Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dean

Change Door Knob

is there any recommended handyman can change room door knob (lock provided by me). What's market rate?

don't know how to change.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Actually its quite easy lah. Can change it yourself. Wanna give it a try?

how? the front knob hard to remove leh? if u can change i will give u $15 as coffee money.

how? the front knob hard to remove leh? if u can change i will give u $15 as coffee money.

go buy a new lock in the hardware shop.

there's a "key" inside the box.

stick the key into the hole. not the hole of the knob that u can see. behind the door's knob, see the stem , there is a hole right? turn the knob until the hole is deeper.. stick the key in while ur knob is still turned.

stick it in all the way le, jingle and turn.

the knob should come off.

done it a few times le coz my knob always spoil. there's always a spare "key" in my room to geet myself out. =DD either that or break open my window and climb out from there.

More of less the idea is there. Remember that the hole is found on the inside knob. Even if no key can use something thin and sharp (e.g. those mini screwdrivers for screwing specs). Once the knob is off, remove the collar and the screws will be exposed. Unscrew them and u can slide off the other side of the knob. Then turn to the edge of the door, unscrew there and the last piece should come off. It sounds comp;licated but its easy actually. Where u stay BTW?

thank you for reply, i went to mustafa buy new door knob for $7 and managed to change room lock., have instruction to teach you how to change it.

how about door knob for main entrance door?

My door knob facing inside our house was dented when we took over the house. Couldnt locate any main door knobs to change with. :(

how about door knob for main entrance door?

My door knob facing inside our house was dented when we took over the house. Couldnt locate any main door knobs to change with. :(

Usually main door comes as 1 set with door knob on the inside and the handle thingy on the outside. Just door knob dented dunno if u can find a compatible knob to swop with if not must change the whole thing. Dunno if can even take out just the door knob cause its a different system compared to normal room doors..

If you get in trouble, remember that there are plenty of other doorknobs around the house. Take them apart if you need to, just to remind yourself how they fit together. As you remove the various parts, put them back together in the same positions they were in, including screws. This will prove invaluable if when you're done the new doorknobs don't work well - or at all.

handyman adelaide...Stop making non-sense of it, baby!!!