Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
suimitao

False Celing

Hi, does anyone knows what is the thickness of false ceiling? is it possible to do a 4inch one insteach of 6inch? If whole living and dining area and MBR use fasle celing, will it become very low and makes whole room very small?

Im thinking to use all false ceiling because it wil look neater.

Anyone doing this also?

Edited by suimitao

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, does anyone knows what is the thickness of false ceiling? is it possible to do a 4inch one insteach of 6inch? If whole living and dining area and MBR use fasle celing, will it become very low and makes whole room very small?

Anyone doing this also?

Like abit low i look to do 2half inch ... a one has contractor to do L box / false ceiling ,wardrobe, kitchen cabinet . look for some quote and on a very tight buget hence not look to ask id to do it glad if some wan can give me some help here thanks in advance :)

Most PLC type concealed light fitting need at least 4 inch for the finished surface to be flat with the underside of false ceiling. Use false beam, or L box if u wan the effect of a higher ceiling.

Anyone doing this also?

I m renovating my house with false ceiling for living hall, foyer and passwage to bedrooms. L-box for all bedrooms and study room. It look nice.

I think false ceiling for the whole house will made the ceiling look low.

4" internal space is sufficient for MR16 spotlight on the false ceiling. However, keep in mind that if cove light is to be installed, it requires certain clearance from the ceiling to ensure priper diffusion, otherwise is cut-off margin will be visible on the ceiling due to insufficient drop-down gap.

agreed with collins. if you require cove lighting to be install, i believe it need as least 150mm thick.

actually if you are afraif that the whole house ceiling will look very look, u might wanna do up L-box rather than a false ceiling at so many areas! *just my 2cents of advise*

I have visited many cutomers' reno sites. Full false ceiling offers a flat and clean ceiling surface which is very visually pleasing.

If you have low ceiling height, opt for L-box instead of full false ceiling. Limited height compresses the space tremendously. There are several remedies for this problem:

1. Choose a lighter colour for the ceiling and surrounding wall

2. Avoid pendant light or ceiling fan

3. Install a narrow L-box to minimize low ceiling area around the perimeter.

4. Install cove light to illuminate the ceiling - large bright surface and transition of light give a perception of larger space and elevating ceiling

5. Use spotlight on the L-box to create visual highlight to divert viewer's attention to other features in the room. The light and shadow effect of spotlight also helps to enhance depth and space of the room.

Edited by collins