Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whazzup

Help.... Downstair Ceiling Is Leaking

Hi All,

My downstairs neighbor came up and said that their ceiling is dripping water just under my toilet. Considering that our block is old, we both agreed to split the costs equally. So I assume that I have to change my whole toilet floor? Hack + waterproofing? Any recomendations? Anyone has done it before? Any rough quote for these kinda works?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If your is HDB. Call Town Council 1st.

Let them access.

It is due to normal wear and tear.

Town Council might out of good will pay 50%, then the balance 50% will be share by u and ur neigbour.

HDB cost is est 1K per toilet floor.

I had the same problem but I am the downstairs unit. So went to hdb and hdb sent someone to access both units. Found out was upstairs didn't keep the toilet well so everything paid by upstairs unit.

Hi All,

My downstairs neighbor came up and said that their ceiling is dripping water just under my toilet. Considering that our block is old, we both agreed to split the costs equally. So I assume that I have to change my whole toilet floor? Hack + waterproofing? Any recomendations? Anyone has done it before? Any rough quote for these kinda works?

Hi,

If you need to change your toilet floor, your contractor would likely recommend changing wall tiles & all sanitary wares too. Which can amount to 5k-6k.

Usually they charge about $7.00psf for ceramic tiles (incl install) to about $9.00psf for homogeneous tiles (incl install). If your sqft count is very small, they would charge about $500 to $800 lump sum charge. A full toilet sanitary set is about $400 to $800.

Hope this helps,

Juliana

Thanks all for the replies. Got some PMs regarding the work from some people. Will go check that out first. Apparently the paint on the ceiling and wall started smearing and cracking too due to water. Anyone has any contacts to paint kitchen walls and ceiling? Any el-cheapo one will do...... i'll probably need them to do my house painting too. sianz... juz move in got so many problem... :(