Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
boyblunder

Our 1st Place

Hi folks, I finally gathered enough courage to start my own T-Blog after reading so many inspiring ones quietly. Just went for our 1st appointment not too long along, and barring any additional delay than the extension that we are probably give to the current owners, we should be getting our keys in the beginning of May.

Hopefully, we can share our experiences long the way as i go along with my renovation and get pointers from all the experienced peeps here.

Got a few quotes from a few IDs already and all i can say is,"Kill Me!!"

Anyway, heres the Floor plan of our new place;

The House

floorplan.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats on ur new house. Wow! wish I can be like u, start my own T-blog. Btw, ur floor plan is almost d same as mine except for the balcony area.. ;) Cant wait to see ur house pics :yamseng:

Congrats on your house! I've also bought an EM. But still dunno how to upload the pics. Later then will start my blog once i figured how to upload.

my first appointment is this coming Mon...completion around end april but will provide extension to owners for one month..so most prob end may or early june then will have the keys!

Edited by joyousonline

Welcome, and congrats on the EM! The ID selection is a tedious and rather nerve-wrecking one, but breathe through it :)

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Today i went to the International furniture Fair at the expo hoping to get some ideas on what kind of furnishings i might wanna get. I was told that some of these guys sell their furniture cheap coz they do not want to bring it back with them when the fair is over. There are some very nice looking ones.

Well, i did not have to the courage to ask them if they are selling. Maybe i should ask my friend who got his furniture from there last year to go with me.

Anyway, i am back to square one. Gonna have to scout around for furnitures at stores in singapore.

Congrats !! We also OTPed for a EM but are still waiting for our HDB 1st Appt, looking forward to see your before n after pics, is the house in acceptable condition ? or will you be doing an overhaul ??

Hi folks, I finally gathered enough courage to start my own T-Blog after reading so many inspiring ones quietly. Just went for our 1st appointment not too long along, and barring any additional delay than the extension that we are probably give to the current owners, we should be getting our keys in the beginning of May.

Hopefully, we can share our experiences long the way as i go along with my renovation and get pointers from all the experienced peeps here.

Got a few quotes from a few IDs already and all i can say is,"Kill Me!!"

Anyway, heres the Floor plan of our new place;

The House

floorplan.jpg

Congrats! I had reactions when got the quotes too..fell off chair..haha..looking forward to ur reno journey..

Congrats !! We also OTPed for a EM but are still waiting for our HDB 1st Appt, looking forward to see your before n after pics, is the house in acceptable condition ? or will you be doing an overhaul ??

Well, the place is 26yrs old this year. Current owners kept it spick and span but most of the things in the house are ORIGINAL and ORIGINAL CONDITION. In eg, the wiring, floorings, plumbings, pimpled walled and cornices. So it looks like a major overhaul.

Congrats on ur new house. Wow! wish I can be like u, start my own T-blog. Btw, ur floor plan is almost d same as mine except for the balcony area.. ;) Cant wait to see ur house pics :yamseng:

my floorplan is almost the same too, except for the balcony area, which makes mine the same as LADY_R, i think. :P

Well, the place is 26yrs old this year. Current owners kept it spick and span but most of the things in the house are ORIGINAL and ORIGINAL CONDITION. In eg, the wiring, floorings, plumbings, pimpled walled and cornices. So it looks like a major overhaul.

yes... mine also original condition.... with original slanted walls and lousy worksmanship included... LOL...

major rehaul too... bleed money ah... :(

my floorplan is almost the same too, except for the balcony area, which makes mine the same as LADY_R, i think. :P

yes... mine also original condition.... with original slanted walls and lousy worksmanship included... LOL...

major rehaul too... bleed money ah... :(

Bleeding money is just an understatement. Anyway, i am probably gonna compile the photos on a powerpoint slide like u the save on jpeg n post it.

So far all the quotes i got are exceeding 75k and i was actually looking at at the most bout 60k. GGGGrrrrrrr!!! Need to tio 4d or toto liao. But again never buy how to tio.

Bleeding money is just an understatement. Anyway, i am probably gonna compile the photos on a powerpoint slide like u the save on jpeg n post it.

So far all the quotes i got are exceeding 75k and i was actually looking at at the most bout 60k. GGGGrrrrrrr!!! Need to tio 4d or toto liao. But again never buy how to tio.

LOL... my budget was lower... but think based on the amt of restoration works i need to do... it's at least $60K... still trying to keep it at $60K and lower... sigh...

btw, you have your preferred floor layout yet?

just want to find out, how you intend to use the study/utility/storeroom at the 1st level...

LOL... my budget was lower... but think based on the amt of restoration works i need to do... it's at least $60K... still trying to keep it at $60K and lower... sigh...

btw, you have your preferred floor layout yet?

just want to find out, how you intend to use the study/utility/storeroom at the 1st level...

The utility area is already hacked away and i intend to use have the area to make storage and shoe rack.

ya lor..urs n mine exactly d same.. how is ur reno going? Im still waiting for my 2nd appt on 21st mar.. Going to start my reno asap once i got my keys.. cant keep my furniture in storage for too long liao