Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nurikonagano

Choosing Sanitary Wares

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Johnson suisse is well known for good price, great quality and awesome design. I have been selling Johnson suisse here in kl for the past 20 years and I have received no complaints.

My price to forum customers is on average around RM 400 to RM 450 depending on design. RM 400 - RM 450 onwards = SGD 163 ...

is SGD 163 a good price in singapore?

Hi Pamsie

$163 is defo much cheaper than what I paid for my master bath toilet bowl. I'm actually looking for a basin tap & toilet bowl for common bath and may be driving up KL this weekend. How can i contact you?

Hi Pamsie

$163 is defo much cheaper than what I paid for my master bath toilet bowl. I'm actually looking for a basin tap & toilet bowl for common bath and may be driving up KL this weekend. How can i contact you?

yeah, please drop by and look for me ! attached below is a map of my shop. Call me if u r lost, 012 3480851 thanks !

Map.jpg

Edited by pamsie

yeah, please drop by and look for me ! attached below is a map of my shop. Call me if u r lost, 012 3480851 thanks !

Map.jpg

what is the warranty like if the WCs are bought from M'sia? The Johnson Suisse here in Singapore's showroom at Clarke Quay charges a much higher price than what you have quoted.

When problems take place after installation, would your showroom have a joint accountability with installers? What is covered under the warranty your showroom would be giving if Singapore customers made the purchase in M'sia?

But I do agree that Malaysia is BIG on Johnson Suisse. When I visited some of the large private establishments selling sanitary wares, the M'sian staff would tell me that Johnson Suisse is commonly seen in M'sia as it's really popular back home.

However, they have had very limited JS models here in showrooms that could be installed in HDB flats and I think thus far, I've only seen 2 JS designs in showrooms that fitted HDB's requirements & were approved by PUB to be sold in Singapore.

And those designs that are featured in your photographs, would they meet Singapore HDB's & PUB's requirements?

While I was scouting around for WCs, I found out that the sanitary shops here are not allowed to sell models that hasn't been endorsed by PUB becox of the water saving features.

All the models featured in Singapore showrooms had PUB's blue stickers pasted on them to show that they had been approved & ratings were given on their water saving features.

Edited by edenstrauss

I am quite concern about the issues like warranty and whether it is approved by PUB.

But drive all the way to KL just to purchase a set WC, does it really worth it?

I am quite concern about the issues like warranty and whether it is approved by PUB.

But drive all the way to KL just to purchase a set WC, does it really worth it?

Every individual has different values in life. From my perspective, it isn't worth it when there is a wide range of WCs to be found in Singapore.

While the showrooms & plumbers here in Singapore might have imported their sanitary wares from M'sia & China for the purpose of running a business, I supposed that folks like us who are home users could easily have settled down for WCs available in our home country.

Afterall, what's the purpose of a WC? To answer nature's call & ensuring that the waste could be flushed down the toilet bowls...

And I'm pretty sceptical when it comes to importing my own hardwares becox I'll be left stranded if those items are faulty or died on us after installation. The authorised distributors here in Singapore would disclaim responsibilities over such faulty products as how could they be responsible for things that don't belong to them??

I'm sorry if I'm notorious for being a forum windbag (characterised with wordy posts & comments), but I learnt my lesson the hard way with cosmetics, dermatological products & even branded apparel & bags.

When we scouted around for our new WC months ago, we had contemplated getting our own WC from stores in Singapore & getting our friend to install it for us. All the shops told us explicitly that should our WCs give us any problems, the responsibility lies with our installer (plumber) becox the WC wasn't installed by the shops' plumbers. As such, they cannot be responsible for any installation issues.

And when we checked with plumbers who were running the show on their own, they told us that the responsiblity lies with the shops since they provided us with a faulty WC.

That made us realise that we might be caught in a tricky situation when our installer & the shop where we bought from would be passing the ball between each other. It would be a bad choice to purchase WC on our own unless we were facing a HDB upgrade for toilets or if we had an ID to go after should the item be faulty after installation. Otherwise, we'll be stuck in a rut & go insane when neither party accepts responsibility.

p/s: It'll be insane to have to drive out of Singapore, all the way to M'sia should the item turn out to be faulty.

