Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steveong

Cabinet For Built In Oven

Folks,

any advice how to construct the cabinet to withstand the heat from built in oven? Will stainless steel panel on the 4-side of the wall(top, back, left & right helps? I heard the heat emitted from such oven will cause your cabinet to fade earlier especially white color cabinet which can become yellowish less than a yr if you're a heavy user. Also, I believe the heat will spoil things stored in the nearby cabinet. Can anyone enlighten me. Thks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Folks,

any advice how to construct the cabinet to withstand the heat from built in oven? Will stainless steel panel on the 4-side of the wall(top, back, left & right helps? I heard the heat emitted from such oven will cause your cabinet to fade earlier especially white color cabinet which can become yellowish less than a yr if you're a heavy user. Also, I believe the heat will spoil things stored in the nearby cabinet. Can anyone enlighten me. Thks.

this is not true...build in oven actually emit heat from the front not from side. When I bake, the side cabinet couldnt feel heat at all, but when I peep at my cake in front of the oven glass door, it is really hot. I cant imagine some people actually put the oven underneath the hob. While baking chicken, how do they cook with the hob at the same time? it must be very hot, can feel burning leg then..unless the oven is just a showcase

Edited by yumiko

this is not true...build in oven actually emit heat from the front not from side. When I bake, the side cabinet couldnt feel heat at all, but when I peep at my cake in front of the oven glass door, it is really hot. I cant imagine some people actually put the oven underneath the hob. While baking chicken, how do they cook with the hob at the same time? it must be very hot, can feel burning leg then..unless the oven is just a showcase

Hi Yumiko,

Thanks for sharing. Actually I never thought of this till someone mentioned about the heat. I was suggested by one of the IDs to put below the hob. He said since i seldom bake and I won't be using the hob at the same time, so to save space just put it there. But my main concern is about the safety cos I will be using cyclinder gas. So if i were to put the hob and oven together top and bottom and by the side is cyclinder gas. Will there be any safety issue?? Hope someone can clarify this.

Note: Was thinking to use citygas but the flat don't have this kind of facility...sighs!

Emobebe

Hi Yumiko,

Thanks for sharing. Actually I never thought of this till someone mentioned about the heat. I was suggested by one of the IDs to put below the hob. He said since i seldom bake and I won't be using the hob at the same time, so to save space just put it there. But my main concern is about the safety cos I will be using cyclinder gas. So if i were to put the hob and oven together top and bottom and by the side is cyclinder gas. Will there be any safety issue?? Hope someone can clarify this.

Note: Was thinking to use citygas but the flat don't have this kind of facility...sighs!

Emobebe

Hi Emobebe, I think placing the oven below the hob ONLY if the kitchen is really really running out of space. I dont think it will be an issue (in my shallow opinion lah...) with the side is cylinder gas; since the oven emit heat from front not side wise.

But, another concern about placing the oven below - everytime when you bake or peep at the cake, u have to squat, I find it very tiring lor...

Edited by yumiko

Hi Emobebe, I think placing the oven below the hob ONLY if the kitchen is really really running out of space. I dont think it will be an issue (in my shallow opinion lah...) with the side is cylinder gas; since the oven emit heat from front not side wise.

But, another concern about placing the oven below - everytime when you bake or peep at the cake, u have to squat, I find it very tiring lor...

I need more storage...maybe because of this reason that why my this ID suggested me to put it there. Btw, I think I only will bake two to three times a year...

I have ever thought to put besides the fridge but scare it may damage the fridge in long term...

Emobebe

• Like 1

I need more storage...maybe because of this reason that why my this ID suggested me to put it there. Btw, I think I only will bake two to three times a year...

I have ever thought to put besides the fridge but scare it may damage the fridge in long term...

Emobebe

if you only baked 2 or 3 times per year, how about considering those 3-in-1 microwave oven? (microwave + steam + convection oven) it saves you space and also $$ cos you won't spend on a microwave and an oven separately~ :)

if you only baked 2 or 3 times per year, how about considering those 3-in-1 microwave oven? (microwave + steam + convection oven) it saves you space and also $$ cos you won't spend on a microwave and an oven separately~ :)

Well, actually i want to hack the existing kitchen cabinets and this oven is already fix in there and was bought by seller one year ago. Sighs...If i don't have oven, I have same idea as you...save money and save space....:)

Well, actually i want to hack the existing kitchen cabinets and this oven is already fix in there and was bought by seller one year ago. Sighs...If i don't have oven, I have same idea as you...save money and save space....:)

wah, so nice...you have some 'treasure' left by the seller. unlike mine, everything has to be gone!!

oh, oh..... :o

maybe you can try to sell the oven on RT and use the money to buy the 3-in-1 :sport-smiley-004:

wah, so nice...you have some 'treasure' left by the seller. unlike mine, everything has to be gone!!

same here.... mine also got nothing... previous occupants didn't even have a single bed! all slept on mattresses! :jawdrop:

my colleague just got his new home, the entire kitchen no need to reno, and comes with all hob, hood, built-in oven etc! all in good conditions.... envious siah~

Thanks for the advice. It's true that the heat will come straight from the front but I was told that the overall cabinet will still be hot and in due time all the accumulation of heat will cause the exterior of the cabinet to decay prematurely :(

THus i was thinking to put stainless steel panel to cover the inner part of the cabinet as a form of dissipating the heat.

Thanks for the advice. It's true that the heat will come straight from the front but I was told that the overall cabinet will still be hot and in due time all the accumulation of heat will cause the exterior of the cabinet to decay prematurely :(

THus i was thinking to put stainless steel panel to cover the inner part of the cabinet as a form of dissipating the heat.

Wood itself is an insulator. The built in ovens are designed just for that purpose and shouldn't cause any issue. I am using currently an old SMEG oven (nothing fancy at all) under the SMEG hob. The fixtures are donkeys years old and no issues with the cabinets. The use of stainless steel plates will not do anything as steel is a heat conductor not insulator. The point raised about having to squat or bend when using the oven is valid but not an issue if you're going to use this only a few times a year. Be careful though when you open a hot oven placed below the hob as a cloud of hot air will rapidly rise upwards as soon as the door is opened so stand with your face back out of the way when you open the door. I also have a National (Genius Serries) convection/microwave 42L oven which does a great job with simple baking and roasts etc. Hope this helps

is microwave + steam + convection really cheaper?

http://www.courts.com.sg/Products/CourtsSt...s)/Default.aspx

i see from panasonic 900 and above

if have enough counter space can go for separate oven and microwave....100 + 200 only. (i don't have..)

built in oven 600-700 + microwave 100-200...still cheaper than 3 in 1 if above pricing is correct.

edit: hmm i just see one 799...but still not cheap :(

Edited by creatrixnator

is microwave + steam + convection really cheaper?

http://www.courts.com.sg/Products/CourtsSt...s)/Default.aspx

i see from panasonic 900 and above

if have enough counter space can go for separate oven and microwave....100 + 200 only. (i don't have..)

built in oven 600-700 + microwave 100-200...still cheaper than 3 in 1 if above pricing is correct.

edit: hmm i just see one 799...but still not cheap :(

nowadays, everything also not cheap...inflation and inflation....LOL