Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

"Hum Sup Ghost" is the Cantonese equivalent of Hokkien "Chik-ko-peh" :lol: i supposed Lady_R heard the hokkien version before? :D

but bro why you think of "Hum Sup Ghost"........ are you one also.......... :notti:

Thanks Marshy..I heard and know the hokkien version.. :rofl: Bro Kobe..answer laaa..are you one of the "Hum Sup Ghost"? :bleah:

Talking about the supernatural thing, when I was having house warming party, I have this strange 'visitor' in our kitchen!! We roughly can guess who this 'visitor' was. :unsure:

oo5m_6f4_uc4it.jpg

Whoa! Sis Mae..this is BIG. In Chinese what is the belief? In Malay..if we have moth, we going to have a visitor on their way..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wahahaa..

lady_r,

u so cute.. chinese ghost jump? malay ghost fly? :P

kobelala,

i know some get white tape, coil ard the wire.

then at least not so obvious against the wall.

Some get the cable pipe and use it to cover.

also not so obvious.

but ur MBR one... abit hard to hide la.

ur ID can help though (by digging a "tunnel" and hide the wire in it)

but if want change, then troublesome coz need to dig out.

:P

LOL Dig tunnel..... :D I think ur cable pipe is good option, thanks Sista ! :dribble:

Ang mo ghost must kiss kiss, romance scene first..then can suck blood :rofl:

what is "hum sup ghost"?

like that "Durian Ghost" is in which category? :notti:

Hahahahaha, as Marshy said, "Cheeko Pek" ghost :D

I turn away and suddenly there is 30 new posts. I can see why. Master of suspense has revealed himself (there is creaky noise, we get fright, I slowly walk forward to investigate, This is a nice tree, It was the floor) ;).

The only realistic option if not using carpentry is to put some trunking on the wall and paint it to blend in or put some wallpaper over it and have it as a feature. Make sure all the cables that can be connected to the TV are connected and run through the trunking even if you are not using them as you may want to in the future and it avoids you having to open the trunking again.

We had a self opening room door when we stayed at Sentosa late at night with the kids asleep. Just opened by itself and then the chain stopped it. I suspect my wife didn't close it properly :D. I also keep catching movement out of the corner of my eye at home when sitting watching a movie after everyone has gone to sleep. I suspect it is only the light and shadows reflecting off the wall downstairs as people walk along the corridor which I cannot see from my seat.

RB

Buddy RB, make sure u don't turn away for too long :D where is the place in Sentosa ? Sentosa is pretty Haunted according to old singaporeans.....

Thanks Buddy for the trunking option, am considering that too :)

Talking about the supernatural thing, when I was having house warming party, I have this strange 'visitor' in our kitchen!! We roughly can guess who this 'visitor' was. :unsure:

Sis mae, u know when I was young, I always see such moth during lunar 7th month.... seldom see them now.... :)

Thanks Marshy..I heard and know the hokkien version.. :rofl: Bro Kobe..answer laaa..are you one of the "Hum Sup Ghost"? :bleah:

Sis Lady_R, cannot be Hum Sup Ghost liao ever since I'm married :o:dribble: kekekekekekekeke

Whoa! Sis Mae..this is BIG. In Chinese what is the belief? In Malay..if we have moth, we going to have a visitor on their way..

sister

I have met our brother Kobe and he is a kind gentleman leh!!

For the moth, it is really BIG! Vistors on their way? Not sure if Chinese have the same belief. But we recalled seeing this moth only after all the visitors had left. Perhaps we were too busy entertaining guests and neglected it.

Erm "visitor" is the scary kind right?

Gosh Lady R, you sound so 'cool' abt the pontianak. If it's me, super freaked out man...

Good to hear all is ok now.

For the moth, it is really BIG! Vistors on their way? Not sure if Chinese have the same belief. But we recalled seeing this moth only after all the visitors had left. Perhaps we were too busy entertaining guests and neglected it.

Mae-jie, is there a correct protocol when we see such big moth?

I'm very scared of insects leh (typical reaction is to scream like I've seen a monster...). Even small small beetle I also will scream so my SO will usually help to catch and throw outside the window. If got big moth how? Can chase away? :(

Buddy RB, make sure u don't turn away for too long :D where is the place in Sentosa ? Sentosa is pretty Haunted according to old singaporeans.....

Sentosa Spa and Resort. Fairly sure it was my wife though not closing the door fully ;).

Thanks Buddy for the trunking option, am considering that too :)

Np

RB

Mae-jie, is there a correct protocol when we see such big moth?

