Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Drexter

Laminated Floorings

Just bought a 4 room resale. We dislike the floor and would like to do laminated flooring instead of hacking and lay tiles to cut cost for the renovation. We have no knowledge for laminated flooring and would like to ask the members here for opinions and advice... Any cons? Heard that laminated flooring cannot last. Is that true?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi there. i did my whole house using laminate flooring. so far so good. it gives it a more cosy feeling.. but it comes with great care.. maintenance wise, its different from normal flooring.. i.e. when u mop, not to use lots of water and detergent..

in terms of long lasting.. so far mine only abt 4 mths.. hehe.. so far no problems. depends on the installer and material/model also.

hi there. i did my whole house using laminate flooring. so far so good. it gives it a more cosy feeling.. but it comes with great care.. maintenance wise, its different from normal flooring.. i.e. when u mop, not to use lots of water and detergent..

in terms of long lasting.. so far mine only abt 4 mths.. hehe.. so far no problems. depends on the installer and material/model also.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Would like to hear from those who experienced laminated flooring for few years. :)

Btw, which brand and type of wood u use? Heard there are plenty of different types of wood to choose from.

We used Excel flooring since 2004 for whole house except kitchen & toilets :P

gd thing abt Excel is their Anti-Water Series..true when we mop our laminate its like nobody business..we do wash the floor sometimes when it got too dirty.. BUT their after service sale is s**k.. :bangwall: call them a few times but never pickup.

So now for our new house we engaged Kronotex..cos we know they hav been long in this industry.. if you want to get a quotation jus PM me & i will give you the salesman name & contact no.

gd thing abt Excel is their Anti-Water Series..true when we mop our laminate its like nobody business..we do wash the floor sometimes when it got too dirty.. BUT their after service sale is s**k.. :bangwall: call them a few times but never pickup.

So now for our new house we engaged Kronotex..cos we know they hav been long in this industry.. if you want to get a quotation jus PM me & i will give you the salesman name & contact no.

Krontex is good. After 3 years, the qty is still there. Min maintenance.

Just bought a 4 room resale. We dislike the floor and would like to do laminated flooring instead of hacking and lay tiles to cut cost for the renovation. We have no knowledge for laminated flooring and would like to ask the members here for opinions and advice... Any cons? Heard that laminated flooring cannot last. Is that true?

The nomal HDF Compressed Board Type, Laminated Floor Board, is around $4 per sq foot. Some will charge a 10% wastage for cut ends.

Additional charge like hacking/removal of your existing Skirting, Ceramic/Homogeneous/Marble/Garnite - $60/Bedroom, $190 for Living/Dining Area. Terrazzo - $100/Bedroom, $300/Livng/Dining Area.

Compress Board Type are Water Resistant only. Seen many Laminated Floor Board done in older Homes ( Done between 3-5 years ), all with problems. All with 'Curl-up' at ends, due to water. Especially at the entrance into Toilets. On the surface, its waterproof & is multi-layered for high stain resistant, scratch resistant etc..., but weakest part is at the end of the board, even with the "Clip-on" type.

In market now there a type in Plastic like material & of course is 100% waterproof, all round. They can be laid in Kitchen & Toilets as well. Once laid, you cant tell the difference from the HDF type. This type will last. Cost is higher, at $7 per sq foot. Wastage & removal of Skirting charges, same as above.

Hi,

I believed you had compared Kronotex with Supreme. May I have your views? Supreme also in the industry for very long right? Sorry, I'm a green grass.

The nomal HDF Compressed Board Type, Laminated Floor Board, is around $4 per sq foot. Some will charge a 10% wastage for cut ends.

Additional charge like hacking/removal of your existing Skirting, Ceramic/Homogeneous/Marble/Garnite - $60/Bedroom, $190 for Living/Dining Area. Terrazzo - $100/Bedroom, $300/Livng/Dining Area.

Compress Board Type are Water Resistant only. Seen many Laminated Floor Board done in older Homes ( Done between 3-5 years ), all with problems. All with 'Curl-up' at ends, due to water. Especially at the entrance into Toilets. On the surface, its waterproof & is multi-layered for high stain resistant, scratch resistant etc..., but weakest part is at the end of the board, even with the "Clip-on" type.

In market now there a type in Plastic like material & of course is 100% waterproof, all round. They can be laid in Kitchen & Toilets as well. Once laid, you cant tell the difference from the HDF type. This type will last. Cost is higher, at $7 per sq foot. Wastage & removal of Skirting charges, same as above.

Hi,

May I know the brand or type that u recommended? Are you using that? Thanks.

Hi,

I believed you had compared Kronotex with Supreme. May I have your views? Supreme also in the industry for very long right? Sorry, I'm a green grass.

I prefer Kronotex (mammut) for its wood feel, natural wood look and also it is extra long then normal type.. dont really like d smooth surface feeling :P

you can check their website here http://www.kronotex.com/cms/Products/Mammut/0716314358.html falled in love with D2462 colour thus we choose this for our bedrooms

Another new thread about laminate floorings :rolleyes: If it gets fat and juicy, I will come back and expose the hoax and myth of the companies and products mentioned here :D

Edited by khengjoo

Another new thread about laminate floorings :rolleyes: If it gets fat and juicy, I will come back and expose the hoax and myth of the companies and products mentioned here :D

Hi Bro,

Why dun you share with us your experience?

I prefer Kronotex (mammut) for its wood feel, natural wood look and also it is extra long then normal type.. dont really like d smooth surface feeling :P

you can check their website here http://www.kronotex.com/cms/Products/Mammut/0716314358.html falled in love with D2462 colour thus we choose this for our bedrooms

I hope they last.... Heard many feedbacks that laminated flooring doesn't last.... :(

Cool, I like wood feel also.. The color that u chose was very nice... Just hope laminated flooring last....