Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shumin

The Pursuit Of Happiness

our 2nd HDB appointment was supposed to be on the 23rd May and as the same old story goes...

some problems occurred on the seller's side with the cash proceeds which was kinda complicated

due the fact that they are seperating.

but we're finally proud owners of a 5 room hdb on the 6th June. :yamseng:

some pre-reno pics!

home1.jpg

home2.jpg

we did our fengshui audit awhile back and it totally ruin our initial reno plans. my Mr. have

decided to remove the idea of a pool table in the house to incorporate the fengshui advice given.

we only spoke to 1 contractor and that's Alan. but have more or less decided that we're gonna

trust him with our renovation. both Mr. and i find him very sincere and friendly.

greetings from the Mr. and me!

P1080128.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi shumin, you are now the official owner of this house, congratulationsss!!

btw, this unit seems pretty well maintained ya, are you going to have a major transform?

Congrats! I read quite a few good reviews on Alan so your Reno shd be in good hands if u were to use him... If I remember clearly... Neubie's (not too sure if it's the same Alan lah) hse is also done by him and it's very beautiful and most importantly, cheap and quite good workmanship:)

Hey shumin,

Your hubby looks familiar from the pic.

I think he and I might be distant relatives. Hmmm...

Anyway, congrats on being the owner of your new place and I wish u and your hubby a smooth renovation journey! :)

hi shumin, you are now the official owner of this house, congratulationsss!!

btw, this unit seems pretty well maintained ya, are you going to have a major transform?

thanks yumiko!

pictures are quite deceiving sometimes, it's not as well maintained as it seems.

the unit was vacant for awhile, the kitchen & bathrooms are a little bit dirty.

but if you 'mai hiam', with a new coat of paint its pretty much move-in condition.

but as 1st-time owners, you know the mentality. which is everything HACK! hahaha

we're only keeping the living hall tiles and all the existing windows.

Congrats! I read quite a few good reviews on Alan so your Reno shd be in good hands if u were to use him... If I remember clearly... Neubie's (not too sure if it's the same Alan lah) hse is also done by him and it's very beautiful and most importantly, cheap and quite good workmanship:)

yeah, it's the same Alan as Neubie's.

we're hoping for the best, as lazy us only spoke to 1 contractor which is him.

we felt comfortable and the chemistry is there. *cross fingers*

Hey shumin,

Your hubby looks familiar from the pic.

I think he and I might be distant relatives. Hmmm...

Anyway, congrats on being the owner of your new place and I wish u and your hubby a smooth renovation journey! :)

he has confirmed that you guys are indeed distant relatives!!

does that mean we can come over to see see look look at your reno?!

been secretly stalking your T-blog too. hahahaha

i wanted to stay in an EM so much but it was beyond our budget.

*envy all EM owners*

anyway, wish you a smooth renovation journey too. :yamseng:

yeah, it's the same Alan as Neubie's.

we're hoping for the best, as lazy us only spoke to 1 contractor which is him.

we felt comfortable and the chemistry is there. *cross fingers*

Oh it's the same Alan....Then don't think u have to worry much... I have yet to read anything negative about him... Safe hands :yamseng: We are also very lazy and only invited 3 to quote. Met only 2 of them. Since u are comfortable and Chemistry is there... think u don't have to waste your time to source for others to quote. Concentrate on the designs, tiles, colours, accessories, lightings u wld like to have... More fun than comparing quotes:) I miss the reno process thou it's very tiring...Have a smooth reno journey... :thumbs up:

Mr. and i has been haunting the grounds of electronic stores, sanitary ware shops....

we've finally narrow down the items we're thinking of purchasing.

i hate the way they try to confuse you with electronic jargons and 'last day for this promo' crap.

we don't have a huge budget, so we can't afford the big names.

please feel free to comment on the items! suggestions and advices are greatly appreciated. :yamseng:

Fridge:

LG GR-B208BLQ in Platinum Silver

208969_10150468316895481_724660480_18117047_677617_n.jpg

Washer:

LG WD-12390TDP

247268_10150654217365481_724660480_19280748_186211_n.jpg

i am not a big fan of LG products, i don't dislike them either.

what made LG attractive to us is their affordability, very long warranty on their drivers and their low energy consumption.

Oven:

Bosch HBN331E2J

2262572-3697960032.png

Hob:

Rinnai 2CG

Rinnai2CG.jpg

Chimmey:

Rinnai RH-995CT

RinnaiRH-995CT.jpg

any WC brands i should avoid? i remember reading about splattering of poo when flushing. gross.

Hob:

Rinnai 2CG

Rinnai2CG.jpg

any WC brands i should avoid? i remember reading about splattering of poo when flushing. gross.

Hi Shumin, nice inspiration pics, wish u a smooth n fun reno journey with your hubby...

We're using the same Hob (mine 3CG as 2 CG no stock) and it's such a coincidence that I came into your T-Blog when you're talking about Poo and WCs.... :o:notti:

I'm the self proclaim "Sir Poo , WC expert" in RT.... :o:D do feel free to shoot your questions on WC :o

Edited by Kobelala

Hi Shumin, nice inspiration pics, wish u a smooth n fun reno journey with your hubby...

We're using the same Hob (mine 3CG as 2 CG no stock) and it's such a coincidence that I came into your T-Blog when you're talking about Poo and WCs.... :o:notti:

I'm the self proclaim "Sir Poo , WC expert" in RT.... :o:D do feel free to shoot your questions on WC :o

but i got no budget for Toto!! went to Adamas today, the Toto wc is soooooo gorgeous. *drooools

i made my 2CG purchase at Kong Tai, and the sales person did mention the lack of stock.

am very skeptical about tempered glass. *cross fingers* that my butter fingers doesn't drop anything on it.

