Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
skinny

Beam On Top Of Kitchen

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Do u mean to say that the kitchen's ceiling is divided into half or ???

And where is the beam in your kitchen located at? Above the stove? If it's at the side, your kitchen cabinets would have hidden the beam.

I've also had a beam running along one of the sides of the kitchen where I placed my fridge.

"Pressure" on marriage: Do u mean to say pressure on you to get married or pressure on your matrimonial relationship with your spouse?

I know that beams & pillars are vital structural supports to a house. They are always there whether hidden or visible by naked eye. Without these, no more house, only "cave".

Don't blame beam for creating "pressure" for marriage. Beams actually help supporting the roof. :rolleyes: No roof, rain pours, sunlight grills and no peace for sleeping, no to mention making love. Insufficient sleep results in bad mood and poor judgement therefore quarrels lah, fightings lah all come, many small pressures become one big pressure and one day "Pongggg". Tio bo?

There is a big beam cut off the kitchen. I heard it will gives "pressure" to marriage. Anyone know about this?

How to counter it?

Edited by bepgof

Hi

Any pic to see to better visualize?

---------------|  |------------------
  BASIN       STOVE    
               |  |        
               | B|
               | E|
               | A|
               | M|
               |  |

I only can think of avoiding stove but still kanna basin

hacked washing |  |   STOVE    
   machine     |  |        
---------------|  |    +--------------
               | B|  B |
               | E|  A |
               | A|  S |
               | M|  I |
               |  |  N |

I know that beams & pillars are vital structural supports to a house. They are always there whether hidden or visible by naked eye. Without these, no more house, only "cave".

Don't blame beam for creating "pressure" for marriage. Beams actually help supporting the roof. :rolleyes: No roof, rain pours, sunlight grills and no peace for sleeping, no to mention making love. Insufficient sleep results in bad mood and poor judgement therefore quarrels lah, fightings lah all come, many small pressures become one big pressure and one day "Pongggg". Tio bo?

i like your "logical-ness". :D

Thanks for sharing the drawing...

U need to find out how long u will be standing below the beam. If u are only standing below it for a few minutes each day, I think the adverse effects r neglegible.

But if u r sleeping below the beam, it's akin to cutting your body cut into half every night - most of us sleep at least 6 hours a day so that will have a significant impact on your health! It's no joke sleeping below it becox I had bad experiences myself. Not immediately but on a prolonged period of time.

I had a girlfriend who was told to make major alterations to reposition her stove & basin, fridge as the geomencer claimed that it's bad for her marriage.

She spent more than $10k renovating her kitchen when she first got married & bought that flat. But 8 years later, the marriage fell apart & she got divorced.

I do agree with bepgof that marriage needs 2 persons to make it work. My kitchen layout has an overlapping of both basin & stove & my fridge is directly opposite my stove. But my taiwanese master didn't recommend that we hack our kitchen.

And I do admit that we had a very tempestuous relationship for the first 5 years of my marriage becox of differing views & communication issues as a couple. But things worked out for us eventually and those obstacles brought us closer to each other. So nothing to do with our kitchen layout.

Even if u get your home audited for fengshui, implementing the recommendations might not achieve its potency unless u r doing other things right as a couple & as people. I think Lillian Too calls this the 3rd dimension fengshui.

My 2-cents worth :P

Edited by edenstrauss

Thanks for sharing the drawing...

U need to find out how long u will be standing below the beam. If u are only standing below it for a few minutes each day, I think the adverse effects r neglegible.

But if u r sleeping below the beam, it's akin to cutting your body cut into half every night - most of us sleep at least 6 hours a day so that will have a significant impact on your health! It's no joke sleeping below it becox I had bad experiences myself. Not immediately but on a prolonged period of time.

I had a girlfriend who was told to make major alterations to reposition her stove & basin, fridge as the geomencer claimed that it's bad for her marriage.

She spent more than $10k renovating her kitchen when she first got married & bought that flat. But 8 years later, the marriage fell apart & she got divorced.

I do agree with bepgof that marriage needs 2 persons to make it work. My kitchen layout has an overlapping of both basin & stove & my fridge is directly opposite my stove. But my taiwanese master didn't recommend that we hack our kitchen.

And I do admit that we had a very tempestuous relationship for the first 5 years of my marriage becox of differing views & communication issues as a couple. But things worked out for us eventually and those obstacles brought us closer to each other. So nothing to do with our kitchen layout.

Even if u get your home audited for fengshui, implementing the recommendations might not achieve its potency unless u r doing other things right as a couple & as people. I think Lillian Too calls this the 3rd dimension fengshui.

My 2-cents worth :P

Thanks but the unit was from a divorced couple. What to look out?

Wah u r a risk-taker!

But it all depends on your relationship with your spouse.

There are many flats with history of divorced owners but some who bought over those flats were happily married with many grandchildren during their old age.

So it all depends. But if it bothers u so much becox of the beam in the kitchen & the history of the flat, u might want to seek out professional help from a fengshui master.

Did u check with your neighbours what they did to their kitchen's beam?

Wah u r a risk-taker!

But it all depends on your relationship with your spouse.

There are many flats with history of divorced owners but some who bought over those flats were happily married with many grandchildren during their old age.

So it all depends. But if it bothers u so much becox of the beam in the kitchen & the history of the flat, u might want to seek out professional help from a fengshui master.

Did u check with your neighbours what they did to their kitchen's beam?

The whole block is the same but I guess there is something more than that. It is pretty bad to know that they are divorcing and selling out the flat. Personally, I feel sad for them and the children but no one can interfere with one family matter.

Come to think of that, there is something in their living room, a big big mirror. You can say I am superstitious.

The whole block is the same but I guess there is something more than that. It is pretty bad to know that they are divorcing and selling out the flat. Personally, I feel sad for them and the children but no one can interfere with one family matter.

Come to think of that, there is something in their living room, a big big mirror. You can say I am superstitious.

So have you removed the mirror?

BASIN       STOVE    
               |  |        
               | B|
               | E|
               | A|
               | M|
               |  |

I only can think of avoiding stove but still kanna basin

hacked washing |  |   STOVE    
   machine     |  |        
---------------|  |    +--------------
               | B|  B |
               | E|  A |
               | A|  S |
               | M|  I |
               |  |  N |

I think basin get it better than stove

ME too...I like to read his posts...logical & fun way of expression!

i like your "logical-ness". :D

Not my flat, the unit I am looking.

Hi skinny,

if that being the case, the best bet is to forgo the idea of buying this flat.

I'm also superstitious, very "pang-tang" type when it comes to the history of homes.

U need not worry about big mirrors being installed in the living room.

They r probabbly for decorative purposes or for fengshui. Huge mirrors are used to manifest positive energy that they (those mirrors) are facing.

But if it gives u an odd feeling when u look at it, then u better forget about buying the flat. So many flats around, no need to confine yourself to such a flat.

And also, flats which need to be sold within a specific timeframe based on divorce proceedings, should generally be a good bargain becox those owners are frequently arm-twisted to sell at low COV.

There are neighbours here who bought flats with such history at $0 COV or below valuation. And the family is doing very well; grandma who takes care of her daughters' kids & the couple never quarrel.