that it might be catered just for us folks who are scared of the larger versions?

i dun think they are considered celestial beasts. these legendary animals like pixiu, dragons, phoenixes etc. they belong more on a different plane. somewhere in between our world and the celestial world. it is said that, people who are of a certain enlightenment can see these animals moving amongst us

Actually, I didn't mean any negative connotation when I call them celestial beasts. Celestial means heavenly... so because they are ferocious creatures so I classified them as "beasts"... Like Beauty & the Beast who has a heart of gold even though he had a very fierce appearance :)

Wow I didn't know that they can be seen around us... but do u have any idea what they do around us? Do they speak human language? And is it good or bad when they move around us humans?

I thought that they belong to another world totally where the deities are... or the world of naga. Didn't know that they could move around us humans :P

Actually, I didn't mean any negative connotation when I call them celestial beasts. Celestial means heavenly... so because they are ferocious creatures so I classified them as "beasts"... Like Beauty & the Beast who has a heart of gold even though he had a very fierce appearance :)

Wow I didn't know that they can be seen around us... but do u have any idea what they do around us? Do they speak human language? And is it good or bad when they move around us humans?

I thought that they belong to another world totally where the deities are... or the world of naga. Didn't know that they could move around us humans :P

actually i only know about it when i went to a trance session and the god talked about it coz somebody asked about the pixiu

i dun think they are considered celestial beasts. these legendary animals like pixiu, dragons, phoenixes etc. they belong more on a different plane. somewhere in between our world and the celestial world. it is said that, people who are of a certain enlightenment can see these animals moving amongst us

Do the pixiu move among people in Europe? Or they only select Taiwan and Singapore only?

So what did the medium say about pixiu? That they are moving among humans?

something like that. that pple with sufficient enlightenment (eg. high monks) are able to see them. but also said that pixiu are mainly in the mountains

seriously i cant tell the diff between tian lu and pi xiu.. cos the engraving is very hard to tell.. both looks the same to me :P

"According to ancient history, Pi Xiu (貔貅) is the Ninth Son of the Dragon and it is an auspicious and powerful celestial creature that brings good fortune. Initially, it was said that the Make is known as Pi (貔) while the Female is known as(貅). However, as generations passed down, there is no longer a difference of sex; instead, it was placed as a single Feng Shui display item. This celestial being is a very fierce and powerful creature known to travel through the Heaven and Earth, ward off evil and protect the properties. It looks more or less like a Qilin (麒麟) but it is much fatter, has a single long and thick horn, a lion dog like face, hoofs of a horse and little wings on both sides of its body plus a big strong tail."

extracted from http://www.tianlufengshui.com/Pi-Xiu/why-p...troduction.html

is the above true?

sorry i abit cheapskate..at most will pay around 200 for a pair.. i think if i walk in any FS shop like boons art.. guess they will just push me any pixiu

so how to tell if its male or female

actually nowadays it's not a must to buy them in a pair, like mine's only 1. also male & female also not much of a difference liao. pixiu basically for a few purpose

1. hold the fort (zhen zai)

2. ward against evil

3. bring in wealth.

only the master or masters are allowed to touch it as others may contaminate it with their negative energy.

hihi...regarding pixiu..i have some for you to invite..you keen can visit my ebay site for more information, cheers!!

1) http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Red-Jade-Pixiu-Tian...=item27b89fe02a

2) http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/LiuLi-Colored-Glaze...=item27b89fe02e

regards, tang (pixiu lover)

Qns

1. whats the diff between sitting and standing pixiu?

2. where should i be placing the pixiu?

3. some engraved with tail and some without..whats the diff also?

4. should i get a pair or one will do?

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

actually nowadays it's not a must to buy them in a pair, like mine's only 1. also male & female also not much of a difference liao. pixiu basically for a few purpose

1. hold the fort (zhen zai)

2. ward against evil

3. bring in wealth.

only the master or masters are allowed to touch it as others may contaminate it with their negative energy.

thanks alot for the info :)

There is a Taoist temple located next to White Horse Ceramic Tiles' showroom along the road that runs up to Joo Chiat complex.

The temple shows 2 ferocious stone creatures guarding it. Is that Qi-lin or Pixiu?

They look really scary and fierce.

Does anybody know the difference between stone lions or stone Qi-lin guarding temples?

Edited by edenstrauss

I have a question about pixiu: do the pixiu pair need to be enshrined in the temple?

I find it weird how carry this can help strike toto, 4D? If so steady, I think the owner just buy toto and sit at home sip tea. No need to open shop sell Pixiu. If this is so steady till everyone strike toto, 4D. SG pools wont be so big today la.