Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Funnysheep

Is This Quote Reasonable - Quote 2 2011

1 To fabricate and install 7' top and bottom w/ full height kitchen cabinet in laminate

finish w/ ABS trimming at side A. 2,000.00

2 To fabricate and install 11.5' top and bottom w/ full height kitchen cabinet in laminate

finish w/ ABS trimming at side B. 2,300.00

3 To fabricate and install 18.5' solid surface kitchen worktop. 1,480.00

4 To fabricate and install 6.5' casement wardrobe at master bedroom in laminate finish

w/ ABS trimming. 1,300.00 (All interal fitting to come in alum finish which is rust proof.)

5 To fabricate and install 6.5' casement wardrobe at bedroom 2 in laminate finish

w/ ABS trimming. 1,300.00

6 To fabricate and install 6.5' casement wardrobe at bedroom 3 in laminate finish

7 To provide labour and material to paint wall and ceiing. 1,100.00

(we charge painting work as a lump sum job w/ labour and material. Cost exclude material is $700)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey. seems alright. whats the name of your contractor? can pm me.. is this quote for 4 room? My place will only be ready in Sep 2012. so doing some homework now..

its reasonable pricing. Some items are cheaper, some items are more expensive. overall, its still balanced up.

Kitchen pricing is more expensive than my quotations but wardrobe is cheaper.

u might consider just get their wardrobe only, but go another company and get cheaper cabinet lor.

This is another one.

1 To fabricate and install 7' top and bottom w/ full height kitchen cabinet in laminate

2 To fabricate and install 11.5' top and bottom w/ full height kitchen cabinet in laminate

4 To fabricate and install 6.5' casement wardrobe at master bedroom in laminate finish

w/ ABS trimming. 1,300.00 All interal fitting to come in alum finish which is rust proof.

5 To fabricate and install 6.5' casement wardrobe at bedroom 2 in laminate finish

6 To fabricate and install 6.5' casement wardrobe at bedroom 3 in laminate finish

7 To fabricate and install bay window ledge in laminate finish w/ cushion **** room.

8 To provide labour and material to paint wall and ceiing. 1,100.00 we charge painting work as a lump sum job w/ labour and material. Cost exclude material is $700

its reasonable pricing. Some items are cheaper, some items are more expensive. overall, its still balanced up.

Kitchen pricing is more expensive than my quotations but wardrobe is cheaper.

u might consider just get their wardrobe only, but go another company and get cheaper cabinet lor.

I am looking at Timber Cube and Ban Yew. These quotes are from them

Anyone used them before?

This is another one.

finish w/ ABS trimming at side A. 7 feet full height at $220pfr = $1,540

finish w/ ABS trimming at side B. 11.5 feet full height at $220pfr = $2,530

3 To fabricate and install 18.5' solid surface kitchen worktop. 18.5 feet x $60pfr = $1,110

w/ ABS trimming. 6.5 feet x $220pfr = $1,430 All interal fitting to come in alum finish which is rust proof.

w/ ABS trimming. 6.5 feet x $220pfr = $1,430

w/ ABS trimming. 6.5 feet x $220pfr = $1,430

7 To fabricate and install bay window ledge in laminate finish w/ cushion **** room. 11.5 feet x $80 = $920

8 To provide labour and material to paint wall and ceiing. 1,100.00 we charge painting work as a lump sum job w/ labour and material. Cost exclude material is $700

(Same price but can using Dulux All)

So the latest quote is from which company?

2nd one is from Timber cube

both are recommended by friend, but i have yet to deal with them b4

so non RADAC. pls do be cautious

Will update u guys on their info on my own perception later on, if i meet them this week

2nd one is from Timber cube

both are recommended by friend, but i have yet to deal with them b4

so non RADAC. pls do be cautious

Will update u guys on their info on my own perception later on, if i meet them this week

Sure all the best!

w/ ABS trimming. 1,300.00 (All interal fitting to come in alum finish which is rust proof.)

7 To provide labour and material to paint wall and ceiing. 1,100.00

(we charge painting work as a lump sum job w/ labour and material. Cost exclude material is $700)

The casement is resonable but the kitchen is to expensive.

Quote from Ban Yew

Master Room

Design and fabricate 6ft full height wardrobe with pivot opening and

$ 1,320.00

adjustable shelvings (assumption length) to laminate finish

Bedroom 2

$ 1,320.00

Bedroom 3

$ 1,320.00

Kitchen

Design and fabricate 8ft bottom kitchen cabinet to laminate finish

$ 960.00

Supply and install 8ft solid surface top

$ 720.00

Design and fabricate 12ft top and bottom kitchen cabinet to laminate finish

$ 2,640.00

Supply and install 12ft solid surface top

$ 1,080.00

General

Labour to paint whole unit, includes ceiling paint works

$ 500.00

I have spoken to Yen of Ban Yew and shall rate the service before sales as below

As stated earlier, this company I am also contacting them for the 1st time, so i also have not used their service before.

My comments are purely based on my own perception, so take them with a pinch of salt.

