Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Too late, Marshy - Asthma is pretty full-blown now. Hitting the clinic in the evening. Am now stationed in the balcony with doors closed so won't be exposed to dust/debris/plaster.

*Big squeeze* Thanks for the lub! Doing the shoot in Sept :)

- Ely

Hi Ely,

Sorry to hear about your asthma. If you're already sleeping at your apartment do consider sinking your credit card even further with a high quality air purifier. A couple of the best brands are Allen and Swiss IQ Air. They can give you a good clean air supply in a closed room such as the bedroom in a matter of hours helping to trap the dust and other asthma triggers. Keeping the rest of the house as open as possible to vent out the VOC's etc. from new furniture, varnishes, glue, paint etc.can also help if you can handle the heat/humidity.

Hope you feel better very soon so you can fully enjoy your new home!

Cheers RMG

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Good to see you back here.

I need something to do during the day now I am back at work :P.

Where did you go to choose your wallpaper as my BiL was asking about it yesterday. Does anyone have nay experience of wallpaper in a non-aircon environment here is Singapore ? Any issues with pealing or mould ?

Also where did you get your decals. We bought some of a push card at Tamp mall but are not so impressed. It would be nice to add one to our stairs light box.

Keep on having fun and if you are going to be doing a lux shower commercial immitation, think of all us poor guys who are not there and video it :o:D.

RB

Oh, RB, is that a serious question? Um, decals were bought online? :P

Lots of decal sites now - decorette, winkplay, modishop - some on eBay and Amazon are cheaper if you know what you're looking for (quotations especially). Had one customised from Modishop (local) as well as online (etsy). Local online decal stores are priced very competitively so google about but the designs seem pretty uniform throughout. What patterns/design are you looking at? I can help you source. :) I have one especially made for Renotalk :P

As mentioned, no Lux Ad as I have DOORS. Completely wasted energy of sucking in stomach, arching back and bendy poses, whilst cooing about soaping difficult areas with perpetual pout, if there's doors imo. The Husband too intrigued by HTS atm to notice much else. :P

Will have pictures up soon-ish. :D Still awaiting last piece of art then I'll have some pics for you guys :)Btw, Whatsapp May Dream with pic of updated guest amenities shelf now with Gucci Envy eau de parfum, mind you :P

Wallpaper from Norbu - great service if you ask me and at half the price I was quoted from "cheap" recommendations. I took them up after seeing their post on Renotalk and wasn't disappointed. Call Jesper at 9011 6198. Can't say about the wallpaper as only had them done last Sat, but have wallpaper in all rooms at my parents house for years and years and they hold up just fine.

- Ely

Well, guys, my ID said there's no reason for me to close the blog down, though he's suitably embarrassed by the huge delay. None of these problems, apparently, concern the ID firm, simply the sub-cons and sheer bad luck.

Due to some personal requests, here's a less-comprehensive, non-technical revival of the blog :)

DID ANYONE MISS ME? :wub:

Also felt that it's only right to complete what I started (this blog) in all fairness to the ID firm and my ID - with pictures eventually. The end result should reflect on the ID firm more than my ongoing complaints, yes? We've moved in despite a few outstanding jobs but the plastering and paint and dust and unpacking is really getting to me and my asthma and allergies have escalated beyond manageable. Am going to postpone the pre-wedding photo shoot because there is no way I can do with a really horrible rash all over

DAY 98~~

Some of you might be proud that I eventually did snap, though I felt so terrible afterwards. Got really pissed off at being dismissed and being fed stupid excuses. (No more specifics about jobs/project management~)

Touch-up painting is done today, though very wary because of all the furniture and omg my gorgeous sheets. ID has given strict instructions to ensure everything is protected and then to clean up thoroughly after done. A series of bad luck, not sure why and it's getting "sian"

- Kettle spoiled during first time use

- Have nfi how to transfer files to the AC Ryan NAS. Not sure if losing my geek touch or what. Still juggling like **** between all the controls of the HTS, and am too sick and disenchanted to set up networking properly and go through the manuals.

- Novita filtered jug is a piece of c.r.a.p - felt like throwing it away upon first use.

- Air con is no longer cold

- Self-installed digital lock is being wonky and eating batteries daily.

- Brand new modem router failed and Singtel tech spent an hour trying to "fix" my connection.

- Singtel gave us the wrong telephone number after making us choose from a list. So we had to re-pick another despite having that number written on every warranty we've sent out.

- Dog howling everyday, and toddler wailing

POSITIVES

May's shelving contact came through and they put it together in 20mins. Very impressed. Love the storeroom shelving!

Wallpaper was done well. Common bedroom's not as pretty as I'd expected but that was my pick so /shrug. Master's was exactly what I wanted though. :)

Custom decal arriving today, from Modishop. None have been put up yet but there would be 4. :) Can't wait to hit Ikea for cheap frames so I can put up my own art.

