Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
emobebe

4rm Hdb Resale Flat - Reno Ideas And Costs

Hi all,

I am newbie here and have a headache looking around for Interior Designer Firm and Contractor. Yesterday, I went down to Expo to check it out and find mostly are trying to close for deal rather than listening to what I want.

For now, I am looking around for those owners who has done up their places with the following theme and how much they spent on it. Please give me a review about your ID or Contractor who has done up your place. Thanks a million!

Theme

=====

1) Minimalist which is modern, bright and look spacious

House Type

========

1) 4rm HDB Resale Flat

2) Total sqm : 104

Appreciate if you can post some of your unit's photo for my reference.

Warmest Regards :)

EmoBebe

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi EmoBebe,

My place that I'll be renovating is also 104.

I'm at Yishun how about you?

Hi J|nG,

My place at Tampines. By the way, what theme you will be doing your new place? I am thinking of minimalist or a bit like resort style.

Hi J|nG,

My place at Tampines. By the way, what theme you will be doing your new place? I am thinking of minimalist or a bit like resort style.

For my living room, I am planning white furnitures with grey sofa and white walls. Not sure what kinda theme this belongs to.

Kitchen am planning for walnut cabinet with black top and gray tiles. Am still thinking about the wall tiles.

For my living room, I am planning white furnitures with grey sofa and white walls. Not sure what kinda theme this belongs to.

Kitchen am planning for walnut cabinet with black top and gray tiles. Am still thinking about the wall tiles.

Haha, almost the same idea but my main door a bit weird position. I may do a wall partition in between the main door to put my TV console because I need a wall behind my sofa and the main door position is neither at one corner. It is a bit to the centre. However, my kitchen I am planning to put solid black top and the rest cabinets are white glossy plus metal sink. The kitchen tiles I am thinking to use matt homogenous gray tiles - those anti slip type. Do you intend to put slunt a bit your flooring to the floor trap? I rekki at IMM ytd. One of the ID said they will put same level. Nowadays, no one wanna wash floor but they rather wanna mop floor only. But still kitchen it is best to wash once a while esp for spring cleaning even if you seldom cook. The slunting of flooring is upon request only else they will do same level.

I am wondering how much will it cost for my whole unit renovation because I prefer something minimum, easy to take care of and not bulky but yet got characteristic. A bit chim though. So far, no one give me the best ideas yet but I think I found one practical and honest ID. He gave me a lot of ideas and what to consider. I haven't receive his quotation yet. Cost is a concern to me though.

Have you get any quotation yet? Which company you hire? Any particular budget?

EmoBebe

Haha, almost the same idea but my main door a bit weird position. I may do a wall partition in between the main door to put my TV console because I need a wall behind my sofa and the main door position is neither at one corner. It is a bit to the centre. However, my kitchen I am planning to put solid black top and the rest cabinets are white glossy plus metal sink. The kitchen tiles I am thinking to use matt homogenous gray tiles - those anti slip type. Do you intend to put slunt a bit your flooring to the floor trap? I rekki at IMM ytd. One of the ID said they will put same level. Nowadays, no one wanna wash floor but they rather wanna mop floor only. But still kitchen it is best to wash once a while esp for spring cleaning even if you seldom cook. The slunting of flooring is upon request only else they will do same level.

I am wondering how much will it cost for my whole unit renovation because I prefer something minimum, easy to take care of and not bulky but yet got characteristic. A bit chim though. So far, no one give me the best ideas yet but I think I found one practical and honest ID. He gave me a lot of ideas and what to consider. I haven't receive his quotation yet. Cost is a concern to me though.

Have you get any quotation yet? Which company you hire? Any particular budget?

EmoBebe

hmmm i like white glossy cabinet too but concern is cleanliness and if can last over the years. Think we have similar taste.

My living room also will do a partition cause I want to face the wall instead of the main gate for my sofa.

I am now getting quotations around and so far all quoted me ard 50 to 52k including carpentry work excluding my common room 02.

I think my whole house including furnitures, accessories would easily come up to 70k which is way too high!! hahaha

Mine is 103sqm and I also want Easy to take care and yet also unique. Not easy... My quote was initially 65k. After comparing with other contractor, it's only 45k for the one I chosen. Also reduces a few items like windows and doors.

Mine is 103sqm and I also want Easy to take care and yet also unique. Not easy... My quote was initially 65k. After comparing with other contractor, it's only 45k for the one I chosen. Also reduces a few items like windows and doors.

Hi May,

Thanks for sharing. Can you show me your floor plan and briefly describe what are the things you do your new home? Have your contractor started work on your unit and how is the progress so far?

Hi J|ing,

I am allocating about 30k to do the renovation. Not so much of fund for this reno. A bit tight budget. That why I am here to explore the best deals and who should I award the job to. LOL! By the way, I am not doing the both toilets because this unit is under Home Improvement Program. So, I have to pay certain amount for the upgrading. Since the HDB will be upgrading the toilets, change the dustbin chute and wrought iron gate. I will leave it alone till later when I want to reno again. For the time being, I am still negotiating with HDB Officer whether can re-choose the colour of the tiles and wrought iron gates pattern because the previous owner already made their choices but it is not what i want in order to complement the whole unit theme.

EmoBebe

HI PPL OUT THERE :)

Mr Nice Guy once again , if any of u who want to reno your house . Do let me know and i will PM u my contractor , no harm trying !!!! peace OUT !!!

