Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
emobebe

Sofa With The Back Face To Main Door? Good Or Bad?

Hi,

Need some advise here....

Does anyone know whether it is good or bad when you have you a sofa with the back facing the Main Door?

EmoBebe

Hi

I'm new to this forum and happen to see your post and noticed that your flat floorplan is quite similar to my own although main door position is different..

I would say that to maintain some privacy, you may want to consider having feature wall for your TV..thou it would look smaller for your living room.. just my thoughts.. my sofa is diag from my main door.. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi mae29,

I agree with bepgof's comments about the blockage & irritation becox I felt irritated & didn't want to enter my neighbour's flat. If I'm a potential buyer, I would stop at the door & turn down the flat straight away.

Big events? Do u mean disasters? Tragedies?

It can be a quarrel or fight if one's mood is influenced by the cluttering when you step into the house with things blocking in front of you, especially when one come back exhausted his / her energy from work.

Can you imagine if you angrily come back home, open the door, the sofa or chair is right in front and you tripped and fell...what would you do? I guess you prabably pick up that chair & throw at ????

Edited by mae29

Yes u r right :)

I'll be so irritated when I come back to a home clattered with things.

And moreover, HDB flats are getting smaller & smaller... so it's best to keep it neat & free of clutter.

How about buying a partition or divider and place it behind your sofa, partition or divider should be high enough so that when visitor come, they cannot see you sitting on the sofa.

Yes u r right :)

I'll be so irritated when I come back to a home clattered with things.

And moreover, HDB flats are getting smaller & smaller... so it's best to keep it neat & free of clutter.

I agree. But with three little princesses running around, "free of clutter" is a goal I can only try to work towards.

I agree. But with three little princesses running around, "free of clutter" is a goal I can only try to work towards.

Thanks for all input so far. I still haven't finalized yet. Each of you giving me an interesting ideas. I love it!!

Emobebe