Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
watchthewaves

Looking For Home Security System

Would like to hear from those who have installed a home security system, what did you get and ballpark figure on cost (both setup as well as running cost).

Am considering a system that detects entering, motion and also has video. Considering also getting alerts via mobile only, or to get a subscription with one of the security companies.

PM me please, if not convenient to post.

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Would like to hear from those who have installed a home security system, what did you get and ballpark figure on cost (both setup as well as running cost).

Am considering a system that detects entering, motion and also has video. Considering also getting alerts via mobile only, or to get a subscription with one of the security companies.

PM me please, if not convenient to post.

Thanks.

Have you try ADT Security?

Have you try ADT Security?

Hi,

I installed my alarm system with ADT, all equipments are FOC, they only charge monitoring fee of around $50 per month for 3 years contract.

Hi,

I installed my alarm system with ADT, all equipments are FOC, they only charge monitoring fee of around $50 per month for 3 years contract.

Is there a "standard" set of equipment they provide, and if want more, must pay more?

Does it include external and internal video recording and real-time viewing over the Internet?

Thanks.

i think you are able to install them yourself. there are home systems sold online (from US) that can be installed easily in our homes. There are some that has a simcard slot for SMS notifications to be sent to u whenever there is a security trip.

Is there a "standard" set of equipment they provide, and if want more, must pay more?

Does it include external and internal video recording and real-time viewing over the Internet?

Thanks.

Mine come with all the contacts for doors and windows and motion detectors inside the house from ADT, believe if u bargain hard, they can give u more. At first the ADT guy came and said only include this and that, but after I told him that I am comparing with others security company, he throw in everything.

As for video monitoring, I bought my own system and night vision cameras from Sim Lim and installed it during construction, its connected to my broadband internet and I can monitor anywhere and anytime that i like, so dun need to pay any fee.

Mine come with all the contacts for doors and windows and motion detectors inside the house from ADT, believe if u bargain hard, they can give u more. At first the ADT guy came and said only include this and that, but after I told him that I am comparing with others security company, he throw in everything.

As for video monitoring, I bought my own system and night vision cameras from Sim Lim and installed it during construction, its connected to my broadband internet and I can monitor anywhere and anytime that i like, so dun need to pay any fee.

Is the system wired or wireless?

Wireless

Hi Victor

Seems like you have something that I'm looking for. Mind if you can provide me some details of the system you purchased?

I'm looking at fixing cameras outside my house and wireless link to the system inside and hook up to internet.

Then get ADT for security system thats wireless and also, maintain phone contacts with them.

Thanks!

I have installed a home security system myself and it works absolutely fine. It is the latest home security system which I have recently purchased from internet and if you would like to get the latest security system which suits your needs then search for the deals available for you online.

home security system

Edited by Morkel

I have installed a home security system myself and it works absolutely fine. It is the latest home security system which I have recently purchased from internet and if you would like to get the latest security system which suits your needs then search for the deals available for you online.

home security system

the adt security system is just to sound off alarm when intrusion detected right? thinking of installing it to prevent previous owner of unauthorized access otherwise must change all my sets of keys.

IMHO, staying in condo don't need to install own security system. You're already paying for security guards. If having concerns with their work, then talk to the estate management. But when taking over a unit, I would certainly change the locks. You never know whether they hand over all the keys they have.