WISHLIST

For someone who doesn't do manicures of facials, I've never imagined NEEDING a manicure and a facial so badly in my life. Hands have blisters from chemical burns and abrasions. Nails used to scrape off plastering are in inexcusable state.

Professional Packer

Hate unpacking with a vengeance. Hate the boxes and clutter. Hate having my head hurt because I'm so confused as to where to start and what goes where. The wet/dry segregation of the kitchens also make it so much worse in deciding what stuff to go in either or both. Hate the dust that is making my life ****.

Bigger wardrobes

Gawd, there simply is never enough space. Had to throw out several pairs of my shoes /cry and many had to stacked in order to fit into the shoe cabinet. Not even space for bags! or clothes! Or anything!! wru personal 23ft wardrobe. I so want a Mariah~

- Ely

oh dear, that's not good... i'd offer to come over with booze but that might just make the asthma and allergies worse! am in desperate need of alcohol now too!

Hi Ely,

Sorry to hear about your asthma. If you're already sleeping at your apartment do consider sinking your credit card even further with a high quality air purifier. A couple of the best brands are Allen and Swiss IQ Air. They can give you a good clean air supply in a closed room such as the bedroom in a matter of hours helping to trap the dust and other asthma triggers. Keeping the rest of the house as open as possible to vent out the VOC's etc. from new furniture, varnishes, glue, paint etc.can also help if you can handle the heat/humidity.

Hope you feel better very soon so you can fully enjoy your new home!

Cheers RMG

Hi RMG,

Thanks for the advice. Once the final works are done, I'll get on the nebulizer in the evening, then head home to finish the unpacking. Tomorrow will be a thorough clean. Yes, hoping to enjoy the home soon despite the setbacks. ID was so exceptionally sweet today, made sure I stayed barricaded in the balcony and even offered to send me to the hospital because he said I looked really bad (gee, really made me feel ready for a Lux ad enactment). He got the painters to vacuum everything up and told me to warn him should my wheezing get worse.

Painting isn't even close to 70% perfect but I think it's the best they could do. Not sure why either but the bubbles kept resurfacing despite their sanding and plastering. Will let it rest as I can no longer take the dust and chemicals.

Will look into air filters but my previous experience with one didn't help at all, and it was a large standing one that cost $500+. :(

- Ely

Oh, RB, is that a serious question? Um, decals were bought online? :P

Now don't you get cheeky with me young lady...... :D

Lots of decal sites now - decorette, winkplay, modishop - some on eBay and Amazon are cheaper if you know what you're looking for (quotations especially). Had one customised from Modishop (local) as well as online (etsy). Local online decal stores are priced very competitively so google about but the designs seem pretty uniform throughout. What patterns/design are you looking at? I can help you source. :) I have one especially made for Renotalk :P

I was thinking about something coming from the side wall along the light box. A tree branch or something like that. A lot we saw on the push carts has white backing which is really no good for our light yellow walls. I shall have a browse and let you know.

As mentioned, no Lux Ad as I have DOORS. Completely wasted energy of sucking in stomach, arching back and bendy poses, whilst cooing about soaping difficult areas with perpetual pout, if there's doors imo. The Husband too intrigued by HTS atm to notice much else. :P

Oh it doesn't have to be at your place. You could video it for your hubby for when his HTS desire drops :good:. I am sure he would only distribute to a few people :bath:. :P .

Will have pictures up soon-ish. :D Still awaiting last piece of art then I'll have some pics for you guys :)Btw, Whatsapp May Dream with pic of updated guest amenities shelf now with Gucci Envy eau de parfum, mind you :P

Cool, pics are always good.

Wallpaper from Norbu - great service if you ask me and at half the price I was quoted from "cheap" recommendations. I took them up after seeing their post on Renotalk and wasn't disappointed. Call Jesper at 9011 6198. Can't say about the wallpaper as only had them done last Sat, but have wallpaper in all rooms at my parents house for years and years and they hold up just fine.

Thanks Ely, have passed the info on.

Rb

:yamseng: Welcome back! Miss u deep deep!!! Get well soon!

Whee! Friends78 <3

Thanks for your kind msges via Whatsapp - so appreciated.

Smile moment of the day:

Used my Cuisinart Brew Central coffeemaker for the first time - mmMMmm. It's still morning if I hadn't had my coffee :P

Don't worry, should be feeling much better once I get my meds later. The rash, well, Vit E by the bottles I guess.

- Ely

oh dear, that's not good... i'd offer to come over with booze but that might just make the asthma and allergies worse! am in desperate need of alcohol now too!