I'm very scared of insects leh (typical reaction is to scream like I've seen a monster...). Even small small beetle I also will scream so my SO will usually help to catch and throw outside the window. If got big moth how? Can chase away? :(

For this kind of 'thing', we usually don't disturb and don't chase them away! Just leave them alone and they will be gone with the wind. :P:o

.....and this 'visitor' is my children's late father who came to 'see' our newly renovated home. :rolleyes: I have asked the children to fork out partial of the renovation costs from the money left behind by their late father's estate. :jawdrop: So, the 'payor' came to see the house 'personally'. :dunno:

why must the "sai" become ghost story? Tonight going to be scary for me cos i will be thinking about all type of nonsense!! THat is why i never watch ghost movies.... any of you free to chit chat with me until i fall asleep tonight? or else i will never be able too... zz

My Bifold door will also auto close by itself if I don't close it properly. I still get scared by it at times even thou my bro has warned me beforehand that this is the biggest problem of bifold door. I don't watch ghost movie...cos I can't sleep and will keep thinking about it....I tried to watch Ring about 3 times but never stay on for more than 10 mins... The moment I saw the little girl sitting in the empty room I got scared liao...

I like this thread! We Really talk anything under the sun....

Lady R, u r so cool when talking about your encounters! Glad that u guys r okie now....

Adidaem, same same... I also scared of insects...I will scream and run out of the room and I die die must see the 'corpse' or I won't go back to the room...

I help you all change this to scientific talk.. :P

This moth is actually an Atlas Moth, largest moth species in the world. Wing to wing they can grow up to 30cm or sometimes even more..

They are quite common in Singapore, once I went to Sungei Buloh for a nature trek and it was atlas moth season, saw quite a few big moths and A LOT of their caterpillars. These caterpillars are all about 10cm long or so. Really the largest of its kind, we are actually quite lucky to be able to see this species of moth fly around Singapore.

Cheers :yamseng:

why must the "sai" become ghost story? Tonight going to be scary for me cos i will be thinking about all type of nonsense!! THat is why i never watch ghost movies.... any of you free to chit chat with me until i fall asleep tonight? or else i will never be able too... zz

Sister

I whatsapp you later ok?? :lol: I will be sleeping alone by myself during my "Stan Stan" trip in China too!! .:(. Scary horr??

Lady R, u r so cool when talking about your encounters! Glad that u guys r okie now....

Adidaem, same same... I also scared of insects...I will scream and run out of the room and I die die must see the 'corpse' or I won't go back to the room...

Ya boy, this is a fun thread, can chat about all sorts of things. Kobe bro is cool. :good:

Friends78, me too! Some more is the scream like super drama kind, especially if I'm startled by a flying insect (praying mantis are really big n scary...). Smaller ones I can usually control a bit, wave frantically at the insect and run for my life into another room and close the door. Or else if I'm alone I will empty half a can of insecticide until I'm convince the insect is dead (esp for cockroaches). :help:

Haha, so we both cannot go to the jungle. Sure die one. :P

Oh, this thread now have a new topic from GHOST to INSECTS?? :lol:

Edited by mae29

my mom told me that for Chinese, a moth is supposed to represent a dead person (e.g. family member) returning home for "visit". also "visitor" on his/her way :lol:

just when my grandma passed away, my sis spotted big moth at home for few consecutive days..... :unsure:

Sis Lady_R, cannot be Hum Sup Ghost liao ever since I'm married :o:dribble: kekekekekekekeke

you are writing this for your wife to read rite? hahahahaha :notti:

I help you all change this to scientific talk.. :P

This moth is actually an Atlas Moth, largest moth species in the world. Wing to wing they can grow up to 30cm or sometimes even more..

They are quite common in Singapore, once I went to Sungei Buloh for a nature trek and it was atlas moth season, saw quite a few big moths and A LOT of their caterpillars. These caterpillars are all about 10cm long or so. Really the largest of its kind, we are actually quite lucky to be able to see this species of moth fly around Singapore.

Cheers :yamseng:

bro you studied biology one? :D wah 10cm caterpillar is very scarryyyy laaa... i think that freaks me out more than the giant moth :rolleyes:

but hor, knowing that this is bro ko's thread... i think it's hard to stay scientific for a long time... hahahaha :P

Ya boy, this is a fun thread, can chat about all sorts of things. Kobe bro is cool. :good:

i never fail to LOL whenever i come to this thread... :lol: Ely's thread is another one with many interesting topics hahaha :)