Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steelze

Vacuum Cleaners Recommendation

Hi all, i am looking for vacuum cleaners. Been to Best Denki and other electrical shops over the past 2 weeks, noted various brands like:

Philips

Miele

Brosh

Dyson

Electrolux

Karcher

Rowenta

Samsung

My requirements are simple:

1. Budget of $350 and below;

2. Bagless;

3. Good suction;

4. Light weight;

5. For vacuuming homo flooirng, laminate flooring, L-box - clove light holder @ ceiling, carpet, mattress and sofa

Appreciate it if u guys can share with me your experience with your vacuum cleaners in terms of their durability and value for money. =) thank you thank you!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, i am looking for vacuum cleaners. Been to Best Denki and other electrical shops over the past 2 weeks, noted various brands like:

Philips

Miele

Brosh

Dyson

Electrolux

Karcher

Rowenta

Samsung

2. Bagless;

3. Good suction;

4. Light weight;

5. For vacuuming homo flooirng, laminate flooring, L-box - clove light holder @ ceiling, carpet, mattress and sofa

Appreciate it if u guys can share with me your experience with your vacuum cleaners in terms of their durability and value for money. =) thank you thank you!

top up your budget n go for dyson.

thanks all for the advice.. now most vacuum cleaners got hepa filter... what does it really do?

HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arresting) filters are for trapping of very fine particles. Personally I feel there's a difference between a vacuum cleaner that has a HEPA filter and one that doesn't

HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arresting) filters are for trapping of very fine particles. Personally I feel there's a difference between a vacuum cleaner that has a HEPA filter and one that doesn't

thanks for the advice.. still dunno which brand is reliable... what r u using personally?

thanks for the advice.. still dunno which brand is reliable... what r u using personally?

I am using Dyson for over the last few months. so far so good. good suction, and they have various 'head' or 'attachments' for various surfaces. easy removal of the waste. supposedly also has ability to remove dust mites fm beddings. its pricer compared to a few other brands, but still much cheaper than Rainbow.

2. Bagless;

3. Good suction;

4. Light weight;

Hello Steelz

Yes, I fully endorse yr #1-4 criteria bcoz those were the impt factors I used too. And on top of those criteria, you may want to i/c add'l critieria:

6. bagless - VCs are superceded by newer models after 2-3 yrs; had trouble buying new bag filters for VCs bought few yrs back (i/c explanation for other readers' benefit)

7. HEPA filter - impt if you hv sick family members and you don't want them to breathe in dust generated by non-HEPA VCs.

8. HEPA filter should be washable - for easy maintenance and cost and in case cannot find replement HEPA filter in future for my model

9. sound - my VC is too loud, may not be impt for you

10. durability : corded vs battery-charged - opted for corded as battery-charged last only few yrs, then hv to buy another VC

11. reliability : go for well-established reputable brand - see another thread re unknown Shimnono brand (no worries, I know u go for good expensive brand!) :P

12. design, type of fittings or accessories included, cost, color, length of suction hose, length of electrical cord are considered, special features (eg vacuum dust mite) too

I finally bought a simple Philips Bagless VC with HEPA filter, cost abt $120-30 during promotion at HN. But came with non-washable HEPA filter, and vacuuming sound quite loud. So not all my criteria were met but ok for me bcoz it was my FIRST bagless VC and I wanted a cheap bagless one to experience first-hand b4 I buy a more expensive model with washable HEPA filters. Washable is impt to avoid hassle of looking for replacements in future as current models are superceded. Mfr'ers usually come out with new models after few yrs to "force" or entice buyers to shell out for another VC.

So far, after 1 yr usage, using only 2-3 times per week (i'm lazy! :D ) have had no single problem with it at all.

cheers

Edited by BlueFly

Go for Philips e.g. FC8734. cheaper and good. Most accessory are available in major store. If you want better vaccum , the price is above 1K . My older Philips vaccum cleaner last for 8 yrs.