Oh Patsy,

You'll get along just great with boyblunder :lol:

Won't be detrimental to the asthma, but the allergy-related rash. Bleh. Feel like leper. :(

But just for you, I'll have a glass of wine on your behalf tonight :P

- Ely

Now don't you get cheeky with me young lady...... :D

I was thinking about something coming from the side wall along the light box. A tree branch or something like that. A lot we saw on the push carts has white backing which is really no good for our light yellow walls. I shall have a browse and let you know.

Check out Decorette's sale: http://www.decorettestore.com/%7C-Shop-%7C.html Lots of branchy things. Besides, the backing peels off, leaving only the decal, in your desired colour. Prices are reasonable and Amanda is a joy to deal with.

Oh it doesn't have to be at your place. You could video it for your hubby for when his HTS desire drops :good:. I am sure he would only distribute to a few people :bath:. :P .

Ha! Maybe I'll load it into the NAS (when I finally figure it out), and rename the file as "Top Gear Best of CLKs" or something. Now, THAT would definitely pique his interest!

- Ely

Check out Decorette's sale: http://www.decorettestore.com/%7C-Shop-%7C.html Lots of branchy things. Besides, the backing peels off, leaving only the decal, in your desired colour. Prices are reasonable and Amanda is a joy to deal with.

Thanks, will take a look now.

Ha! Maybe I'll load it into the NAS (when I finally figure it out), and rename the file as "Top Gear Best of CLKs" or something. Now, THAT would definitely pique his interest!

Cool, I like car shows too :P.

Oh I have just installed FPse on my ANDROID phone. I can now play PS1 games on my mobile like Tekken 1/2/3, Silent Hill, Crash Bandicoot 2 and just getting FF VII :P. They may be slumming it and have a version for the i[sigh]phone. Expect it to have half the features missing and cost 4 times as much though ;).

RB

Edited by RimBlock

:wub: :wub: :wub: miss miss miss!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

So much <3! :wub:

Okay lah, will add more guest amenities k? Shiseido, Clarins and some Nuxe!

- Ely

Welcome back!!! Definitely miss you a lot *hugz*

Great to hear that finally you have moved in. Finally can enjoy quality time with your hubby, enjoying the beautiful sunset.... * love is all around*

:wub: :wub:

Missed our silly banter here - Lux ads, online shopping, Deh techniques, pole dancing, um even the "sai"~

Not so much joy as we chatted on Whatsapp - the dust and unpacking is intolerable. Cannot wait for the settling down period to be over and be finally SETTLED down. Well, at least the Lifestorey couch came today so there's something to lay on at last!

That's the last of painting. Only awaiting the replacement bar table from Hommage and a partition shelf which is due Saturday. Then small touches of DIY and DONE!

- Ely

Oh Patsy,

You'll get along just great with boyblunder :lol:

Won't be detrimental to the asthma, but the allergy-related rash. Bleh. Feel like leper. :(

But just for you, I'll have a glass of wine on your behalf tonight :P

- Ely

haha just to emphasize, am not normally inclined to drink, there are just times when a big bloody beer is what i need to get away, don't mind meeting boy blunder though ;)

Ok, had a few PMs about the HTS so will write about it here instead of having to reiterate myself in every personal conversation.

Place of purchase: KEC @ Alephi

Salesguy: Alan

Prices after discount

Floor standing speakers: Wharfedale 10.6 x2 @ $980

Center speaker: Wharfedale 10.CS @ $339

Back speakers: Wharfedale 10.0 x2 @ 299

Wharfedale Diamond Series link

Receiver: Onkyo 609 @ $889

Installation with speaker cables and power board: $80 + $99

NON-KEC items

Subwoofer: SVS PC-12 Ultra Plus @ $750 (online forum, 2nd-hand)

Blu-ray player: Oppo 93 @ $750 (online forum)

NAS + Media Player: AC Ryan Playon @ $319 (IT show)

HDMI v1.4 cables: $5 - $8 each (eBay)

TV: 46" Sony Bravia 3D LED NX710 @ $2699 & 40" Samsung LED UA-C5000QM @ $999 (Harvey Norman MW)

Bedroom bookshelf speakers: Usher S-520 @ $550

Tube Amp: Dared MP5 @ $180 (online forum, 2nd hand)

Hope this helps some :)

- Ely

:wub: :wub:

Missed our silly banter here - Lux ads, online shopping, Deh techniques, pole dancing, um even the "sai"~

Not so much joy as we chatted on Whatsapp - the dust and unpacking is intolerable. Cannot wait for the settling down period to be over and be finally SETTLED down. Well, at least the Lifestorey couch came today so there's something to lay on at last!

That's the last of painting. Only awaiting the replacement bar table from Hommage and a partition shelf which is due Saturday. Then small touches of DIY and DONE!

- Ely

Definitely more fun to joke around here :good::sport-smiley-004: At least i can put all the cute icons.... but difficult for me to type when using iphone. :bangwall:

So by this sat, will be clean and tidy? :dribble: but we have to wait until july to visit your place? :jawdrop:8|