1st meeting with Yen of Ban Yew

Service Skills

Attitude, very friendly Singaporean = 7/10

Phone Response - Picked up almost all my call after he got your name/case = 8/10

Time Response - Punctual & Came to my location at Sengkang thou he stayed at west side on time = 8/10

Willingness to Help - When I listed many amendments to his quote, he's very patient (we talked about 2 hours on material and other details) = 8/10

Technical

Drawings with pencil on the spot, very clear = 7.5/10

Advisory Role - He does not force his ideas on you like some ID, he also provide workable concepts as what can be done and what cannot be done - 9/10

Price= Not Sure yet, as have yet to get his revised quote. Will update on this

Carpentry = Not sure yet, as yet to visit his workshop here. Will update on this

Cons

Non RADAC - worry if renovation hits a grey area resolution can be a problem w/o RADAC

Quote from Ban Yew

Master Room

$ 1,320.00

Bedroom 2

$ 1,320.00

Bedroom 3

$ 1,320.00

Kitchen

Design and fabricate 8ft bottom kitchen cabinet to laminate finish

$ 960.00

Supply and install 8ft solid surface top

$ 720.00

Design and fabricate 12ft top and bottom kitchen cabinet to laminate finish

$ 2,640.00

Supply and install 12ft solid surface top

$ 1,080.00

General

Labour to paint whole unit, includes ceiling paint works

$ 500.00

I have spoken to Yen of Ban Yew and shall rate the service before sales as below

As stated earlier, this company I am also contacting them for the 1st time, so i also have not used their service before.

My comments are purely based on my own perception, so take them with a pinch of salt.

1st meeting with Yen of Ban Yew

Service Skills

Attitude, very friendly Singaporean = 7/10

Phone Response - Picked up almost all my call after he got your name/case = 8/10

Time Response - Punctual & Came to my location at Sengkang thou he stayed at west side on time = 8/10

Willingness to Help - When I listed many amendments to his quote, he's very patient (we talked about 2 hours on material and other details) = 8/10

Technical

Drawings with pencil on the spot, very clear = 7.5/10

Advisory Role - He does not force his ideas on you like some ID, he also provide workable concepts as what can be done and what cannot be done - 9/10

Price= Not Sure yet, as have yet to get his revised quote. Will update on this

Carpentry = Not sure yet, as yet to visit his workshop here. Will update on this

Cons

Non RADAC - worry if renovation hits a grey area resolution can be a problem w/o RADAC

Revised quote service 3/10

Sad to say i waited 4 days and the revised quote that comes back to me is Crap

Not sufficient details, and cannot give me what i want. Only major diff is 5k of cost diff

The first impression is really good, while the 2nd is dropping like bear market

They are the only contractor / id i contact with till now and i am really keen to finish up the deal.

But they give you crappy homework (quotations), that makes you fumes.

I know they are really busy, but i waited 4 days... it's really frustrating at this level

May switch to others if after next discussion still w/o give good standard service

Master Room

Design and fabricate 8ft full height wardrobe with aluminium glass sliding door $ 2,080.00

with laminate finish to full ceiling height

Bedroom 2

Design and fabricate 6ft full height wardrobe with aluminium glass sliding door $ 1,560.00

Bedroom 3

Design and fabricate 6ft full height wardrobe with aluminium glass sliding door $ 1,560.00

Kitchen

Design and fabricate 11ft top and bottom cabinet with 4 aluminium glass doors $ 3,750.00

1 single full height tower

4 aluminium glass doors

solid nyatoh doors

stainless steel dish rack

Supply and install 8ft stainless steel kitchen top $ 960.00

Design and fabricate stainless steel kitchen sink $ 450.00

Design and fabricate 8ft top and bottom cabinet with solid nyatoh doors $ 2,400.00

General

Painting works for whole unit, ICI/Nippon $ 1,000.00

Up to 4 colours, white ceiling

TOTAL $ 14,720.00

Edited by Funnysheep

Revised quote service 3/10

Sad to say i waited 4 days and the revised quote that comes back to me is Crap

Not sufficient details, and cannot give me what i want. Only major diff is 5k of cost diff

The first impression is really good, while the 2nd is dropping like bear market

They are the only contractor / id i contact with till now and i am really keen to finish up the deal.

But they give you crappy homework (quotations), that makes you fumes.

I know they are really busy, but i waited 4 days... it's really frustrating at this level

May switch to others if after next discussion still w/o give good standard service

Master Room

Design and fabricate 8ft full height wardrobe with aluminium glass sliding door $ 2,080.00

Bedroom 2

Bedroom 3

Kitchen

Design and fabricate 11ft top and bottom cabinet with 4 aluminium glass doors $ 3,750.00

1 single full height tower

4 aluminium glass doors

solid nyatoh doors

stainless steel dish rack

Design and fabricate stainless steel kitchen sink $ 450.00

Design and fabricate 8ft top and bottom cabinet with solid nyatoh doors $ 2,400.00

General

Painting works for whole unit, ICI/Nippon $ 1,000.00

Up to 4 colours, white ceiling

TOTAL $ 14,720.00

A good id is very important. How many room flat is yours?

Did you notice yr quote for the (1) 7-ft kitchen is too ex when cf to (2) the 11.5-ft kitchen?

No reason why you shld pay $285 per foot run for (1) when you are quoted $200 per ft run for (2).

Point this out to the ID and knock down (1) $1,300-1,400 at most instd of $2k.

cheers