To me, the sequence must be Rough-in Distance (distance from wall to centre of sewerage outlet > Budget > Design. No point going around sitting and choosing WCs only to find out that they are not suitable or out of budget.

You must first measure the distance from the back wall to the centre of the sewerage outlet. Based on this dimension, maybe only 50% of the WCs in the shop may be suitable. I don't recall having to measure the size of the outlet or understand P/S trap. Most WCs, I understand, come with adjustable collars or convertors to meet the actual dimension. I have one with S trap and another is P converted to S trap. No difference to me visually or in usage. (P.s. P trap means outlet in the wall, S trap means outlet on the floor, which is more common).

Next, your budget may put another 25% of the WCs out of reach.

Finally, from the remaining 25%, choose a WC that meets your taste. I was intrigued by the suggestion to do a sit test for every WC. I have never done it, never seen anyone doing it. (Do we have to remove our pants?). Jokes aside, in my opinion, for comfort, the most important part is the toilet seat. A more solid seat is more comfortable to the bum. Something that feels like a piece of plastic about to break into two when you sit on it is no good. For those with bigger bums, or whose firing or bombing precision is not so good, a bigger bowl (and seat) will be more suitable. But usually more costly too.

In my case, a visit to Japan changed my life forever. I fell in love with the Japanese toilet seat. It warms your seat (in winter), plays soothing music, sprays warm water to gently clean your bum, blows hot air to dry your bum etc. In Singapore, we do not need to go for the $10,000 and above model. We can settle for the basic model which sprays water to clean your bum. No need for power supply. There are now many models in the market, but the one I chose was from Toto. I feel it is better built. The price of the Toto Washlet is from $250.00 to $1,000.00 depending on size, features, soft closing, bidet function etc etc.

For Toto, you can go visit the showroom at Bukit Timah, opposite KK Hospital and next to Sim Siang Choon, or any of the many shops at Balestier that sell too. But the shop I like best, and bought from, is Fullsun at 146 Jalan Besar. They have a full range of Toto WCs and toilet seats. The WCs also have water connection, so you can flush and see how the water goes down for each model. (No, I don't think you can poo here). Or you can try this website, which has video too: http://japaneselifestyle.seesaa.net/category/1714188-1.html

I have been using my Toto WC and washlet for some time now. I don't think I will ever be home without it!

Edited by kstoh

• Like 1

haha, i strongly believe no test how to know comfortable or not ?

but my wife and daughter will not do that bcos they said so "pai-say" or "malu"

and my daughter even suggest why not bring the current old WC over to new resale flat since she so used to using it ?

!@#$%^&* (wat can i say ??)

haha, i strongly believe no test how to know comfortable or not ?

but my wife and daughter will not do that bcos they said so "pai-say" or "malu"

and my daughter even suggest why not bring the current old WC over to new resale flat since she so used to using it ?

!@#$%^&* (wat can i say ??)

Haha, that's interesting.

Maybe you can just take the seat as a sample from the sales guy and try at home? biggrin.gif

I will go for Johnson Suisse WC...

Good and recgonised quality, price is competitive, Design is great.

Most importantly their office is also base here in Sing

Check it in their showroom

Nos 33, Ubi Ave 3, Vertex #01-33, Tel 66592533.

Hi Rock0316, i have been to that showroom too. They have alot of JS displayed and if you happen to look for other items they have that too. Most importantly the sales person "Alex" was good. I love his recommendations for my sister house's toilet.

Suggest never buy from Hoe Kee. They have no after sales services. Bought a tap less than 2 wks ago. The copper pipe broke and got flood in the house. They blame the installation. The contractor install several taps in my house. None of them got issue. They claimed none of their business. 

IMG20160522123458.jpg

Are you tight in renovation budget for your bathroom and toilet?

Check it out from our web store https://biglobang.com/

We have wide range of elegant basin and excellent quality WC.

More important we sell at wholesale price!! Hehe :P:P

Welcome to inquiry biglobang.sg@gmail.com

package-a.jpg

package-acc.jpg

Edited by biglobang