Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Drexter

Rain Shower

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks for your reply. So only way for rain shower is to get storage heater? No other choice? As I know storage heater consume more electricity

http://www.citygas.com.sg/ferroli/specifications-bo.html

Sorry to complicate things... but...

If you look up the specs of larger gas heaters (Rinnai 24 L/min and Ferroli 20 L/min), can see that their flow rates is probably enough for most rain showers, except maybe the largest types.

HansGrohe Raindance AIR (circular) 300mm diameter is rated at 18 L/min at 3bar.

And don't forget that the gas heaters might be making 20L/min of water at 50 deg C, this means that after mixing with 25 deg C (unheated) water at 1:1 ratio, you get 40L/min of shower-temperature water.

And if you want to use the largest types of rain showers with storage heaters, you have to consider if you really want to use so much water... and how soon will you deplete your electric storage heater?

I don't know if you could run two gas heaters in parallel.

It would seem to me that a high-power gas heater is also more suitable for filling a big bathtub, compared to a low power storage heater.

I am using Hansgrohe RainShower (overhead type)in my mbr toilet. I use it with a storage heater. The water flow is strong and yet the rain drops r soft and dun have the "sting" feeling when shower. It's really shoik! But i believe I am using more water cos of that shower system.

I have another raindance handshower in common room however has very weak water flow.

Hi,

so i have to get storage heater if i am using rain shower? btw, where is recommended to get storage heater and rain shower?

HIi terhan,

I got mine from the hansgrohe show room at

69 Mohamed Sultan Road

cos there was some credit card promotion then.

As for storage heater I'm using Joven as well I think can be found in a lot of places.

Sharing my Rain Shower.....

We are using gas water heater and so far no problem with the supply of hot water to 2 toilets, even at times we were using at the same time.

Here is my rain shower at the common bathroom.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=624636

Things to look out for:

1. If you look closely at our rain shower, it has 'flat' top. Don't buy those with angle bent type which will affect the height if yours is restricted by beams or low ceilings.

2. When installing the rain shower, do consider your height and the preferred 'rain drop' effect. My children are very tall, hence, when the plumber came, we insisted that he raised the height 2 inches higher than normal installation. I hope you get what I mean.

Where is the best location to install switch of the centralised heater for both toilets? If I install outside the common bathroom, I had to go to the kitchen every morning to turn on before I can shower in the master bathroom. It also make no sense to install in the master room. Are there any solution? How about two switches... Wonder if it can be done. :rolleyes:

Where is the best location to install switch of the centralised heater for both toilets? If I install outside the common bathroom, I had to go to the kitchen every morning to turn on before I can shower in the master bathroom. It also make no sense to install in the master room. Are there any solution? How about two switches... Wonder if it can be done. :rolleyes:

im no electrician..but my parent's house (a double storey masionette) has 2 swtiches for the lighting for the staircase, 1 at the bottom, 1 at the top.

so it may be just a relay thing.

I am using one ele heater and both switches at common and mbr bath can turn on or off them. check with ur electrician.

I am also using rain shower.. My storage tank is installed in my common bathroom...

There is a switch outside my common toilet and another switch outside my mstr toilet..

:)

@mae29, i like your rainshower in the common bathroom, what brand is that? thanks in advance :)

to all, btw, what brand is your electric storage heaters? thanks...

Edited by nick28drag

@mae29, i like your rainshower in the common bathroom, what brand is that? thanks in advance :)

to all, btw, what brand is your electric storage heaters? thanks...

the brand of mae's rain shower is Onimi :)

i'm using an Ariston storage heater...

Try Lite Fusion in Upper Serangoon. They quoted someone the lowest. $280 for a 50l Joven nett. Give them a call. Hope this helps.

I am using Hansgrohe RainShower (overhead type)in my mbr toilet. I use it with a storage heater. The water flow is strong and yet the rain drops r soft and dun have the "sting" feeling when shower. It's really shoik! But i believe I am using more water cos of that shower system.

I have another raindance handshower in common room however has very weak water flow.

I am facing the same situation in my master bathroom - the raindance handshower seems to be designed in a way to mimic the overhead rainshower so the force is not that strong. If you were to hold the raindance handshower above your head like an overhead shower, its supposed to be the same i.e. have the same force as the overhead shower itself. Not sure if i am explaining myself clearly but hope this works.

Cheers

Maximus