Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XZY

Anyone Purchase Aircon From All Best @ Imm Recently?

hi can update the situation. appreciate

Hi Everyone

I had a very bad experience with Allbest too, went to CASE & now to Small Claims Tribunal.

Just 1 year after installation, there is water leakage & subsequently wire got burnt in my master bedroom.
I had to engage another Company to repair the wire as it is so difficult to get an appointment from them.
Then I was told that they did a poor installation job.
I had to tear down the cement used to conceal the trunking for them to redo the insulation & they refused to pay for the costs.
Now they replaced the insulation of my masterbedroom but burnt the wire of my living room & 3rd bedroom aircon units.
As these wires are concealed behind the cabinets, they insisted on not paying for the costs in removing the backing.
They claimed that I am responsible to provide the access for them to carry out the repair work.
This is ridiculous!!
The 5 years extended warranty is all bull****!
Please do not keep quiet, we must fight for our rights as consumers.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

won't recommend buying from All Best, salesman at the shop said the removal of the existing air con fees can be waived and any site survey will warrant a $80 charge. Because I bought a re-sale flat, so definitely will need to remove the existing air con to plaster my wall and also another site survey to discuss where the trucking are for my false celling etc.

They went ahead to charge me $80 for removal and another $80 for site survey with strictly NO ROOM for nego. Way too rigid to run a business this way. Salesman later backed out saying the removal charge cannot be waived.

Just sharing my bed experience. Definitely my first and last time with ALL BEST.

• Like 1

For air-con purchase, it is best that you buy from shops or departmental stores that have good reputation. This is usually the most costly appliances for our home and it has alot of after-sales service required.

I think shops like All Best with its "reputation", we should just stay as far as possible away from them. Don't create problems for ourselves.

I usually only buy on recommended shops by family and friends, so it give me an extra assurance for it.

Got my Panasonic system 3 inverter @ $2648 from neighborhood shop called EJ electrcal at AMK ave 4. At least the boss is more than willing to share his views with me and I can buy within by budget. Installing is fast and the material used is good. End of the day, we do not want to have trouble after a few years (depending on how we use it too).

Good lucks to all hunters out there!

Hi Renotalk members, i plan to buy Mitsubishi Starmex but unsure who to buy from?

I was told to buy direct from Mitsubishi dealer and installer, anyone has their direct contact?

Or will you buy from All Best, Best Denki, Best Tech, Courts, Gain City, Giant or NTUC?

Anyone bought from IMM outlet in 2013 or 2014? So far how is the aircon?

Most complains were due to installation. Is there any website to check if they use in-house ISO well trained staff, and not from unknown 3rd party like who installed wrong copper wires or missing parts which leads to leakage and breakdown?

Any recommendation?

Share my experience from all best from IMM

My set bought last yr Oct 2014, so far so good..

They have many Aircon installed team, their price was very compotitor and all most lower than others.

They quote me Starmex sys 3 with extended up to 5 yrs is around 2700 ++ only.

dismantle sys 2 old Aircon for 100 & new S/S bracket was 150.

For me is nothing wrong, cause the overall price still less than 3k.

Also thier workmanship is quite well and done for the overall trucking job.

For our Aircon today still cold like new :)

Everything was depend on luck.

Guest Zynn Ng

If you are tinking of purchase an aircon or any of ur frz and relatives getting an aircon, Pls advised them not to purchase at BEST TECH... I have purchased a system 3 fr them in 2010, after a month start to have problem like aircon not cold and pool of water at master bedroom... called for servicing, but their technician always say nothng wrong with my unit... after calling them a few times, nothng has been solved and they are always late for the appt... i have already give up with their after sales services...

Until recently, thng get worst... copper pipe corrupted and gas leakage, trucking got fungus and both master bedroom n my bedroom got water dripping from the trunking... called other services company, they came dw and told due to the bad installation and bad copper pipes quality tat y I got all tis problem... suggested me to called them again...

Got no choice but to call best tech, managed to talk to the service mgr and arrange him to come dw to chk out... to my surprise, he came empty handed then hw he gg to chk? After talking for 45min, he keep telling mi the theory of the water fr the trunking and blah blah... so I getting veri impatient, started rise my voice, STOP TELLING MI ALL THE THEORY OR STORY I'M NOT INTERESTED, I WANT SOLUTIONS FROM UR SIDE... I have requested him to give the quotation for changing 2 sets and 3 sets of copper piping to email to me on 8th Jan 2016 and remind him is veri urgent, waited the whole day but no email from him.. called on monday but on leave, and leave a msg to his colleague to ask him call mi bk tues first thng in the morning but did not call and juz received email from him in the afternoon with the prices and not even a proper proposal... ask him to arrange for installation but told me earlier is after CNY in March 2016.. ask him to help as the aircon gas can only last 1 mth, but not willing to help...

In Short, DO NOT GET FROM BEST TECH!! Or u will regret like mi!!! Bad after sales services, bad attitude installation and bad quality!!!

Told him about a lot of negative comment from the website... he told mi not to believe them... those negative comment, will warn them to remove or they will sue them!!! But I myself having tis problem... for those who still insist to buy fr BEST TECH, GOOD LUCK TO U!!!