Oven:

Bosch HBN331E2J

2262572-3697960032.png

Hob:

Rinnai 2CG

Rinnai2CG.jpg

Chimmey:

Rinnai RH-995CT

RinnaiRH-995CT.jpg

I think we got the same oven, hob & chimney hood... :P but my hob is the LPG one... the non-LPG is out of stock.

I've gotten mine from Kong Tai too... LOL

apparently, for front-load washer, they recommended me Electrolux or Bosch... since Ely, the online shopping queen, gave her thumbs up for Electrolux front-load washer... i think should be safe ba... so i've gotten an Electrolux, instead of a Samsung or LG...

he has confirmed that you guys are indeed distant relatives!!

does that mean we can come over to see see look look at your reno?!

been secretly stalking your T-blog too. hahahaha

i wanted to stay in an EM so much but it was beyond our budget.

*envy all EM owners*

anyway, wish you a smooth renovation journey too. :yamseng:

LOL... sometimes back, my mum was telling me about your hubby and how pretty (and doll-like) his gf/fiancee/wife is... but i have no idea who you are... and yes... from the pic, you are indeed very pretty. :)

your mother-in-law told my mum that your hubby and you prob saw us in bangkok earlier this yr (ard Feb)...

I suppose your 5-rm pt-block is almost ard the range of $400K or more?

if so, you could have gotten an EM too... there's some EMs along Jurong West St. 42 going for ard $425K or so...

anyway, you've read my t-blog and my frustrations... so it's not that I'm not welcoming visitors... but prob not at this stage... we'll be moving in soon... maybe in 2-3 weeks' time (i hope it's not too late for u to visit, if you're viewing to "avoid some mistakes" :P)... the place would prob still be in a mess (as in things unpacked, etc), but at least, the floor should be clean, etc...

apparently, for front-load washer, they recommended me Electrolux or Bosch... since Ely, the online shopping queen, gave her thumbs up for Electrolux front-load washer... i think should be safe ba... so i've gotten an Electrolux, instead of a Samsung or LG...

I also recommended electrolux leh... But the queen words place more weight than mine. Haha...

if you are interested to know more about washing machines, there are many threads here to read through - http://www.singapore...s/409/409.html. note that you need to know the capacity of the actual drum and not just look at 8kg or 7kg, etc eg. an excerpt from one of the threads - actually for the question on 8kg is very big.. seriously speaking the 8kg of brandt.. isnt really that big.. cos of the volume of the drum...something like..57 litres... for 8kg.. this as compared to miele 6kg thats 55 litres. and electrolux 8kg as 63litres.

:)

LOL... sometimes back, my mum was telling me about your hubby and how pretty (and doll-like) his gf/fiancee/wife is... but i have no idea who you are... and yes... from the pic, you are indeed very pretty. :)

your mother-in-law told my mum that your hubby and you prob saw us in bangkok earlier this yr (ard Feb)...

I suppose your 5-rm pt-block is almost ard the range of $400K or more?

if so, you could have gotten an EM too... there's some EMs along Jurong West St. 42 going for ard $425K or so...

anyway, you've read my t-blog and my frustrations... so it's not that I'm not welcoming visitors... but prob not at this stage... we'll be moving in soon... maybe in 2-3 weeks' time (i hope it's not too late for u to visit, if you're viewing to "avoid some mistakes" :P)... the place would prob still be in a mess (as in things unpacked, etc), but at least, the floor should be clean, etc...

my mister didn't want to spend on a 20+ yr old flat, in the end we settled for our current home due to its proximity to the MRT. hopefully some day we'll shift into an EM!

when you are ready for visitors, we'll love to visit. :D

i am sure everything will turn out well in the end, its already looking really nice. if you ever have a 2nd home, all these experience you have will be good knowledge!

and yah, my mister did see you and your wifey in BKK during our feb trip there. we're going to BKK again in Aug, if you're heading there again. we could do some MAJOR shopping together! ahaha

aiyoh, not pretty & doll-like lah! somehow, aunties got soft spot for girls like me whose vertically challenged. hahahahaha.

we saw a Bosch WM going at $999, but it doesn't have the timer display. the ones with timer are beyond our budget, but i prefer a WM with timer.

can i ask a silly question? without the timer, how does one knows when to pour in the softener? or can we pour the softner into the compartment thing and the WM will be smart enough to do it when its on the correct cycle?

we're hoping to get something below $900 if its even possible. the Brandt drums are very small, Bosch's bigger. gonna visit HN this weekend to check out the Electrolux WM.

I also recommended electrolux leh... But the queen words place more weight than mine. Haha...

seems like there's lots of rave for electrolux's WM!

everytime i go to HN, most sales person will promote the Bosch washer. maybe they are getting more com from Bosch. heee

if you are interested to know more about washing machines, there are many threads here to read through - http://www.singapore...s/409/409.html. note that you need to know the capacity of the actual drum and not just look at 8kg or 7kg, etc eg. an excerpt from one of the threads - actually for the question on 8kg is very big.. seriously speaking the 8kg of brandt.. isnt really that big.. cos of the volume of the drum...something like..57 litres... for 8kg.. this as compared to miele 6kg thats 55 litres. and electrolux 8kg as 63litres.

:)

thanks for the link and info, Sleek!

there's so much to learn. :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by shumin