Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h2chng

Problem With Elmark Ceiling Fan

Hi all

Wondering if you guys have the same problem like I encountered.

Last year, I purchase some Elmark fans. These come with the remote and lighting. Today, one of them pop when I switch it on. Now it is no longer working.

As this fan is in the living room, I am desperately needing repair service. I called Elmark and was told the earliest date they can send their men is one week from now. At the mean time, they can put me on the priority list. Even thought the fan is under warrenty as it is less than a year, I will still have to pay for the $50 transportation fee.

Alternatively, they do have a express service at $95. They will send their men ASAP.

I was also told by the lighting shop that most likely the fan would be taken back for repair. None of the service call line operator knows the time needed for the repair.

Any one of you any experience with Elmark servicing? Is it worth calling for the service? Or should I bite the bullet and get another replacement?

Chng

Edited by h2chng

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Normally, these charges are written on the warranty card or somewhere.... fine print.

You can always check and see... :)

Hope this helps

:drunk: pal

It is written there. But seems like their main business is not selling fan, but servicing them. One week for an appointment, You can imagine how many people having problem with their fans. If they have 20 men running around, each service man visit 20 place per day, they would well make at least $50*400 per day.

I bought the fan for $260. I seriously don't think they earn as much from selling them than servicing them. Assuming I don't call for express service, $50 for transportation and another $25 for labour, that is $75. I would have to pay even more if it is not under warrenty.

I am even more pissed off when I talk to the service operator on phone.

I wonder why are they still in business.

Maybe you should just dump it and buy a KDK now. Seriously, will save you the headaches in the future.

tks. I am actually thinking about it. Will most likely switch.

This has been an experience for me. Never have I encounter such lousy service and product. Elmark is the king. King of Fan. Hahaha....

tks. I am actually thinking about it. Will most likely switch.

This has been an experience for me. Never have I encounter such lousy service and product. Elmark is the king. King of Fan. Hahaha....

Hi all

Last year, I purchase some Elmark fans. These come with the remote and lighting. Today, one of them pop when I switch it on. Now it is no longer working.

As this fan is in the living room, I am desperately needing repair service. I called Elmark and was told the earliest date they can send their men is one week from now. At the mean time, they can put me on the priority list. Even thought the fan is under warrenty as it is less than a year, I will still have to pay for the $50 transportation fee.

Alternatively, they do have a express service at $95. They will send their men ASAP.

I was also told by the lighting shop that most likely the fan would be taken back for repair. None of the service call line operator knows the time needed for the repair.

Any one of you any experience with Elmark servicing? Is it worth calling for the service? Or should I bite the bullet and get another replacement?

Chng

Hi all

Chng

bought fan from elmark some years ago. After installation the fan made high pitch sound (like flock of birds chirping). The technician came and claimed it was because of my ceiling. I had to convince them thru a no of calls to office to change the blades before they finally agreed. No more sound. I didnt have to pay because it was within the week of purchase. A year later the regulator spoilt. This time I got another fan/light supplier to come change it for me. Elmark service is rather bad but dont give up on fan. If you can wait and are prepared to pay cost, it'd be worth it if fan works well in future. My fan now working well for past few years.

bought fan from elmark some years ago. After installation the fan made high pitch sound (like flock of birds chirping). The technician came and claimed it was because of my ceiling. I had to convince them thru a no of calls to office to change the blades before they finally agreed. No more sound. I didnt have to pay because it was within the week of purchase. A year later the regulator spoilt. This time I got another fan/light supplier to come change it for me. Elmark service is rather bad but dont give up on fan. If you can wait and are prepared to pay cost, it'd be worth it if fan works well in future. My fan now working well for past few years.

Thanks for the opinion.

Till now, they have not called. Don't think they will. I will call on Monday to make sure they stick to their appointment.

Will give them a chance, before condemning them for good.

Cheers

Thanks for the opinion.

Till now, they have not called. Don't think they will. I will call on Monday to make sure they stick to their appointment.

Will give them a chance, before condemning them for good.

Cheers

The Fan has been repaired. The service man told me one of the light bulb blow, shortcircuited the remote control unit in the fan. And says that it might happen again in the future as the remote unit is not reliable.

Find it rather ridiculous that a light bulb will blow a remote control unit in the fan. Shouldn't the remote control unit design able to handle a bulb blow?

Any one out there have a lobang for reliable fan remote for fan?

Think I will be facing another of this problem again in the very near future.

Don't think it is the bulb. The bulb I get quite ok. Should be a lame excuse for sub-quality product.

Maybe next time can have LED light blub.

Don't think it is the bulb. The bulb I get quite ok. Should be a lame excuse for sub-quality product.

Maybe next time can have LED light blub.

Any feedback on KDK ceiling fans?

http://www.mybestceilingfan.com/images/elm...HA%20bk_500.jpg

i brought this leh.. ELS 52 HHA 52" ceiling fan

dont scare me... LOlx

Ha... One good news and One bad news.

I will give you the bad news first. Your model is exactly my model. My is white yours is black.

The good news is I bought Five and only one is having problem, so your chance is theoretically 20% likelihood of facing problem.

:)

Originally, I wanted to get fanco fans but went to shop and kena "recomended" this best selling brand. So I pay a "special" price for these five fans. Only weeks later I found out JB also selling exactly the same fan, about same price but in reggit.

So with my sad story, I think you can be quite assured that you will not be as bad a situation as me.

Cheers