Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Had some astronomical quotations but went with the ID we felt gave us a fair price. Checked your t-blog, and it's lower than what you were quoted (>50k).

What I'm obsessed about finding out is those LED sensor illuminated mirrors! Where to find!

21.jpg

MilanoCloseUp.jpg

you can find them in IMM

think the shop name is Excel Asia

i am not comfortable with this shop though

EDIT: oops.. saw that you already bought

Edited by bobztoise

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i got my garmin gps watches , books , irobot, honeywell wireless door bell, citizen watches, baremineral makeup , bath and body works , pillows?, simple human products and many more from AMAzon it's alot cheaper

I got my biometric lock, faucet tap, iPhone (first gen) when it first launched and not available in Singapore .. and many other things .. all in good condition and working fine + alot cheaper

We need a support group, reglxt. Online Shoppers Annoymous.

wow!!! then i have to learn how to shop online. :dribble:

I even purchased my ROM dress from eBay - a BCBG dress for $49. Rock and Republic jeans for $4.25, Nine West shoes for $3.90, Under Armour sports bras for $9, True Religion jeans for $30 - $60, 7x boyshorts for $4.99 - all brand new with tags. Because my size is pretty standard, I can get most of my clothes online from major brands. Got a matching Coach wallet and bag for $80 for my brother's gf. An iPod armband cost about $2, 6x iPhone screen guards are $0.99, dog e-collar for $0.99, expensive multi-vitamins for about $6ea. I got my Dior Gaucho bag second hand for $20. Now I'm building my Blu-ray collection - $4.30 for S.W.A.T, LOTR Trilogy Blu Ray for $31, Avatar Extended for $10.

With petfood and supplies, it's sooo much cheaper with Singapore online sites like doggyfriend.com.sg and kohe pets. Free delivery and their rewards system is much better.

With bulkier items, it will be better getting them shipped directly, or via Amazon (some items have international shipping), or check rates online with Borderlinx first using dimensions and weight. Pretty sure you get some nice discounts if you're a first time user of vPost. Only difference is that you'd have to manually update your invoices to Vpost (I highlight and bold every necessary field so it's easier for them to key into the system) but sometimes, this can be a lot more clearer than the computerised system of Borderlinx since their descriptions of items are very vague. They do, however, have 24hr online chat support which really helps. Both vPost and Borderlinx have very similiar postage rates (without discount promotions etc). vPost takes about a week to deliver, whereas Borderlinx takes about 3 days via DHL. With Borderlinx, you'd need a Citibank card, but their delivery schedules are more flexible for those working and don't want their parcels delivered to the office.

Have fun shopping May Dream! Muahaha!

-Ely

you can find them in IMM

think the shop name is Excel Asia

i am not comfortable with this shop though

EDIT: oops.. saw that you already bought

Thanks anyway :) Think I was at this shop too and their retail prices were over the top.

I even purchased my ROM dress from eBay - a BCBG dress for $49. Rock and Republic jeans for $4.25, Nine West shoes for $3.90, Under Armour sports bras for $9, True Religion jeans for $30 - $60, 7x boyshorts for $4.99 - all brand new with tags. Because my size is pretty standard, I can get most of my clothes online from major brands. Got a matching Coach wallet and bag for $80 for my brother's gf. An iPod armband cost about $2, 6x iPhone screen guards are $0.99, dog e-collar for $0.99, expensive multi-vitamins for about $6ea. I got my Dior Gaucho bag second hand for $20. Now I'm building my Blu-ray collection - $4.30 for S.W.A.T, LOTR Trilogy Blu Ray for $31, Avatar Extended for $10.

With petfood and supplies, it's sooo much cheaper with Singapore online sites like doggyfriend.com.sg and kohe pets. Free delivery and their rewards system is much better.

With bulkier items, it will be better getting them shipped directly, or via Amazon (some items have international shipping), or check rates online with Borderlinx first using dimensions and weight. Pretty sure you get some nice discounts if you're a first time user of vPost. Only difference is that you'd have to manually update your invoices to Vpost (I highlight and bold every necessary field so it's easier for them to key into the system) but sometimes, this can be a lot more clearer than the computerised system of Borderlinx since their descriptions of items are very vague. They do, however, have 24hr online chat support which really helps. Both vPost and Borderlinx have very similiar postage rates (without discount promotions etc). vPost takes about a week to deliver, whereas Borderlinx takes about 3 days via DHL. With Borderlinx, you'd need a Citibank card, but their delivery schedules are more flexible for those working and don't want their parcels delivered to the office.

