Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

Strange, I thought I would have a quick look too after a long time not reading and come across this explosion of pages :D.

Seems to be coming along very nicely although NEEDS MORE PICTURES :P. We all want to see the goodness ;).

One question though. Why S$900+ for a toilet. I appreciate it is your money and style and taste etc but I am just curious as we also looked at the prices like that and settled on some Sims toilets for S$215 which looked more or less the same and spent the cash elsewhere. We have no regrets as they look fine and flush well. Unless it is a unique(ish) design then just wondering why spend so much. Again, not trying to be critical, just curious.

Some very nice lights you have there.

RB

$215 for a toilet bowl sounds reasonable .... Btw, where to get Sims toilet bowl?

Edited by potatoes

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

$215 for a toilet bowl sounds reasonable .... Btw, where to get Sims toilet bowl?

Hi Potatoes, if I am not wrong, Sims is the House Brand of Sim Siang Choon.... RB correct ? :yamseng:

Seems to be coming along very nicely although NEEDS MORE PICTURES :P.

RB, no nice pics :D , but some pics of our reno updates ;

The Air Cin guys are here to do installation today :sport-smiley-004:

ac1.jpg

This aluminum plate can be a very nice TV feature wall :o

ac2.jpg

Done !

ac3.jpg

:D

Hey bro, I think it'll look great as a dining room lamp? Seems to be where it's usually displayed in brochures and in magazine features. I was beowing the half caboche for the stairs lamp at Xtra but in the end decided to save the money for some eames chairs... have you shared the black chandelier before? I don't rem reading about it... :P

Sis Adidaem, bought this before my 2nd Appt,.. ... So never take a pic of it... just a normal black glass chand... wanted to have it at dining until we fell in love with the caboche :)

Asked electrician to fix for me at staircase .... hmmmm.... the chandelier arms are abit off balance, will need to readjust...

chand1.jpg

can see that the arms are not really symmetrical .... :furious: need to 8| the electrician

chand2.jpg

zoomed in, can see the wall at the background not patched up properly

chand3.jpg

Looks like a spider when shot taken from lower floor :o

chand4.jpg

can see from the wire casing that the chandelier is not at the exact center position of the ceiling... ...

We actually have this lighting point above the staircase landing space between the 1st n 2nd level.. .... placing the chandelier at this point will facilitate bulb change, cleaning or light replacement in future.... we need to build a scaffolding if we want the point at the exact center, which means scaffolding for every single bulb change or cleaning.... :(

chand6.jpg

can see from the wire casing that the chandelier is not at the exact center position of the ceiling... ...

We actually have this lighting point above the staircase landing space between the 1st n 2nd level.. .... placing the chandelier at this point will facilitate bulb change, cleaning or light replacement in future.... we need to build a scaffolding if we want the point at the exact center, which means scaffolding for every single bulb change or cleaning.... :(

chand6.jpg

Your this chandelier reminds me of my favourite movie >> Harry Potter!!!! :)

Sis Adidaem, the website poisonous la.... cannot see liao la.... I spend too much already later no money pay contractor :o:D

and Sis and all ToTo fans, best ToTo discount still stands at 20% after going to 4 bathroom shops.... cos I'm only asking them to quote 2 WCs....

Hey bro, nevermind just look and don't click. :D Can gather ideas for your next house. I love to browse even when I can't buy... online 'window shopping'. :P

Thanks for the update on the Toto discount! :yamseng:

kobe, aiyah why didnt ask them best price for bulk order and what's minimum # of pc for bulk order :sport-smiley-018: i still havent gone to watertapz though i called them earlier to check on their closing time. :)

Hey bro, nevermind just look and don't click. :D Can gather ideas for your next house. I love to browse even when I can't buy... online 'window shopping'. :P

Thanks for the update on the Toto discount! :yamseng:

Yeah ! thanks for sharing the poisonous site.... :dribble:

kobe, aiyah why didnt ask them best price for bulk order and what's minimum # of pc for bulk order :sport-smiley-018: i still havent gone to watertapz though i called them earlier to check on their closing time. :)

Sis Sleek, yes I asked, for bulk orders, confirm can get more than 20%... but they are expecting us to order other stuffs like ToTo taps, showers, basins n WCs bulk ordering.... :(

Reno updates : 4th Week (can't believe it's already 4 weeks....)

As the whole house looks like a rubbish collection centre in the morning, I called up my contractor to $^@&%*&^@%#** :furious::D

Immediately he called me in the evening and told me that all debris and unwanted stuffs had been cleared :notti:

IMG-20110516-00547.jpg

Edited by Kobelala

I remember we had a discussion in earlier pages about PUB testings....

The testing is not mandatory according to the electrician and also my contractor (thru his experience)... so long as the guy doing is a certified trained electrician, will be ok. We've asked them to install balcony lights as I want to see the brightness of the outdoor lights bought :

Balcony Phillips outdoor light...

IMG-20110516-00548.jpg

really looks like street lamps :D

IMG-20110516-00550.jpg

This Phillips outdoor floodlight really powerful !

IMG-20110516-00553.jpg

I also have the same mindset as RB. Toilet bowl costing 900? Just too much.... Haha....

Hmm, we got an Ideal Standard for the Master and it cost $1.2k (before discount) as compared to the common's Bravat toilet which was $540. We thought we were investing in something with good Geberit flushing systems etc, but I've tried it and it's really not great. Flushing power was weak and we chose those 1-tick water efficiency ones. Sadness. Feel like we wasted a lot of money. Not even wall-hung, which was what I wanted but plumber said cannot do. A major aesthetic compromise, and it doesn't even work great!! Sigh.

Lesson learnt, at quite a cost, like the island hood (Lady R's $850 pretty Hobz hood with installation vs my ugly Bosch for $2.5k with installation). Major sadness. Wish I had knew...We're not even aspiring chefs, or home gourmet fanatics (hi2u Nigella!). :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

- Ely

Kobelala,

Such nice reno progress! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Caboche! I had it in my inspiration book but as things evolved, I got other lamps instead. I'm excited to see your foyer too!!

- Ely

Kobelala,

Nice balcony lights!

Cute I would say. Hee.. :)

N I must say, ur sanitary appliances, accessories, really high-end hor.

But it's such items that makes a house stand-out, not jus the reno.

Waiting for more photos!