Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tom_kkh

Knock Down Walls

Hi Guys,

I will be getting my first house and I am thinking of knocking down the kitchen wall and do up a small counter to separate the kitchen and the living room.

The small counter will serve as a small dining table if I am eating alone. Something like those disco bar top height.

Any idea how much it cost to knock down a wall and erect a waist high counter?

TIA

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

please note that not all wall can be hack. take a look at your floorplan and see whether the wall u want to hack is in dark line. Dark line means cannot hack.

The price depends on what sort of material you use for your counter top, whether or not you have any cupboards below it, and how large is the counter top.

I had my study room and kitchen walls knocked down so that I had an open concept kitchen that opened into the living room.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37439

(Refer to post dated 9 Mar)

If you want to have a counter top that serves a dining table top (and cabinets below it), make sure that you have at least about 6" depth for the counter top to the cabinets edge to place your legs when you sit at the counter top.

Hi, anyone know how long does it take for hdb to approve the submission of the hacking of walls?

1 to 2 weeks should be ok for the PE to work, give or take.

Depends on the person himself and the scope of your work also.

I suggest you call to the PE you are interested in to find out more.

Edited by renoseeker

1 to 2 weeks should be ok for the PE to work, give or take.

Depends on the person himself and the scope of your work also.

I suggest you call to the PE you are interested in to find out more.

I wana knock down the wall between my 2 rooms but there floor plan shows black line.. that means cannot hack right? Does it mean i dun need to even ask the PE to come n check? Im a bit lost here so anyhelp will be appreciated! Thank you!

I wana knock down the wall between my 2 rooms but there floor plan shows black line.. that means cannot hack right? Does it mean i dun need to even ask the PE to come n check? Im a bit lost here so anyhelp will be appreciated! Thank you!

Yeah black means cannot hack. Black = solid pillar inside the concrete.

If you hack, then you can see if your flat is built firmly or not. sport-smiley-004.gif