Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vios07

Where And What To Invest If You Have 100k?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

any advise?

I was told to buy gbp now that it's below SGD2.

Forget about the West, look towards the East.

USD down down down. USD 14.4 Trillion debt, still keep printing money, sigh.

Euro down down down. The PIIGS nations pull the whole eurozone into "hot water" everybody almost drown.

GBP Down down down .The empire is melting down, the bridge is falling down. Study how George Soros whacked the Pound down. It is a history.

Warren Buffet's famous Quotes

1. "The first rule is not to lose. The second rule is not to forget the first rule."

2. "If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians."

3. "Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing."

4. "Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it."

Edited by godloveyou

bought and sold.. my gbp :) .. earning 1% in 2 wks.

Thanks to the us debt crisis.

... now betting on gold now... speculate to go up to 1900USD by next mth.

And hopefully, MAS revised their policy on strong SGD. Then USD up , gold price up.. *HUAT*

.. but mkt is seriously very volatile.. muz watch when to sell and buy.. cos' 1 hr make alot of different now.

bought and sold.. my gbp :) .. earning 1% in 2 wks.

Thanks to the us debt crisis.

... now betting on gold now... speculate to go up to 1900USD by next mth.

And hopefully, MAS revised their policy on strong SGD. Then USD up , gold price up.. *HUAT*

.. but mkt is seriously very volatile.. muz watch when to sell and buy.. cos' 1 hr make alot of different now.

gold - could i ask what "form" did you buy it in? eg. the physical metal, etf, gold related stocks, etc? If ok, could you also share why you bought it in that "form"?

Thanks v much!

I bought from UOB, open an gold account. Bought 220gm@60.22 per gm in Jun.. now 62.74. :) Return not high.. but better the fd, and at least safe in trouble times. The price is updated now and then according to the mkt changes. The troublesome part is that you need to go to the bank to "buy/sell".. Cannot go thru RM.

Information here...

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/investments/treasury/precious_metals.html?s_pid=pb2003

If you buy coins/bars , real gold, normally consist of a huge "lose" upfront.. as you can see from the rate chart.

If you buy from gold shop.. even worse, pay gst and dun know where to sell later.

hope you went down to open an account yesterday..

The price just jumped $2 overnight with lower SGD/USD and also higher gold price.

In any case, do note that gold, is traded in USD, so sometimes even if gold price rise in USD, there is little change GOLD/SGD.

I bought from UOB, open an gold account. Bought 220gm@60.22 per gm in Jun.. now 62.74. :) Return not high.. but better the fd, and at least safe in trouble times. The price is updated now and then according to the mkt changes. The troublesome part is that you need to go to the bank to "buy/sell".. Cannot go thru RM.

Information here...

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/investments/treasury/precious_metals.html?s_pid=pb2003

If you buy coins/bars , real gold, normally consist of a huge "lose" upfront.. as you can see from the rate chart.

If you buy from gold shop.. even worse, pay gst and dun know where to sell later.

Admin charge = 0.12g per month. You bought 220g, after 10 months becomes 218.8g. After putting there for 2188 months, account book print "ZERO" value.

Approx 1g=$60

per month admin charge = 60/10 = $6.00

Admin charge = 0.12g per month. You bought 220g, after 10 months becomes 218.8g. After putting there for 2188 months, account book print "ZERO" value.

Approx 1g=$60

per month admin charge = 60/10 = $6.00

Err.. true , it kind of deplete over time if you dun do anything abt it.

Probably will only hold for 1-2 yrs, and not for 182yrs, once the crisis is over.. believe gold will fall also. But for trading purpose to fight inflation, its good enuff for me. :)

Of course, if you wish to hold on the gold for longer than 1-2 yrs, maybe buying physical gold bar will probably work out better.

So far made $4.50 per gram i.e (4x220) $990 if i cash out.

Admin charge the mth of jul and aug is 0.12gx2 = 0.12x2 x 64 = $15.40

Nett profit if i sell now is ard $974.60..for a initial $13k investment over 2 mths is good return :)

Edited by HappyHouse88

After yesterday... i think 100k in the bank as FD is the best..

Yesterday gold drop along with dow jo, signalling a unexpected freefall..All asian currency drop against the dollar.

all this pointing to fact that foreign investor are pulling out their funds from safe heaven and asia to "help" dow jo..

Good luck on the ride!

After yesterday... i think 100k in the bank as FD is the best..

Yesterday gold drop along with dow jo, signalling a unexpected freefall..All asian currency drop against the dollar.

all this pointing to fact that foreign investor are pulling out their funds from safe heaven and asia to "help" dow jo..

Good luck on the ride!

USD up, gold price down. USD down, gold price up. Gold price has the same characteristics as crude oil price.

In long run, USD will still down, down, down.