Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LADY_R

Our Crib

Hi Jeff44oh, if you still have not done any renovation on your EM, you are welcome to follow suit my design. I did try a few design to include standing shower and bathtub..and this is the final design which I find more comfortable with bathtub hidden. :D

My reno aready done with open concept kitchen n no utility rm(Hack away)

Will be moving in this sunday :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
why not a sink at the island...centrally located area leh...but how to run piping there ah???

if there are not enough counter top (lady_R have all tall cabinets) so need the island as counter top. IF have sink, the space on the counter will be much less already leh.

Piping can be run below the tiles.

Yes, I need more space for my work area..as I like to bake cupcakes and cookies for my family. As stated in my previous post, I did mentioned my old kitchen is too small for me..so for this home I make sure I have the space that I dream off :P

My reno aready done with open concept kitchen n no utility rm(Hack away)

Will be moving in this sunday :)

:good: Happy Moving! Do you have any blog so that we can view your renovation.. Share with us lei..

i also like the way you designed your MBR toilet..but not sure if i can do the same for mine as our toilets are in different positions compared to yours!

you got PM! :paint:

HELP!

I need some advise.. Went to have a look at the house yesterday with our contractor for final measurement when he asked if we still intend to keep the marble flooring. There are a few crack lines (some are so obvious). Im hoping that it can be safe as to cut cost. But contractor say its best to change because there are too many crack lines.. and someday mayb during hacking and drilling more crack will surface. My question.. Can we still keep the marble? Is there a way to restore it beside polish? I need to make the decision ASAP.. hacking will start on this monday..TIA :help:

Very nice. I intend to do my kitchen, something similar like yours. :)

Hi, ur contractor is JGH rite... I find their price was..... Errr..... If i still remember their SANDs need $$$$ rite... :P

Hi, ur contractor is JGH rite... I find their price was..... Errr..... If i still remember their SANDs need $$$$ rite... :P

Yes. Their quote includes cost for sand.

Anyway, I was havin second thoughts abt signing up with them, but already committed, plus I've spent quite some time refining my requirements with them, and tired of sourcing for new IDs/contractors.

Given a chance again, I might just take on some of the recommended IDs/contractors from renotalk.

But now signed liao, just have to follow thru, but will need to do our due diligence that the work performed and services delivered match our expectations.

:|

HELP!

I need some advise.. Went to have a look at the house yesterday with our contractor for final measurement when he asked if we still intend to keep the marble flooring. There are a few crack lines (some are so obvious). Im hoping that it can be safe as to cut cost. But contractor say its best to change because there are too many crack lines.. and someday mayb during hacking and drilling more crack will surface. My question.. Can we still keep the marble? Is there a way to restore it beside polish? I need to make the decision ASAP.. hacking will start on this monday..TIA :help:

Hi Lady R ! Wait, don't hack first.... .... IMHO, marbles can last for ages.... why don't u try using a Marble Sealant ?? U can google to try if they are useful...

Hi Lady R ! Wait, don't hack first.... .... IMHO, marbles can last for ages.... why don't u try using a Marble Sealant ?? U can google to try if they are useful...

Have a discussion with my hubby yesterday. We still considering right now, either to polish the marble or just lay laminate for the living room.

As what told by contractor, the crack is from the beam downstairs, so if we intend to replace just the crack area to a new set, the crack will reappear again. But seriously, I find his reason is kind of b***s**t!

If I change, the crack line will reappear bcos of the beam then if I change to a new ceramic tiles for whole living room as what suggested by him can he confirm with me that the ceramic tiles will not follow suit as the marble 8| since it come from the beam.

Hmmm... so yesterday I kind of put some facts to my husband.. I told him, marble & tiles can crack..but can laminate crack? ever heard of laminate crack? no right.. :P so right now my mind is only focus on laminate the whole living room :paint:

HELP!

hey i think you can take bro Kobelala's suggestion. my house came with broken marble floor, which has been there since the very 1st owner. so obviously, there were some holes and cracks here and there, my contractor use some putty to seal it up... it's the same putty that is in between the pieces of broken marble... hope you get what i mean.... not sure if it's the same as the sealant kobelala mentioned though.

not sure how big your crack is... but it's a waste to cover the marble with laminate leh~ try to keep it if you can :)

hey i think you can take bro Kobelala's suggestion. my house came with broken marble floor, which has been there since the very 1st owner. so obviously, there were some holes and cracks here and there, my contractor use some putty to seal it up... it's the same putty that is in between the pieces of broken marble... hope you get what i mean.... not sure if it's the same as the sealant kobelala mentioned though.

not sure how big your crack is... but it's a waste to cover the marble with laminate leh~ try to keep it if you can :)

hmm.. i love to keep it, since I never use marble before. kobelala suggest sealant, sis marshy suggest "putty"..Know what my contractor suggest?

place a fine wood in between den polish!! How fine the wood is Im not sure. he say might as well change because if we intend to keep we still need to polish and need to cover the crack with wood..and somehow the price will be the same as change to a new one.. Maybe my contractor think he can "makan" us eh 8| .. but lucky I have sister & brother in this forum for me to asked around :P

Thanks to those who have answer my question :yamseng:

Hi,

Welcome to the neighbourhood! I'm in St.42 too at blk 54X... Been here for almost a year now...

I recall that when I 1st bought the house, the floor is also laid with marble. However I choose to hack it off at the lower floor and replace them with homogenous tiles as I have a 4 year old kid at home. Didn't want her to slip and fall when the floor is accidentally wet. For upper floor, I over-lay them with gray laminated flooring. Hee...Your master room concept is juz like what I've had done with mine. Great minds thinks alike! :yeah:

Cheers and good luck in your reno process ;)

Hi,

Welcome to the neighbourhood! I'm in St.42 too at blk 54X... Been here for almost a year now...

I recall that when I 1st bought the house, the floor is also laid with marble. However I choose to hack it off at the lower floor and replace them with homogenous tiles as I have a 4 year old kid at home. Didn't want her to slip and fall when the floor is accidentally wet. For upper floor, I over-lay them with gray laminated flooring. Hee...Your master room concept is juz like what I've had done with mine. Great minds thinks alike! :yeah:

Cheers and good luck in your reno process ;)

Really!!! :dribble: oh whoa can show me some picture? at least I will feel satisfy by looking at ur renovation with same concept as mine..since unable to see my design in 3D.. :( I usually try to visualise before I design, but to make my hubby visualise my idea lol..very difficult, i have to keep on repeat mode :paint: my laminate is dark grey and most of my furniture is dark colour :dancingqueen:

My daughter fell and hit her head once when we went for site measurement :( I still love the marble flooring, but have to keep reminding myself next time to make sure the floor is dry and closed the kitchen door. My daughter is the active type, even when she sick, she wont rest..in the end, mummy and daddy who feel so tired