Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Got our digital door lock too:

cbe9caa5_5b5ed3ba_40b7_4e06_9f05_9a22bc3

-Ely

Oooh.. How much you got that for? Thinking of getting a digital lock too.. Is that a keypad only lock? No thumbprint recognition?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
From the various little posts u have updated, can see that you are also very polite to your ID. Someone who will simply laugh it off first when mistakes were made and slowly discussed with your ID to solve the issues. Hence, your ID reciprocate your kindness :) It's always a two-way thingy. You deserved it :D

Thanks friends78 (I know we're the same age too! :)), I certainly hope so! I even wrote him a long email to express our apologies and gratitude when we once called him and he sounded a little irritated. Turned out that we simply caught him at a bad time but I think he was touched that I made the effort to apologise. When he said he wanted to replace the BLING in his car, I sent him the cheapest ebay links, and even got him a laser pointer-led torch-pen because he remarked once how difficult it was to use the measuring tape to point at certain parts of the house!

I do think it's the smallest things that touch people, and I really appreciate it when I have a good working relationship with people. Everyone seems to need gestures of friendship, gratitude, love - and I love to give them. (This could be The Friend profile about me!!).

-Ely

Oooh.. How much you got that for? Thinking of getting a digital lock too.. Is that a keypad only lock? No thumbprint recognition?

Hi eggroe,

This is the Samsung Ezon Shs-5110, comes with 4 touch keys. No thumbprint recognition because it's something I don't want - I get stopped everytime at Singapore Customs because my thumbprint thingy doesn't work - have to always go to the counter and manually get in! Faulty thumbprint omgah! :P Last thing I want is to get stuck outside my door, trying both thumbs and wiping and re-trying and cursing my too-subtle thumbprints! :rolleyes:

I paid S$260 for it, with expedited shipping.

PRODUCT FEATURES

High tech touch type features

Comes in a sleek functional design

ESD resistant

Safe and secure access method

Intelligent Alarming Features

Touch Key/Pin Entry/ Remote Control access method

Emergency battery terminal

Emergency mechanical key

Safe Button feature

Automatic Lock/Relock functions

Double locking mechanism

Anti-fire system

Here are the specs:

Key: Touch key(Code Hopping) & PIN

User Capacity(Max.): 20 Touch keys/1 PIN combination

Password: 5~12 Digits number combination

Type: Door Handle/Internal Deadbolt

Applicable door depth: 1.57"~1.97"(40~50 mm)

Material: Zn, Al, ABS plastic, Tempered Glass

Humidity: 20% ~ 80%

Power: DC 6V(Alkaline AA Battery 4pcs)

Battery lifetime: 12 months(average 10 uses per day)

Outbody: 3.2" x 11.8" x 0.8"(82 x 299 x 20mm:WxHxD)

Inbody: 3.1" x 12.5" x 1.2" (78 x 318 x 31mm:WxHxD)

Package: 11.7" x 14.4" x 4.7"(297 x 366 x 120mm:WxHxD)

- Ely

well said! :) while ID themselves should minimize mistakes, no ID likes working with a customer that grumbles and scolds him on every mistake made~ politely discussing and solving problems together is the way to go. good for you Ely~ :)

Thanks Marshy! :) I think it's simple really - treat others like how you would like to be treated yourself :)

On the other hand, I cannot tolerate incompetence and can become very impatient, so I'm just glad I have an ID I trust so completely. Was soooo touched when he brought his whole family down to the dog adoption drive!! He didn't end up adopting any but it was still a really sweet gesture. :)

I've read all sorts of horror stories on RT so this is a HUGE relief for me. I cannot imagine what some go through - like IDs disappearing on them after payment, the back-and-forth arguments on RT itself, the irrevocable blunders that some IDs make that require the hiring of ANOTHER ID to rectify - scary!

-Ely

Tell him Mr. Yong referred you - he knows my husband, not me. I honestly don't know him personally but I was shocked at how much cheaper he was compared to May Dream's, which was the main reason I wrote about him. I think he's reliable and easy going and very, very patient. No job too troublesome, or small, and he simply make the necessary changes without being disgruntled, even when we/ID make mistakes, causing him to move ALL the switches to another wall. His prices are extremely reasonable. Hope it works out for you!

-Ely

It's not just mine that are that expensive. I think most are around the same pricing. I might not be able to get him as mine already need to start electrical by thurs. :(

Your digital lock is really cheap!!! I get other model, with fingerprint which is more expensive. Maybe I buy locally which incl warranty and installation. Less headache for me. :)

Purchase updates!

Got our digital door lock too:

cbe9caa5_5b5ed3ba_40b7_4e06_9f05_9a22bc3

-Ely

Hi Ely

Have been following your blog and indeed a huge apartment u have congrats.

I too would be moving in to my 1300 sg ft apt in 3 weeks time but would not have the luxury of full reno

Could you share the link where u got the digi lock from? It's surprisingly cheap

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ely

Have been following your blog and indeed a huge apartment u have congrats.

I too would be moving in to my 1300 sg ft apt in 3 weeks time but would not have the luxury of full reno

Could you share the link where u got the digi lock from? It's surprisingly cheap

Thanks in advance.

Hi gap,

Thanks for stopping by :) Congrats on your new apartment! 1300sqft is very sizeable indeed - hope to see your reno progress on RT blog too!

I had no idea it was THAT cheap. We actually picked the more expensive model. Here are the links nonetheless - all from eBay. True to their word, they shipping it about 1hr after I made purchase so expedited shipping would take 4-6 business days.

All from Samsung, shipped from Korea:

DS-16 - $120 w/ free shipping

SHS-2010 - S$140 w/ free shipping

SHS-1320 - S$158 w/ free shipping

SHS-1110 - S$144 w/ free shipping

SHS-5110 - S$259 (inclusive of shipping)

Happy online shopping! *muahaha*

-Ely

MORE PURCHASES!!

Chair frenzy this time:

Charles Kartell ghost bar stools x4:

37e6d7a1d8d5.png

Kartell Victoria chair:

ghost_chair.jpg

Eames wire chair:

Chair-1029.jpg

Barcelona ottoman in brown x2:

Barcelona_style_brown_ottoman.jpg

-Ely

arghhh elly! ebay, my credit card company, paypal - all should take commission from you.

i clicked on your link and now I am hooked. but thanks for the links - good things must share hor?

btw in return, i saw that you are chair shopping. I saw similar (but not the same i assume hehehe) chairs at gnee hong at eunos ind estate. you can google or go to my blog - might want to check it out if you are looking for chairs :) not the cheapest but the range is good.

Edited by hafiizh

Hi gap,

Thanks for stopping by :) Congrats on your new apartment! 1300sqft is very sizeable indeed - hope to see your reno progress on RT blog too!

I had no idea it was THAT cheap. We actually picked the more expensive model. Here are the links nonetheless - all from eBay. True to their word, they shipping it about 1hr after I made purchase so expedited shipping would take 4-6 business days.

All from Samsung, shipped from Korea:

DS-16 - $120 w/ free shipping

SHS-2010 - S$140 w/ free shipping

SHS-1320 - S$158 w/ free shipping

SHS-1110 - S$144 w/ free shipping

SHS-5110 - S$259 (inclusive of shipping)

Happy online shopping! *muahaha*

-Ely

Many thanks Ely

won't be doing a blog as gotta move in first and slowly do part by part cos have school going kids.

Imagine after move in all of us will cramp in one room while the place is being painted and the TV console installed :(

Well the best part of it is the buying of furniture and electronics , everything new :D

thanks again for the links.

Can't wait to see your completed project