My view about getting new air con for BTO.

I would suggest new BTO owner to install new air con with those small time air con service company.

They are the one going daily to do the maintenance and fixing it.

If you get the air con from them , most probably, they will also get the service contract.

So it does not make sense to them to screw up air con.

Because later , they are the one who "die" also .

Anyway who use maintenance service from best tech or gain city. It so expensive and every time u get a difference service guy.

I prefer small time company who knows my system in and out.

Don ask me for contact, if give liao, my air con guy will be just busy preparing quote. No need to do work liao.

I suggest ask around ppl who have air con (which I believe is quite common item now) .

I bought my system 3 Toshiba with All Best around 3 years back. All best craftmanship really dishonest. They did left out my water pipe wide open without installing insulation. Hence I have very bad condensation and cause my wood floor cracking due to piping issue. Even vouchers that they give to offset maintenance, its also bull**** only allow 1 voucher of 10 dollars for 1 service. So even they give me alot also pointless they can over charge me and offset the vouncher. Due to their lousy workmanship the whole set of piping need to change and cost me 1040 to change whole piping. Hence making me to change a new set of air con. Never buy from All Best. If you want to buy from all best you need to do alot of homework first dont get cheated. And also, Dont because cheap then take. And just for info, courts are giving 3 years warranty for piping. Why they dare to guarantee that? because their workmanship solid. 

Edited by Sim Da

On 1/14/2016 at 11:41 AM, Guest Zynn Ng said:

If you are tinking of purchase an aircon or any of ur frz and relatives getting an aircon, Pls advised them not to purchase at BEST TECH... I have purchased a system 3 fr them in 2010, after a month start to have problem like aircon not cold and pool of water at master bedroom... called for servicing, but their technician always say nothng wrong with my unit... after calling them a few times, nothng has been solved and they are always late for the appt... i have already give up with their after sales services...

Until recently, thng get worst... copper pipe corrupted and gas leakage, trucking got fungus and both master bedroom n my bedroom got water dripping from the trunking... called other services company, they came dw and told due to the bad installation and bad copper pipes quality tat y I got all tis problem... suggested me to called them again...

Got no choice but to call best tech, managed to talk to the service mgr and arrange him to come dw to chk out... to my surprise, he came empty handed then hw he gg to chk? After talking for 45min, he keep telling mi the theory of the water fr the trunking and blah blah... so I getting veri impatient, started rise my voice, STOP TELLING MI ALL THE THEORY OR STORY I'M NOT INTERESTED, I WANT SOLUTIONS FROM UR SIDE... I have requested him to give the quotation for changing 2 sets and 3 sets of copper piping to email to me on 8th Jan 2016 and remind him is veri urgent, waited the whole day but no email from him.. called on monday but on leave, and leave a msg to his colleague to ask him call mi bk tues first thng in the morning but did not call and juz received email from him in the afternoon with the prices and not even a proper proposal... ask him to arrange for installation but told me earlier is after CNY in March 2016.. ask him to help as the aircon gas can only last 1 mth, but not willing to help...

In Short, DO NOT GET FROM BEST TECH!! Or u will regret like mi!!! Bad after sales services, bad attitude installation and bad quality!!!

Told him about a lot of negative comment from the website... he told mi not to believe them... those negative comment, will warn them to remove or they will sue them!!! But I myself having tis problem... for those who still insist to buy fr BEST TECH, GOOD LUCK TO U!!!

Dear Zynn,

Since you bought the system in year 2010 and is already giving you problem, I would suggest you to remove and reinstall the trunking as it's already 2016.  Aircon gas can only last for 1 month means the gas is leaking somewhere.  I am not aircon technican but such leaking they might be able to check on the spot as after they top up the gas, the aircon will be cold.  The 5 years warranty for your aircon has expired and it's no point for you to call in the original brand company for checking as if it's the compressor problem, then you will need to pay for the repair cost and it might not worth it.

Any latest review on AllBest? Prices are really competitive. Asked them about the description of the piping and insulation they use, they are not willing to share. Just standard set.

Ok since i last asked and read all the reviews on the net if I should be buying from ALL BEST, I've went ahead to by from them because they offered the most competitive price.

I bought the LG system 4 for the price of $3,299. That is effectively a system 3 price for sys 4 unit. I also bought it from ALL BEST at IMM and salesman is Andy. It comes with a cash back of $350 GIANT Vouchers from LG (which i have collected already) so effectively it's less than $3k for a sys4. 

When the installation guy came, they told me that the current existing pipes are already the good 1/2 inch kind (the default installation come with 3/8 inch kind of pipes) and there's no need to change the pipes. For that i got a $150 refund (which they will be sending a chq from their head office). They did give service vouchers and it's used per fan coil unit which the salesman did acknowledge that it isn't that attractive and most complained abt on the net.

It has been a week since it's been installed and it's all good so far.

So here's the latest review for ALL BEST. I know some of the comments and experience shared here are bad ones and I'm sorry that u have encountered those...i took a gamble too after reading those comments. But the price is too attractive to pass up and thank God all is good.

So yeah....go ahead...i would say it's safe to buy from them....