Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaskel

A 9mths Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Really pretty switches!! Where you get them? Is it expensive?? I want those too for my flat.

Legrand, fm $40 - $90++ depend on how many gang, with or without LED, the type of model, etc...

bro you should sleep earlier :) anyway, very interesting blog! more to come please~ :P

in my next reno, i will choose kitchen tiles similar to this... :lol:

Kitchen floor tiles.....

p1020858.jpg

This was a 90 x 60cm floor tiles....very expensive...cost ard $11psf.

Pros - Less grouting, easy to maintain cos it semi-glossy, non slippery, hard.

Cons - Very expensive, unevenness occur at the center part of the tiles for some of them.

Verdict : Comes in 2 different colours (golden and silver). Worth it or not depend on individual due to the cost and unevenness. As I don't really feel the unevenness at all, so I'm still ok with it. Moreover dirty also hard to see and its easy to clean.

actually i also thought that black will make the place smaller, but after seeing my neighbour (also 4 room) whole house black indian granite floor, I was like "wah really swee", and bc it's black, it really captures the reflection of the house, so create alot of depth - makes the house look higher than it is

wah if so reflective... lady visitors to the house should refrain from wearing skirts/dresses :notti:

My Living area false ceiling. The bigger square is using bigger type of LED strips which are bright enough to read newspaper at night. As for the the smaller square is using another type of LED strips which are of lesser brightness which is good when I don't want the area to be so bright to watch TV programme.

p1020837d.jpg

the LED makes the place looks very futuristic, machiam like in a space ship~ :lol:

but one thing i find about LED lights is they look a bit too "cold" to me. any LED lights with warmer white around?

Had actually used some of this switch cover as for long term.......nice looking :P

p1020842.jpg

White mirror

p1020845.jpg

Black & Red mirror

and the switches... really nice!!! :wub:

Wow! :good:

Jason, must call me n edmund for ur House warming, haha~

too impatient to wait :rolleyes:

Sure....get to see my special feature wall.

wah jaskel your house's reno materials look very unique lah! HDB somemore!

Doesn't the LED replacement cost more and per led is 1w so just to power the lights is going to be in the region of 200 - 300w?

Kitchen tiles are very nice! $11psf is really ex no joke man! I wanted something like that during my reno but after calculating the cost, totally blow me off, decided to stick to china tiles which cost me about $4.50.

wah jaskel your house's reno materials look very unique lah! HDB somemore!

Doesn't the LED replacement cost more and per led is 1w so just to power the lights is going to be in the region of 200 - 300w?

Kitchen tiles are very nice! $11psf is really ex no joke man! I wanted something like that during my reno but after calculating the cost, totally blow me off, decided to stick to china tiles which cost me about $4.50.

Switching on whole house in the region of 200-300W is consider low already. for an average eg. 8 downlight @living, 2 tube each with a wattage of 13W = 208W. Dining light, hanging, 3 halo bulb @ 20W each =60W. Kitchen, 2 ceiling light, 40W each =80W, 1 Bedroom light each @ 40W = 120W. Bathroom light 32W each @ 64W. Total = 532W.

So the LED replacement cost is a bit more initial but long term maybe cost saving. now still in experimental stage.

Kitchen floor tiles.....

p1020858.jpg

This was a 90 x 60cm floor tiles....very expensive...cost ard $11psf.

Pros - Less grouting, easy to maintain cos it semi-glossy, non slippery, hard.

Cons - Very expensive, unevenness occur at the center part of the tiles for some of them.

Verdict : Comes in 2 different colours (golden and silver). Worth it or not depend on individual due to the cost and unevenness. As I don't really feel the unevenness at all, so I'm still ok with it. Moreover dirty also hard to see and its easy to clean.

Love the big floor tiles - where can I buy from. Buying most tiles from LSH....

jaskel got lobang for installing hanging lights?

U need an electrician or u can ask the lighting shop to install for you with a fee, which u prefer?

Love the big floor tiles - where can I buy from. Buying most tiles from LSH....

U can get it from Hup Kiong...

piqued my interest when i saw it's an EA and boy is the owner none other than the almighty highly regarded in RT, Jaskel the man!! hahaha..

the tile finishes are amazing and really insightful to read. cant' wait to see the finishing.

the LED lightings? like a scene from TRON! feel a bit too bright for the eyes but hey is LED eh? guess photographs ain't really doing it justice.

will be stalking tis blog ya.. ha