-Ely

I don't think you all need "Online Shoppers Annoymous".

You need to start teaching courses and educating people on saving money and getting gd bargains thru online shopping!

I'll definitely sign up. i'm noob. :(

-Ely

wah... sound complicated leh. what is borderlinx? what can i get there? i only heard of amazon and vpost.

:dunno:

wah... sound complicated leh. what is borderlinx? what can i get there? i only heard of amazon and vpost.

:dunno:

Borderlinx is a consignment merchant, just like vPost - except they hold your items for 1 month free instead of 2 weeks (vPost, you pay each week thereafter) in order to consolidate your parcels and save on shipping. Borderlinx REQUIRES a Citibank card though - you can sign up here: http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credit_card...lobeshopper.htm

Registration for both are free, and both have online cost calculator so do a little research before deciding how to ship. This is most effective if 1) certain online shops only post to US/UK/Japan (with vPost, you have a Japan address too) 2) Shipping relatively small items and those that offer free national shipping (so you don't pay shipping twice) 3) Some online shops only accept US credit cards - then you can utilise the concierge service for free, and they do the buying for you.

There are always promos, so keep an eye out. Borderlinx just had a 15% discount that ended Jan, and before that, there was a 30% shipping discount - unlimited usage. I go to RetailMeNot for discount codes. vPost's promotions are stated on their website.

With eBay, you'd require a PayPal account - free to set up and extremely user-friendly. I have several addresses I can ship to (Singapore and Borderlinx and vPost) and several credit cards so I can choose which with every transaction.

May seem daunting when you start out, but it'll all really easy :)

Good luck!

one good example of what is cheap on ebay

bumper.jpg

one iphone 4 bumper in SG will cost you minimum of $10 but through ebay you can get it below USD 1 - some provides free shipping

:o:drunk: i know it can be quite cheap online provided the shipping is worth it. really need to work it all out.... or maybe when you both is going to order something, let me know.... can tumpang???

Whee! More purchases (and the concurrent Electrolux vs Bosch dilemma):

TV for Master Bedroom:

UE32C5000QW_image4_medium_1.jpg

TV for Living Room:

Sony-BRAVIA-NX710.jpg

Home Theatre is officially done!

Wine chiller:

Bosch_KTW18V80GB.jpg

Also succumbed and bought the square steel traps because I realised we needed more for the house ;)

Whee! More purchases (and the concurrent Electrolux vs Bosch dilemma):

TV for Master Bedroom:

UE32C5000QW_image4_medium_1.jpg

TV for Living Room:

Sony-BRAVIA-NX710.jpg

Home Theatre is officially done!

Wine chiller:

Bosch_KTW18V80GB.jpg

Also succumbed and bought the square steel traps because I realised we needed more for the house ;)

get any brand as long as not from korea... Their reliability is "outstanding"

get any brand as long as not from korea... Their reliability is "outstanding"

Ooh, should I change the Samsung then? I only chose it because it's thinner, and it's meant to swivel in the bedroom so I thought thinner would be nicer. Same price for a Sony.

Ooh, should I change the Samsung then? I only chose it because it's thinner, and it's meant to swivel in the bedroom so I thought thinner would be nicer. Same price for a Sony.

From personal and friend's experience with Korea products, Japanese might be a better choice. BTW LED got 2 types, Edge and Direct. TV Manufacturer like Samsung uses edge LED at the side of the LCD so that the panel is thinner. If you have bigger panel of more than 46", chances are the middle portion of the TV will be slightly darker compare to the corners. IMO I rather buy normal LCD rather than edge LCD since the price difference is not justifiable. Phillips and LG uses Direct LED which makes their panel more thicker compare to Edge LED due to extra tiny extra LED bulbs behind the LCD Panel. This results in pictures with better contrast and colours. A better article to read is here.