What theme you have done in your home? And how much is the cost?

Hi May,

Thanks for sharing. Can you show me your floor plan and briefly describe what are the things you do your new home? Have your contractor started work on your unit and how is the progress so far?

EmoBebe

You can see my t-blog for my floor plan and other info. :)

Cool..I'm collecting my keys on 07th March 2011 for my 4room 107sq resale flat in jurong,Resale flat reno usually cost more than those newer flat especially if you're doing hackings.For me I have engage * Interior,although Baroque do offer a good quote but since I live in the west I pick from tradehub so easier for me to meet my ID and go over their office.Cos some of the reno company do have ulu place.lol.I have selected simple modern design for my new place.Not too colourful plainly black,grey,white,walnut.Too striking colours sometimes makes your eyes pain to look at.I be painting all my living/dining white with L-box.Grey sofa and black base coffee table in living,accompany with black/dark feature wall/console.black blade ceiling fan with lights.black dining chair with diamonds and black tempered glass top dining table in my dining.A simple chandelier/hanging lights in my dining just for decor,cos mainly I will use the downlight for main lights.Black laminate for my bar with black bar stools.I just love black and dark colours so easier to maintain,but can't have black wall..so white wall it will be.For MBR toilet will be black and white theme.Modern resort theme for common toilet( base on wall and floor tiles for this combiantion).black/white/walnut for my kitchen cabinet to match my black galaxy granite top.I will be doing a new store room in my kitchen since owner hack the store room to built in wardrobe for MBR.Luckily all the rooms have laminates and I just need to polish the marble for living/dining,save me a bit of cost.For kitchen I will not be using wall tiles,instead the cost I add a glass backsplash for the wall between my bottom and top cabinet.Estimated quote cost me around $30k with electrical works.Add another $10k for new air con,sanitary,furnishing which I think will be adding more and more.All the small things you add on eventually will make you faint when you see the final bill..Do visit my blog if you free. :]

Cool..I'm collecting my keys on 07th March 2011 for my 4room 107sq resale flat in jurong,Resale flat reno usually cost more than those newer flat especially if you're doing hackings.For me I have engage * Interior,although Baroque do offer a good quote but since I live in the west I pick from tradehub so easier for me to meet my ID and go over their office.Cos some of the reno company do have ulu place.lol.I have selected simple modern design for my new place.Not too colourful plainly black,grey,white,walnut.Too striking colours sometimes makes your eyes pain to look at.I be painting all my living/dining white with L-box.Grey sofa and black base coffee table in living,accompany with black/dark feature wall/console.black blade ceiling fan with lights.black dining chair with diamonds and black tempered glass top dining table in my dining.A simple chandelier/hanging lights in my dining just for decor,cos mainly I will use the downlight for main lights.Black laminate for my bar with black bar stools.I just love black and dark colours so easier to maintain,but can't have black wall..so white wall it will be.For MBR toilet will be black and white theme.Modern resort theme for common toilet( base on wall and floor tiles for this combiantion).black/white/walnut for my kitchen cabinet to match my black galaxy granite top.I will be doing a new store room in my kitchen since owner hack the store room to built in wardrobe for MBR.Luckily all the rooms have laminates and I just need to polish the marble for living/dining,save me a bit of cost.For kitchen I will not be using wall tiles,instead the cost I add a glass backsplash for the wall between my bottom and top cabinet.Estimated quote cost me around $30k with electrical works.Add another $10k for new air con,sanitary,furnishing which I think will be adding more and more.All the small things you add on eventually will make you faint when you see the final bill..Do visit my blog if you free. :]

Hi Kewlboi,

Thanks for sharing. I just read your blog. I haven't get my dates yet for first and second appointments. I am just looking around now...maybe I am a bit stress up and "kan chiong" cos this seems like a major project to me. LOL.... My main focus is to done up the Living room (TV Console, Half height bookshelves and Shoe Rack), Kitchen (Full height white cabinets maybe with solid black top) and MBR (Custom made wardrobe with a simple study area but i dunno whether can fit in.....just an idea). By the way, how much your black galaxy granite top cost?

By the way, I will be using back the existing Hob, Hood, Oven and Airconds because all still new. So, I guess I can save a bit on this area.

EmoBebe

Hi May,

I just read your Reno T-Blog. Hmm, I think I should do a blog on my reno journey too. Thanks for sharing and being helpful here. Mine floor space is about 104sqm...very small for two persons...:(

Emobebe

Hi May,

I just read your Reno T-Blog. Hmm, I think I should do a blog on my reno journey too. Thanks for sharing and being helpful here. Mine floor space is about 104sqm...very small for two persons...:(

Emobebe

small for two person?

Is already very big in SG context....

My 104 is for 4 to 7 person! haha

small for two person?

Is already very big in SG context....

My 104 is for 4 to 7 person! haha

Wow! So many people live with you or you got many kids!!!! LOL!!! Anyway, you get which ID to do your home and what his/her name? I read a lot of postings here recently...headache...Just come across on one article mentioned that he went to 10 IDs!!!! I m not gonna do that...cos it will burnt me out!!! The most I will look for 5 IDs only and will be based on the recommendation here. If someone can allowed me to visit their home even better so that I can see the workmanship with my eyes. I would appreciate for that !!

Renovation really a big project to me but I feel excited at the same time because I can do whichever theme I want. Hopefully I will be able to meet the right ID to do my home soon!

Cheers:) EmoBebe