Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

Hi Friends and Forumers, wife n me have been lurking and hovering around your wonderful t-blogs, look at your beautiful creations since December 2010.... when we started House hunting.... ...

We had just completed our 1st Appt for our flat in Yishun and look forward to start our very own t-blog, although there will be no extravagants designs and no WOW reno effects, we are still very happy to blog our reno memoirs down to share with friends n forumers here...

As this is a Blog, we will also be penning down some of our thoughts of life as we goes on... not just pictures of before n after, but also many other things that came our mind during the reno jouney....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

men make houses , women make homes : I also wish to use this blog to express my everlasting love towards my wife, withour her, all is not possible (oh... because HDB need 2 names to buy flat mah :P ) ... .. oops, nope thats not really true.. .. hehe ...

A home to me is not about 30 sq feet or 30,000 sq feet, is not really about a 5k reno budget or a 500k reno budget....

A home ; it's more than what money can buy, that's why my blog title ... ... it's the people inside the house that makes our home a comfortable one, (hmm, in 21st century of cos being pratical, have to be nice n tidy la :D ) and of course, I know friends n forumers here will love your home and put in more effort creating a home than what you've done to create a beautiful house.. .. :)

Okok, so much for my philosophy...

Here the floorplan :

It's a 22 years old unit at Yishun Central

k3nf_6f2_uc9s5.jpg

Edited by Kobelala

The Study at Lvl 1 had been hacked by previous onwers to create a open concept kitchen... .. but the "open concept" kitchen is the 1990s is much different from the current "open concept" that we all have... so we intend to bring down the wall totally...

Will upload all before pics when I bring my contractors to take measurements over the weekend (current owners had agreed to let me do it).. ..

Meanwhile, I'll pen down the journey of wife n myself (Nothing RA la but on why we got a resale flat).. .. ..

p.s : sorry for my lousy ENGLAND n spelling mistakes if any.... cos I just type what I think.... too lazy to phrase nicely n check spelling ;)

Edited by Kobelala

hey you finally started your t-blog~ congrats! and another EM! :dribble:

hmmm if i remember correctly... are you the one with some problem with getting 1st appointment date...? glad that your 1st appointment is successfully over~ :) when's 2nd appointment?

hey you finally started your t-blog~ congrats! and another EM! :dribble:

hmmm if i remember correctly... are you the one with some problem with getting 1st appointment date...? glad that your 1st appointment is successfully over~ :) when's 2nd appointment?

Hi Marshmallow, yep u're right... I faced some problem first during OTP then my Wst appt, but due to the advises I receive here, I managed to appeal for an earlier 1st appt date; I wrote in to HDB n also went there personally n pester the officer and call him every other day for an earlier 1st appt, and yes, my persistance paid off n my completion will be on 19th April :)

Thanks a lot for the concern, and feel free to add comments n discuss with us on anything under the sun here, :)

Finally see you writing your own t-blog!! Congrats!! So fast can get 2nd appt??

Can't wait for making this flat into your home.

Hey Welcome! Finally a T-blog of your own. I stayed in Yishun for almost 15 years and it was a great place.. Yours is central so quite near to Yishun 10 and Northpoint... So happening... Happy Renovating!

oops i read too fast... your 1st appointment not over yet, but at least can get a confirmed date from HDB~ :good:

That day we were just talking about Yishun 10 over lunch time.... and realised that many of my colleagues (10 out of 11) don't even know its existance~ :unsure:

oops i read too fast... your 1st appointment not over yet, but at least can get a confirmed date from HDB~ :good:

That day we were just talking about Yishun 10 over lunch time.... and realised that many of my colleagues (10 out of 11) don't even know its existance~ :unsure:

You didn't read wrongly. His 1st appt already passed. Pending 2nd appt in April...

Yishun 10 undergoing reno...

Waiting to see your progress... huge area u have...

Hi kyxyy, thanks :) the floor area is 146 sq m...

Finally see you writing your own t-blog!! Congrats!! So fast can get 2nd appt??

Can't wait for making this flat into your home.

Thanks May_dream1 ! and on the 2nd Appt, as we are on HLE and owners are overseas represented by POA, they are agreeable for my request for an earlier completion :)

Hey Welcome! Finally a T-blog of your own. I stayed in Yishun for almost 15 years and it was a great place.. Yours is central so quite near to Yishun 10 and Northpoint... So happening... Happy Renovating!

Thanks friends78 ! Yes 10 mins walk to Yishun 10 n Northpoint, another 5 Mins walk to Yishun MRT, so still not so bad...

Hi Marshmallow, thanks again for your well wishes, no my 1st Appt is completed... now waiting for completion appt on 19th April

You didn't read wrongly. His 1st appt already passed. Pending 2nd appt in April...

Thanks May_dream1 :) huh, is Yishun 10 undergoing reno ??? haha I dunno cos wife n me goes to the Balestier Pt cinema for most of our movies... UOB card only pay $6 per ticket on weekdays :)

hahahaha... old liao really.... :lol:

yea i asked them before the news of Yishun 10's revamp came out. when they said in unison that they haven't heard of this place before, i was thinking if i'm really that much older to know.... hahahahahahaha :P

Okok, so much for my philosophy...

Here the floorplan :

It's a 22 years old unit at Yishun Central

k3nf_6f2_uc9s5.jpg

Woah!

Personally, I prefer your EM layout.

1. The bedroom/study at the first level is a proper room and can be used as a proper bedroom... unlike my utility room, which is not here not there size...

2. The balcony is linked to the living room and kitchen! Easier to have afresco dining.

Hope you have a smooth 2nd appt and renovation journey. :)

Edited by csingeu

hahahaha... old liao really.... :lol:

yea i asked them before the news of Yishun 10's revamp came out. when they said in unison that they haven't heard of this place before, i was thinking if i'm really that much older to know.... hahahahahahaha :P

hahahahahaha Marshmallow, hmmm.... I think I can guess your age then.... only certain Sgrean will be familiar with Yishun 10 due to Yishun 10 being the 1st Cineplex in our Island :P