Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yongwk

Help Needed! Matrix Concept - Alvin

Used Alvin as he was recommended by a friend who has a couple of his places done up by him. As with all the reviews here, he is prompt with his replies, good considerations when we ask if things can be done and has great ideas when we ask for opinions.

Also, his pricing was reasonable.

Most importantly, the work done was to a very good standard. 

I would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone. 

• Thanks 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi! Alvin came recommended by a friend. We spoke to four Contractors (three of which were recommendations and one we got to know via fb advertisements), including him, before deciding on our contractor. We did much research to make sure we chose the right one because this is our first renovation and it involves a huge sum of money (at least to us it’s huge). So if you’re here reading this review, I guess you’re as anxious and concern as we were. 

Our house was a run down old resale 3 room hdb that needed quite a bit of an overhaul. The last time this house was renovated was probably 20 years ago. 

We expected him to be pricey when we first spoke to him, but his quote was reasonable and sometimes lower than those who were more inexperienced. We chose him in the end because it was evident that he knew his stuff and he was very experienced. We were going for a simple renovation and our main priority was that our contractor has to be reliable and able to do work independently. 

We just completed the home renovations yesterday and I got to say that it was a relatively smooth journey, without much surprises or hiccups, thanks to Alvin. He helped us liase with the various stakeholders (aircon, floor polishing, hdb, electric, gas etc) and we never had to really worry about anything much (other than choosing colours and tiles ourselves, but that’s the fun part, right?). This is really helpful for us because the last thing you want to do at work is to be calling and chasing HDB/gas company etc and worrying about this and that. 

He was also very prompt and patient in answering all of questions, which is very important to us as first-time homeowners. He gave us updates periodically and let us know what was going on. Prices of things were transparent throughout the entire process and there weren’t any “surprises”. 

Alvin was able to give good advice on colour, position of things, material etc. In terms of design, I can’t really say much because we were going for functional and simple, so our house did not require thaaaat much creativity and design. But even so, the small things did require an eye for design (e.g. proportion of kitchen/living room, height of cupboards, window design, facing, kitchen cupboards). They may sound minor, but it actually makes a world of a difference if the ID/contractor does not have both aesthetics and functionality in mind. Alvin did well to balance these two important things in my opinion. We never had a situation, where something was nice but not functional or where something was functional and ugly as heck. 

While he did advice us against certain things (and most of the time we took his advice because it made sense), he did not say no whenever we still insist upon it. He has always been respectful to us and our requests and has never forced us out of something we want. He was also very accommodating and travelled to meet us whenever we had to meet up to choose colours etc. He has also never once complained or given us “attitude”. 

We have heard of horror stories of contractors, so we’re very thankful that we engaged Alvin because this renovation process has really been hassle-free and quick. We never had to be onsite at any point of time and we were always assured that Alvin would be taking care of things if anything cropped up (including pacifying disgruntled neighbours). Our friends and family have commented that the house looks so bright and spacious now. This is a total transformation from the house it was before. I was previously rather unenthusiastic about my house (Because of the state it was in), but after the renovations, I’m so excited to move in. We have only a few before and after photos but you may request for them if you like at xxx@gmail.com

Overall, we’re glad that we chose Alvin and will definitely recommend him to anyone. 

• Like 1

Matrix Concept -Alvin will listen to our needs and provide design and cost saving measures to it. Helpful and work towards satisfying customer dream home. Recommendation to all

20171230_185818.jpg

2018-01-13-14-45-38-135.jpg

20171025_182940.jpg

20171025_182930.jpg

Edited by jess23wong

• Like 1

Alvin Aw of Matrix Concept was my interior designer through my journey of renovating my house, a 38 year old 4-room HDB unit. The transformation of the house from its almost 40 years of untouched original condition to the beautiful modern home it is now is staggering, and a testament to the hard work and vision of Alvin.

As a 1st time homeowner with financial prudence a priority, I had to do my due diligence in sourcing for a suitable interior designer. Among the 5 interior designers that I had scouted, Alvin’s proposal was the most affordable. However, that was not the only consideration I had. What struck me about Alvin was his attention to my vision of the design, how he understood this and the ideas he brought forth that aligned with mine. Alvin was patient and meticulous in his conceptualization of the design, spending many hours of discussions with me to ultimately crystallize the vision.

Once the design and planning were finalised, Alvin and his team were very productive in completing the project. The effort Alvin put in to this project is outstanding. He would personally oversee the work and led by example, sweeping the floor and touching up the finishing. Throughout the project, Alvin also spent time as my personal home renovation shopping consultant. He scouted for the best bargains in anything from bathroom accessories, tiles to furniture. His effort truly saved me a lot of time and money to make the renovated house look like a home.

I was absolutely delighted with the outcome of the renovation when the project was finished. For Alvin, however, the project is always on-going. He is always available for minor post-project fixes and improvements, keeping a high standard of customer service.

I will without doubt recommend Alvin and Matrix Concept for interior design and renovation solutions.

Living-1 Before.JPG

Living-1 After.JPG

Kitchen-2 Before.JPG

Kitchen-2 After.JPG

Kitchen-1 Before.JPG

Kitchen-1 After.JPG

Bedroom-1 Before.JPG

Bedroom-1 After.JPG

Bathroom-1 Before.JPG

Bathroom-1 After.JPG

Living-2 Before.JPG

Living-2 After.JPG

Edited by Dominic Phua

• Like 1

I was introduced to Alvin by my colleague who told me that Alvin will be able to meet my reno needs (i.e competitive reno cost and scandinavian design) after meeting up with 4-5 IDs who quoted me exorbitant price for my reno. My fiance designed the house and Alvin would give us constructive advice since we have no idea about most of the reno stuff. We were very impressed with the workmanship produced and Alvin's generosity throughout the renovation process. Alvin has an eye for detail. For example, we didnt intend to make our bomb shelter vent look nicer as we thought it's an extra cost involved..but alvin helped us to change the vent design just so that it fits the overall design at no cost! Despite some minor glitch...Alvin would solve the problem very quickly..Alvin and his team of workers are very reliable and committed. A highly recommended contractor. Here are some pics of our house renovated by Alvin..

1505577052992738002423.jpg.c4f5d9e400e0585a0d9d8275df73fa52.jpg

20170916_173341.jpg

Edited by TanYL

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 7:00 PM, wilnning said:

Can you share the name and HDB registered number of his company? I just want to make sure he is a registered contractor before engaging him. Many thanks

Registration No.
52891530D
Date Incorporation / Registration
30 April 1999 (Friday)
Registration Type
Sole-Proprietor
Status
Live as on 30 April 1999 (Friday)
Registered Address
140 UPPER BUKIT TIMAH ROAD
#03-15
BEAUTY WORLD PLAZA

SINGAPORE (588176)

There is a lot of people cannot find Alvin aw company registered number. 
Just to share with you all.

Can you share the name and HDB registered number of his company? I just want to make sure he is a registered contractor before engaging him. Many thanks